• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Operation Moonfall

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Mmmm...no. I realize that Grezzo would do it so Nintendo could focus on other games, but think about it. Fans are begging for this title. Now, if Nintendo decides to do it and Grezzo makes an awesome remake, fans will be thrilled. Nintendo, hearing the fans' excitement and praise, will think, 'Well, we gave the fans exactly what they wanted, so there's no point in making any more Zelda games for the 3DS now. After all, they already have two, so let's just be done with Zelda for the 3DS.'

Do you understand what I'm saying? If we ask for yet another remake, chances are Nintendo's not going to make a new Zelda for the 3DS, especially since they're hard at work with both Skyward Sword AND Zelda Wii U. Do you want a brand new, fresh adventure, or yet another remake with pretty much just updated graphics?

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
Mmmm...no. I realize that Grezzo would do it so Nintendo could focus on other games, but think about it. Fans are begging for this title. Now, if Nintendo decides to do it and Grezzo makes an awesome remake, fans will be thrilled. Nintendo, hearing the fans' excitement and praise, will think, 'Well, we gave the fans exactly what they wanted, so there's no point in making any more Zelda games for the 3DS now. After all, they already have two, so let's just be done with Zelda for the 3DS.'

Do you understand what I'm saying? If we ask for yet another remake, chances are Nintendo's not going to make a new Zelda for the 3DS, especially since they're hard at work with both Skyward Sword AND Zelda Wii U. Do you want a brand new, fresh adventure, or yet another remake with pretty much just updated graphics?

Ummm.... Your arguement makes little to no sence what so ever... Your arguement is based around the idea that Nintendo is a company that hates it's fans and doesn't like money.
Also, look at Nintendo's record, they have made many remakes without second party help and they always cranked out a new game for console and handheld every 1-2 years, why would they suddenly stop?

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Ummm.... Your arguement makes little to no sence what so ever... Your arguement is based around the idea that Nintendo is a company that hates it's fans and doesn't like money.
Also, look at Nintendo's record, they have made many remakes without second party help and they always cranked out a new game for console and handheld every 1-2 years, why would they suddenly stop?
Do you understand that MM3D was never even in Nintendo's intentions in the first place? It was made up entirely by fans who saw OoT3D and wanted the same treatment done to Majora's Mask. I never said Nintendo hated it's fans, but that doesn't mean they're going to do everything the fans ask them to do.

When's the last time Nintendo's made two remakes in the same series on the same system in a row? Never. It's unprecedented. Of course they can make a new Zelda game after ONE remake, but two...it's a little sketchy.

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
Do you understand that MM3D was never even in Nintendo's intentions in the first place? It was made up entirely by fans who saw OoT3D and wanted the same treatment done to Majora's Mask. I never said Nintendo hated it's fans, but that doesn't mean they're going to do everything the fans ask them to do.

When's the last time Nintendo's made two remakes in the same series on the same system in a row? Never. It's unprecedented. Of course they can make a new Zelda game after ONE remake, but two...it's a little sketchy.

So Nintendo would completely drop the idea of making a new handheld Zelda game for the entire life span of 3DS?
Again, do they suddenly hate money? Nintendo handhelds have been gaining in lifespan over the years, and the Nintendo 3DS is looking like it will have by far the longest life of them all, with it's ability to have constant updates. Nintendo would have to completely ignore the idea of a handheld Zelda for around 5-8 years. The Nintendo 3DS will be around LONG after SkywardSword and the WiiU Zelda title are released, and I'm sure they are already working on something, they always are.
There is nothing Nintendo has ever done to suggest they would just stop making Zelda games for a specific device just because it already has other Zelda games on it.

Ok so this thing called Operation Moonfall,and it is where they remake Majoras Mask.Ive come up with3 reasons why Nintendo should pass's Majora's mask.

1.If Nintendo made Ocarina of Time for the 3ds Nintendo NEEDS to make its sister game.

2.The grapic's would make Majora's Mask a better game.

3. IT WOULD BE SO TOTALY EPIC!

If you have any other reasons please post why Operation Moonfall should be a succses.

Link12:)

1.If Nintendo made Ocarina of Time for the 3ds Nintendo NEEDS to make its sister game.

It's more of a want by the fans, not a need of nintendo.

2.The grapic's would make Majora's Mask a better game.

Not neccesarily, but updated graphics would be nice. Not a good point either.

3. IT WOULD BE SO TOTALY EPIC!
Very good point there xD
As epic as it would be, it still isn't a valid reason.

Now here are my reason why i think there should be a remake for Majora's Mask.

1. Although some people think the game was perfect.it had some things that held it back. These things are...
a. Glitches
b. bugs
Some glitches were fun like the fierce deity in termina field glitch but there were some that could cause problems for the gameplay. With so many bugs with each port, it made the game freeze and eventually die.

I personally would rather them make a MM3D even if it puts a new game on hold... it just doesn't feel complete without it... After that then bring on some new adventures.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

Actually, it's just the opposite. Not making it would save them money. And they love the fans. Why do you think they remade OoT? Just to do it? No, it was celebrating the 25th Anniversary.

What are you talking about? OoT's the only remake any Zelda game's ever had. Link's Awakening DX and A Link to the Past GBA were ports. Those don't take long to make at all, as it's just transferring data. Remakes? A completely different story. They're started from scratch.

@ atheistbigred you are a hater to majoras mask

That is a bold and highly inaccurate statement. Why does everyone automatically assume that those against Operation Moonfall hate Majora's Mask?

I personally would rather them make a MM3D even if it puts a new game on hold... it just doesn't feel complete without it... After that then bring on some new adventures.

By that do you mean that MM is paired with OoT? If you do, that's not true. Just because it's a direct sequel doesn't mean it's tied to the previous game, especially with MM, as it has nothing to do with any of the other games when it comes to the main plot. I also find it humorous how fans didn't go crazy and ask for a MM Master Quest after OoT had one with the WW pre-order bonus. No one complained about that when it happened, yet this is somehow different? Hardly. It's the same principle.

What are you talking about? OoT's the only remake any Zelda game's ever had. Link's Awakening DX and A Link to the Past GBA were ports. Those don't take long to make at all, as it's just transferring data. Remakes? A completely different story. They're started from scratch.

Originally Posted by Link12

That is a bold and highly inaccurate statement. Why does everyone automatically assume that those against Operation Moonfall hate Majora's Mask? from JuiceJ well 1st why are you agansit Operation Moon fall? 2. If Nintendo made Ocarina of Time 3d why cant Nintendo Make Majoras Mask

Actually, it's just the opposite. Not making it would save them money. And they love the fans. Why do you think they remade OoT? Just to do it? No, it was celebrating the 25th Anniversary.

Remakes and games that re-use elements from other games (which Majora's Mask 3D would qualify as both) are significantly cheaper to produce than a new game, and yet if it's a game in the Zelda franchise, remake or not, it'll sell like hotcakes, probably making them as much money as a new game would on sales, while costing far less. So no, they would make a profit from Majora's Mask 3D.

Yeah, but Majora's Mask 3D would not be made from scratch, because they already have much of it made with Ocarina of Time 3D. So while that point holds true with every other remake, it doesn't with Majora's Mask 3D.

That is very inaccurate as JJ said. If you actually read my post i am for Operation Moonfall, and even if i wasn't i still love Majora's Mask. I was simply pointing out the flaws in your argument because we need some good points if these people are going to join in on the operation. Also i made some points that nobody has destroyed yet. Oh and JuicieJ i have a feeling you're against Operation Moonfall because Axle is, you have always been an Axle fanboy.

I for one, think the controls sucked in MM (at least on the gamecube anyway). I don't know if they were any better on the N64 version, but the N64 is so old, someone like me couldn't play it (i'm 14). A remake would give it a chance to have better controls. I don't know if anyone else has this issue, i mean like controlling deku link in water. it was kind of hard. Like i said, a remake would give it better controls, and an overall better experience for gamers.

That is very inaccurate as JJ said. If you actually read my post i am for Operation Moonfall, and even if i wasn't i still love Majora's Mask. I was simply pointing out the flaws in your argument because we need some good points if these people are going to join in on the operation. Also i made some points that nobody has destroyed yet. Oh and JuicieJ i have a feeling you're against Operation Moonfall because Axle is, you have always been an Axle fanboy.
people are calling a jerk becuz i said you where a hater to Moonfall.i didnt mean to be a jerk, @JuiceJ your An axleboy or ab quit beening a poserand dude just be yourself dont be an ab

Going back to the DS, the first zelda title for the DS, Phantom hourglass, it was released 2 years after the DS's Release. I think that's what Nintendo plan to do for the 3DS.

As for Majora's Mask 3D, they can get that completed within a year, so i don't think it will delay a new zelda title at all.

You really doubt Nintendo don't you? 2 Zelda remakes aren't gonna stop them from making original titles. I personally think they should stop making remakes after Majora's Mask, so that they can work on original titles. Nintendo can multi-task so they can get Grezzo to work on Majora's Mask and Nintendo can work on a New Title. It's just a case in Believing in Nintendo's actions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom