• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rito Tribe

Yes...The Zoras evolved into the Rito over time. Just like the Kokiri evolved into the Korok. I learned about this in biology...its called adaptaion. They pretty much couldn't go on in their current state, so over time they develpoed different physical qualities.

And Valoo gave them the ability to fly, it says so in the game.

M

MiniMeMilo

yes its a direct sequal from WW. but PH it plays in a other dimension.
Sorry about that, I assumed that PH was in the same setting as TWW was. I don't own the game, nor do I remember the ending in TWW. Now that I understand that, it even further strengthens my beliefs that the Rito are the evolved creatures that came from the Zora.

I just remembered something crucial to this theory. As you all know, Makar is a Korok from Forest Haven who plays the violin. Fado is a Kokiri, and also the previous Sage of Wind, who played the same violin as Makar does. Is there a possible connection here?

Medli is a Rito from Dragon Roost Island who plays the harp. Laruto is a Zora, the former Sage of Earth, and plays the same harp that Medli is seen playing too. Not to mention she is wearing the same sash type cloth that Medli is wearing. Is this yet another connection between races?

Last edited by a moderator:
F

firebunnies123

so if zoras turned to ritos that makes sense. I still believe it would make more sense to stay zoras since most of hyrule is ocean. Sure there are monsters in the sea, but down below by hyrule castle (where king of red lions takes link) it is pretty safe. Also on the subject of ph what world are link and tetra in? I have the game and its pretty stupid they say its a different world. It has a lot of the same races like gorons.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
so if zoras turned to ritos that makes sense. I still believe it would make more sense to stay zoras since most of hyrule is ocean. Sure there are monsters in the sea, but down below by hyrule castle (where king of red lions takes link) it is pretty safe. Also on the subject of ph what world are link and tetra in? I have the game and its pretty stupid they say its a different world. It has a lot of the same races like gorons.

When you finish the game you'll find out, I don't want to spoil anything for you. PM me if you have any questions.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Sorry about that, I assumed that PH was in the same setting as TWW was. I don't own the game, nor do I remember the ending in TWW. Now that I understand that, it even further strengthens my beliefs that the Rito are the evolved creatures that came from the Zora.

I just remembered something crucial to this theory. As you all know, Makar is a Korok from Forest Haven who plays the violin. Fado is a Kokiri, and also the previous Sage of Wind, who played the same violin as Makar does. Is there a possible connection here?

Medli is a Rito from Dragon Roost Island who plays the harp. Laruto is a Zora, the former Sage of Earth, and plays the same harp that Medli is seen playing too. Not to mention she is wearing the same sash type cloth that Medli is wearing. Is this yet another connection between races?

uuuhm yes, thats what i tried to explain in my first post. and thats the one huge clue why the rito may have been the zora 's. and it is explained in the game that the koroks were once the kokiri. so if this is related on bloodline, then the possibility of the rito tribe were once the zora"" is big.

Edit: i'm currently busy replaying WW, and i'm at the part were Laruto the zora sage is now talking.
this is what she said:
"You must find the one who carries on my bloodline...The one who holds this sacred instrument..."

Last edited:

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
What doesn't make sense to me, like many others have said in this topic, why did the Zora need to evolve if the land was flooded. They are already excellent swimmers and this type of world best suits their physical features.

However, once they gained the ability to fly, Darwinism would say that because the swimming capabilities of the Rito were now obsolete, their survival was based solely on flying skill. While they didn't inherit wings as genetics and rather, were given them, they would never grow their own wings, but their 'fins' for swimming would probably disappear over the long haul. I suppose their beaks also formed because of survival of the fittest. Maybe the beak helps their flying capabilities, so those with poor or no beak slowly died off while the dominant beak Zora/Rita survived.

I suppose I'm probably over analyzing the Darwinism aspect of evolution. Either way, I wasn't quite happy with the Rito tribe evolution, if it even really is an evolution and not a completely different tribe. I'd much rather have them be different species all togethor. As a Zelda fan, the bigger the better, the more the marrier. Thus, rather than 'eliminating' one race to create another, they should have just introduced a whole new race (which they possibly even did so). I'd love to believe that and in future games see the Zora and Rito both in the same game, much as I'd like to see several of the other so called 'evolved' races blend in as well. A game with 10-12 different races would be sweet.

What other so called races..the Koroks? Its proven they were evolved from the Kokiri. Also, maybe they couldnt survive int he ocean since they are..fresh water creatures? When have the Zora lived in the ocean?

What other so called races..the Koroks? Its proven they were evolved from the Kokiri. Also, maybe they couldnt survive int he ocean since they are..fresh water creatures? When have the Zora lived in the ocean?
Haha, very true. We only see them in Lake Hylia and in the Rivers.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei

uuuhhhm... thats what i also was thinking, but then i missed also one very important point.
majora's mask, the zora there live in the sea.

and yes it is proven that kokiri are the koroks. the great deku tree tells you that the once had a human form but they were forced to djust their form due the great flood.

Well i think Termina is the exception. We got the Gerudo who are now pirates, Zora who dwell in the sea, Gorons who live atop an ice mountain... MM was just a huge acid trip IMO.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
the rito also have a protector deity like the zora's in Oot had. the rito have valoo and the zora's had lord jabu jabu

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
the rito also have a protector deity like the zora's in Oot had. the rito have valoo and the zora's had lord jabu jabu

got a point there.
by the way, i discoverd something today. apperently midna is not the only one who wears the zora logo. prince kolami also has the logo when he has wings. the logo is on its necklace.
it may not be a huge clue but still this means that midna is not the only one who wears it.

why you ask? because laruto the earth sage could also meant something else with the "bloodline", the sage bloodline. medli could also be the resurrected form of a sage. Like that owl (forgot that name) in oot. he also was sage in a ressurected form. if medli was the only one wearing the zora logo, then there was also a chance that she 's just a resurected sage.

now that i have seen the logo on prince kolami, i'm starting to believe more that the rito are the zora. there may be more clues in the game that i havn 't noticed yet.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
I liked that part with a ressurected sage, but it have a hatch... Laruto asked Link to find her decendant, not her ressurected form. Medli is a decendant to Laruto, and not Laruto herself...

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Yes, I do believe the Rito are descended from the Zora tribe in OoT. But I think 'evolved' is the wrong term here. IIRC, the Deku Tree specifically said that the Koroks once took the form of children, which to me implied they were changed unnaturally, probably using magic. Its possible the same happened with the Rito tribe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom