• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 8: Twilight Princess Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedizora

:right:
This sounds scummy to me. Who said that we can't complain because it's the first day? Just because it's the first day doesn't mean you can RVS all over the place.
Doesn't mean I can't. And I just wanted to get a vote out there, because I might not be able to get on for a few days, and I don't want to be modkilled.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Woah, I though this game wasn't starting until SoL got back from vacation and here it is with already seven pages. @__@;

So I'm all caught up and there are two people who are sticking out: Erebea and Arkvoodle, mostly because they are acting rather overzealous for day 1. Could just be eager towns, or scum trying to stir confusion.

Nicole

luke is my wife
--Day 1 Vote Tally:--

Hero of Time: 2 (Viral Maze, Meego)
Danny: 1 (Austin)
Go_Dark_Link: 4 (Kybyrian, Erebea, NorthApple, link to present)
Josh: 2 (Josh, Jediora )
Ninten*: 2 (Danny, Elfen)

Yet to vote: Raindrop14, Djinn, Justeazy, Axle the Beast, Ninten*, TreeHuggerPanda, arkvoodle, green goron, Hero of Time, Komali, Hanyou, Hachi, Go_Dark_Link, Keyshe.

This might be my last vote tally before I leave. Austin promised me he'd keep up with the tally, bother him if you need to.

Also, and this is important, even if you reach a majority lynch before I get back, send your Night PMs to me. Thank you.

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
Goddammit Nicole, I unvoted back on page 5. Pay better attention. :<

I have a massive headache right now, and I actually specifically remember deleting your vote from where I had saved it. Somehow it showed up again. @_@

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
For right now I am suspicious of these people:

green goron, The most minor of the three. Commented on something as fishy (that wasn't even there) and most suspicious was unvote right away when he was accused. I'm personally not really getting any real strong red flags on his comment and RVS. As he is on the defense, he is being consistent, not backing off, running or back pedaling and I am not seeing slip ups. This make me think me just might be town and read a post wrong. That has been blow out of proportion. He is confident and not coming off that scummy.

Go_Dark_Link Made a quick introduction post about promising of being more active. But oddly commented on being one of the town. In a manner that seemed forced and out of place. It wasn't really necessary and even broke the communication he was trying to give. "we town" Looks to me that the we was an after thought fixing an almost slip of stating he isn't town.
His sarcastic response to all the suspicion doesn't help a whole lot. It defects from the concern with out really addressing it. Made me laugh though. :D

Arkvoodle, seems to be trying too hard to be a serious investigative town. Made a oddly big deal how RVS are bad... but are still good? And even RVSed himself? Also takes the time to state it might be seen as scummy.
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...ight-Princess-Game-Thread&p=330803#post330803

Is oddly reaching here, again takes the time to point out he is over doing it :/
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...ight-Princess-Game-Thread&p=330850#post330850

Now he starts going on about being serious he adds later here adds more to this that there isn't room for jokes in mafia. (This is more of the trying too hard...) http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...ight-Princess-Game-Thread&p=330869#post330869

^Also look at what he says about GG... this feels off and trying too hard to incriminate someone and put doubt on him with little evidence. He had leaned heavily on GG on lot of reasons and topics, RVS scummy, talking about GDL, to him saying he was town as a cover, but dropping them all to say he just talking about the GDL part, while defecting Danny away about him ragging on the RVS. He causing confusion and unnecessarily trying to stop people from RVSing. Almost all RVS have little to no reason. Doesn't really matter if the votes for a person who has posted or not. They mean the same. Going on about the RVS is odd, especially continuously when there are better things to be discussing...

This also bothers me: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...ight-Princess-Game-Thread&p=330877#post330877
He gets hanged up on Xin's "us" but not a peep about GDL's "we town"? All he says to him is odd advise. He did something similar with GG but here he puts out of place scummy connotations in it...
Arky said:
Wat?

Unvote: Erebea I can't remember voting for him.
I find this hard to believe as he pointedly RVSed Erebea to look less weird. :/ On his first post... that also a little more memorable then some vote in the middle of discussions.

Vote: Arkvoodle

Also Keeping my eyes on Viral and Ky. Both seem to be playing laid back, that matches their scum meta a little.

This post as well this post. It's reaching. I find it odd how she making a connection like this and pointedly putting with it very certain scummy connotations..

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Going on about the RVS is odd, especially continuously when there are better things to be discussing...

Because RVSs are getting in the way of actual discussion. I can see where they are necessary, but when you vote for someone outside of the thread, it's just pointless, especially when you've already stated your suspicions on someone else.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
The vote will be more than dissolved by that point. Look at how rapidly posts are appearing. I don't think it will be significant enough for him to care by that point.

Vote tallies...

I'm just going to
Vote: Josh.
Its still the first day? Thats means you can't complain about RVS.

Indeed but we have better leads to be honest.

Because RVSs are getting in the way of actual discussion. I can see where they are necessary, but when you vote for someone outside of the thread, it's just pointless, especially when you've already stated your suspicions on someone else.

I suppose this is both a good and a bad point. RVS...I used to dislike it but to be honest it gets the game going and the ball rolling, people can respong in certain ways which may reveal suspicions. And it's something to fill the gap before someone slips up...but I agree it should probably phase out when we get some leads.

Right now Green Goron is just slipping and tripping over his own words, I am probably going to keep an eye on him...he could still be town because if I remember correctly he isn't a hugely experienced player. But...
IGMEOY: Green Goron

Ark is being rather over observant...which is okay and I suppose being eager is a good thing but he's also being rather defensive...it could just be him wanting to prove a point but it sticks out as a bit suspisious.
IGMEOY: arkvoodle

I am watching GDL but to be honest he may well be townie. Either that or he's just made a really really stupid mistake. >_>

Hero of Time is just annoying me. His opening post made no sense at all and for now my vote stays on him...

Keyshe...right now you are helping with this game so you lean towards town in my books, but obviously no-one can be completely certain yet.

Djinn

and Tonic
Wow, I'm gone for one night and there are already eight pages here.

It is hard for me to say about GDL, he acted much like this before in Mafia 7. Made a few fluff posts that generally did not add a lot, try to soft claim in a slightly obvious way. I'm not sure what to make of that, a playstyle I think it may be there just to have the minimum number of votes for the day again. Just sticking a "I'm town" in there really doesn't convince me of anything, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't convince anyone else either. Ninten*, asking for an update for five pages on day one?

IGMEOY: Ninten*

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Doesn't mean I can't. And I just wanted to get a vote out there, because I might not be able to get on for a few days, and I don't want to be modkilled.

I see... So you RVS when there are more suspicious people out there? Are you even going through the thread to look for scumtell? Because it seems that you aren’t since MANY people have pointed out scumtell in other people.

FoS: Jedizora, Ninten*, link to present

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I find this hard to believe as he pointedly RVSed Erebea to look less weird. :/ On his first post... that also a little more memorable then some vote in the middle of discussions.

It's not an RVS if there's a reason. That's a backed up vote. Also, I thought I only IGMEOY'd him rather than voted for him.

Pen

The game is on!
There we go! I just read through all of the pages. I'm so sorry for being so late, but I've had a busy week. Anyway, as always I will not be voting on the first day, the chances are low to actually lynch a scum on the first day anyway. I do have some suspicions though, Ninten* for instance. It didn't really seem as if he was scum hunting at all when he asked what had happened without reading it all himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom