• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime!

A

Ando

Yum yum, anime.
Has anyone been watching Shikabane Hime? Funimation's been uploading it to Hulu, and it's good stuff. The first few episodes you're just like, "well, okay, this is good enough I guess", but then episode five or so rolls in and you're like "WHAAAAT must watch next episode". Funimation's releasing episode 13 on Friday, and then they'll presumably begin work on bringing over season 2. *fingers crossed*

Beyond that, I've been watching Gintama on (the new and improved ALL LEGAL) Crunchyroll. That's actually a pretty hilarious show, assuming you forget about that ninja chick who can just fall off a cliff and die for all I care. And Gin's voice is so amazing.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Yum yum, anime.
Has anyone been watching Shikabane Hime? Funimation's been uploading it to Hulu, and it's good stuff. The first few episodes you're just like, "well, okay, this is good enough I guess", but then episode five or so rolls in and you're like "WHAAAAT must watch next episode". Funimation's releasing episode 13 on Friday, and then they'll presumably begin work on bringing over season 2. *fingers crossed*

Beyond that, I've been watching Gintama on (the new and improved ALL LEGAL) Crunchyroll. That's actually a pretty hilarious show, assuming you forget about that ninja chick who can just fall off a cliff and die for all I care. And Gin's voice is so amazing.

Shikabane Hime huh? I googled it and it looks good, i will watch it later.
Aparrently, the second season is already ungoing. Ep 1 is subbed and Ep2 is still raw.

And Gintama, well i watched it a little, but after a while it became quite boring to me. So i stopped watching that. Humor is fun, but well Gintama isn 't quite my style of humor i guess.

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda
Yes who watches anime? I do
What kinda anime do you like? A slice of life, romantic
Which anime have you watched or are you currently watching? Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star.

Yeah, Lucky Star is pretty awesome (just check out my avatar). I really like the opening theme and the show is hilarious, if a little weird at times.

I watched a lot of anime when I was younger, but now, not so much. Besides Pokemon (which everyone has seen), I have tuned into Digimon, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Cardcaptors, Zoids Chaotic Century, Sonic X, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. Of course, these were all dubs.

I've also been watching Zoids again occasionally. It's not bad, especially now that I'm old enough to understand it properly.

Yes who watches anime?
What kinda anime do you like?
Which anime have you watched or are you currently watching?

Discuss these kinda things here. :D

I've watched DBZ, Inuyasha, and some other crappy animes. The be honest, anime sucks. DBZ and some of Inuyasha are the only two I've liked. People have suggested others before and I've tried watching them on YouTube, but I just can't get past the crap within. I will stick to good ole, mind rotting, violent American cartoons.

FYI - Spongebob > Anime

T

Typhingblade

...Hmmm...

The anime i am currently watching is...
Death note
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Inuyasha (Repeats)

i'm also reading the naruto shippuden manga...:)

Anime is the one reason I don't watch cartoons anymore, much more detailed art and better animation, also, more plot (please don't take offense if you do watch it, I still love Simpsons and Family Guy, and maybe others too xD) The other being that I grew out of it.

But I love anime, especially magic girl and fantasy. My favorite one is Sailor Moon, I even like the English dub (zomg!). :-D
To be honest, some of the really old cartoons had animation superior to any modern animation, including anime.

Especially Disney, but not only them.

I agree. Some scenes in cartoons like Ren and Stimpy and Sponge Bob have many times more detail than anime does, for example in the close up still scenes.

I still find cartoons more interesting and entertaining than anime, only because they don't follow a set boring storyline; you get a variety of plots.

linkman8

True and Noble
I agree. Some scenes in cartoons like Ren and Stimpy and Sponge Bob have many times more detail than anime does, for example in the close up still scenes.

I still find cartoons more interesting and entertaining than anime, only because they don't follow a set boring storyline; you get a variety of plots.
Well that sounds more like a generalization. Not all anime is alike. It's like regular TV, there's lots of different kinds of shows, so I'm positive that if you wanted many different plots (or even a very loose plot) you could find it in certain shows.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Well that sounds more like a generalization. Not all anime is alike. It's like regular TV, there's lots of different kinds of shows, so I'm positive that if you wanted many different plots (or even a very loose plot) you could find it in certain shows.

I agree with you linkman8.

So, i just finished Kaiji
Damn this is quite a rare genre.

Currently watching Moribito.
A historical-fictional anime, i love these kinda genres.

linkman8

True and Noble
I finished the OVA for Lucky Star a while back, thought I'd mention that. :)
I'm thinking about starting Toradora next. It's got Rie Kugimiya (seiyuu) in it as the main female lead, and she's always a good voice actor, so I thought about watching all of her shows, then watching all of Satoshi Hino's shows.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I finished the OVA for Lucky Star a while back, thought I'd mention that. :)
I'm thinking about starting Toradora next. It's got Rie Kugimiya (seiyuu) in it as the main female lead, and she's always a good voice actor, so I thought about watching all of her shows, then watching all of Satoshi Hino's shows.

Yes i was also planning to watch that one later.
But i have to wait for that a little, because it an ongoing anime.
It has currently 17 episodes out of 25 episodes.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Full Metal Alchemist?

I saw the first episode of this show today. I didnt understand it at first but my english is getting really good so I understood what they were saying.

The story is different but I kind of liked it. Ed is funny and I love the anime art. I did notice the mouths dont always go with what the characters are saying but I think it makes kind of different in a good way.

So what does everyone else think? What is your favorite episodes. Is there really good episodes I should see?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The show is a filler, but it is the best filler ever, and yes, ED is awesome:)
I like it, but i don't always see it, cause it is aired at the 9 in the morning and repeats at dinner time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom