• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Quilt for Justin

I don't know if everyone is aware of this, but Justin has been going through a very rough patch in his life (blog here), and I feel that this is the right thing for us to do. Justin has always been the one to start these threads to make a nice little quilt where each participating member contributes a 200-pixel graphic/drawing that they design as a patch of the quilt. Feel free to include a little message on it--you want it to make it as special as possible for Justin. If you would like to take part, please try your best to keep your tile this size:

263aryb.png

Oh, right, if you don't have a photobucket account or anything, TinyPic is a decent site to use because you don't even have to set up an account to upload. We can brainstorm a deadline for all the tiles to be assembled and sent to him, but for now, let's definitely try to get this finalized before the month is over.

Justin, if you find this thread in your browsing, I hope you know that this is pure proof that we, ZD as a community, care about you. You are a great person, friend, and admin, so we really wish that you will feel better soon.

---
I don't have a tile at the moment, but the next time I start up GIMP, I'll edit it in right here.

EDIT: Okay, here's mine:
35a62pi.png

Yes, those are two of my gerbils. :>

Last edited:

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Hrm, I do this Mandy,I'll get it this done tonight and give it to you tomorrow.^^

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Were always here for you Justin.:)

Quilt.jpg

Here is the text if you can't read it:

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD. When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it: "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me." The LORD replied:
"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Here is my piece:

QuiltPieceforJustin.png

And if you cannot read the words here is what it says: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

I pray that everything works out for you, Justin. :)

Ghosi

Schmetterling

I tried to use my tricks I learned in Digital Design; it worked. But I now officially realized that GIMP is not as hard as I thought it was. I hope Justin will get well soon.

Last edited:
I made one...

Mine says...
Brevis ipsa vita est sed malis fit longior - Our life is short but is made longer by misfortunes.

027ced45.jpg

David

But you called me here...
I will create my own soon, however, I volunteer to combine all of these quilt patches by the deadline.

Justin really deserves this, good idea!

I will create my own soon, however, I volunteer to combine all of these quilt patches by the deadline.

Justin really deserves this, good idea!
Oh, I've been kind of doing it already, but I'm willing to let you do it. I just don't know how to arrange the tiles--I seem to have the temptation to put the usernames in alphabetical order. ;p I have a few squares from users who haven't posted in this thread, so... When it comes to that time, I can put them in a .zip file for you or something. I'm thinking maybe 7 columns, and however-many rows depending on the contributions, but that would be up to you.

And to everyone who has already contributed, thank you so much. Please help spread the word of the quilt, so we can get more squares.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom