• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are the Top 3 Most Overrated Games of All Time?

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
3. Grand theft Manual
2. Gaylo.
1. Fool of Duty

Both overrated, are mindless shooters and melt the brains of children my age. Regardless that my dad let me play it when I was 3 for some reason.

Big Octo

=^)
Why does everyone hate shooters and FPs sp much? If you play them right, they're pretty good games. Whatever, just opinion.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
3. Grand Theft Auto
2. Halo
1. Call of Duty

Both overrated, are mindless shooters and melt the brains of children my age. Regardless that my dad let me play it when I was 3 for some reason.
Dude, they aren't mindless. In CoD, for example, there are clear objectives: Eliminate the Enemy Team for Points (FFA, Team Deathmatch among others), Capture the Objectives for points (Domination // Capture the Flag). It's the same thing as Super Mario (get to the end of the stage for the 2D games), Zelda (advance the story and face the final confrontation with your greatest enemy), and even Pokemon (Catch 'Em All and become THE Pokemon Master). If you were to play them and look at the shooters in a different light, I'm sure you'd change your mind.

Nevertheless, it IS your opinion so I'll leave you to that.

Big Octo

=^)
Dude, they aren't mindless. In CoD, for example, there are clear objectives: Eliminate the Enemy Team for Points (FFA, Team Deathmatch among others), Capture the Objectives for points (Domination // Capture the Flag). It's the same thing as Super Mario (get to the end of the stage for the 2D games), Zelda (advance the story and face the final confrontation with your greatest enemy), and even Pokemon (Catch 'Em All and become THE Pokemon Master). If you were to play them and look at the shooters in a different light, I'm sure you'd change your mind.

Nevertheless, it IS your opinion so I'll leave you to that.
What he said. At least try it, see why people like it. Some people are reluctant to try them because they regard them as "mindless shooting."

The highest (and therefore, overrated because at least half of the scores it gets are exaggerated) rated games I can think of are
  1. Zelda:Ocarina of Time
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (soon to be MW3, and Black Ops, CoD fans don't know what they're doing)
  3. Halo:CE
Have a problem with this list? Let me see yours! Oh and please, explain why you put it as overrated. Remember that overrated means excessive high scores with little to no explanation. For example, OoT regularly gets the "perfect game" comment from nearly everyone. And I mean, the game deserves that because anytime someone says a negative comment about OoT, they say something completely asinine like "That game sucked, I lieked TP moar" which doesn't make sense at all because TP is almost a completely OoT carbon copy in many respects >.>

lol Your Missing Final Fantasy 7, Its a great game but I don't think it needs all the attention.

K

Kirikaiten

1. Any sports game consisting of the 3 letter acronym of Nba, Nfl, Nhl ..i think you getthe point, Pretty much to me it just seems like its the same game every year, minus some improvements in gameplay, but with different names , and maybe announcers.

2. Street Fighter..yes i dared say it, To me Kof has always been much better( except for 12 it was a letdown) and consisting of a much more diverse set of characters( not saying others dont have clones..but they dont make 4 of the exact same character), Ill admit SF4 , and its many different forms have made it a little better , but justthe fact youve the 4 shoto clones, not counting Gouken, Evil Ryu and Oni, there are pretty much clones of each characters sprused up a bit ..that and personally to me releasing over 30+ plus games and they just now made it to the Technical number 4 , after what seems like 30 years seems rather..you know lazy? Where as other great fighting games exsist such As the Late Guilty Gear, Mark of the wolves, King of Fighters, Power Instinct: Matrimelee, BlazBlue.. heck even Virtua fighter. To me its overrated for the fact it casts huge shadows on other fighting games when ..yeah they may have copied or used the same formula ..but made it much better.

3. And lastly..i really dont have a game to pick on , but more like a small issue within a genre, i enjoy all , including Fps , i just happen to miss the days of offline multiplayer where you had bot opponents to where, if you had no one to play with that you ..you had some sorta enjoyment from beating the campaign , Like in perfect darks case , you had nearly ..30 different lvls of bots to choose from , from the Perfect sim who dont miss, or the lousy ..Meat sim? I dont remember but just the whole not feeling left out. Newer shooters you do , especially when your not able to connect online or something , it makes the offline player feel alienated, or at least it does myself.

Thats more of a complaint then about overrated games, but then again whats the definition of being overrated? Im sure its different from person to person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
My top 3 list?

3> CoD/Halo: I have played Halo and CoD, but every new game is the same, but with slightly different guns and what-not. Don't get me wrong, I quite like FPS even if I'm not too good at them, they just have way too much hype and stuff and the gameplay is pretty much identicle. Also, like has been said before, the fanbases are all like "CoD rocks and you play Zelda games so you're gaaaaaay! Even though they are among the best games ever, you don't go around shooting people in the face so that makes it rubbish!

2> Fifa: I hate football and I've had my own fair share of football games. They're all the same, but with slightly better A.I and different teams.

1> Mario Galaxy: Both 1 & 2 are great games, but they do get repetitive. We got SMG2 for christmas last year and loved it, but all you did when you break it down is run, launch, jump, stomp, kill, win...

I didn't put OoT on there because I think it deserves the hype and is an awesome game!

1: Any game with a large base of hyped, closed-minded fanboys.

2: Super mario galaxy 2. It is a good game that will provide a solid experience, but if you try to analyze it then it becomes apparent that much of it is much cheaper than the first game. Take for example the music: Most tracks in SMG2 are based on a single "A-A-B" loop with an intro, while the original SMG had more complex compositions and longer tunes. Another point is the feel of the game. The original SMG felt more unified and solid as a game, while SMG2 focused more on the "Yeeeeeeyyyyy-omgsequel!!!!!" feeling. I feel the game was rated 10/10 by IGN because Nintendo for once gave the players exactly what they were asking for, rather than a serious and top-quality game.

3: Ocarina of Time. It is an excellent game and it was groundbreaking for it's time, but it's not as unique as many people think. In fact, it's surprising how much they actually took from the earlier ALttP. I mean, the main plot and story is mostly similar (3 items, the master sword, a dark version of the world, seven sages, defeating ganon), much of the game mechanics are similar (items, minigames, secrets, etc.), the map is very similar in geography, several tracks of the background music are similar, and both games approach the adventure aspect quite similarly. Heck; even the cover-designs of the boxes are remarkably similar. However, the two games main difference is the overall experience. Allthough OoT got 10/10 on IGN, it's detailed score only yields 48/50. The GBA remake of ALttP also got 48/50, but ended up with an overall rating of 9.7/10. This suggests that IGN at the time of the release of OoT aimed mostly for integer overall scores, and if such was the case today, a lot of the >9.5 rated games would have gotten a clear overall score of 10 too.

1. Final Fantasy 7. I know plenty of people who claim to LOVE the FF games... and they only played Final Fantasy 7. I tried to convince them that there were other FF games that were better than 7(like 4 or 6), but they punched me in the face for not liking Final Fantasy 7 the best.

2. Call of Duty: Black Ops. When I first heard of this game, I was kinda excited. But after I realized that all CoD games past CoD 4 were the same game with different graphics, guns, and singleplayer modes, I traded it back in to Gamestop while I had to listen to all my friends at school tell me how it's the best game ever made.

3. LoZ: OoT. Yeah, I think that OoT is overrated. It is my favorite Zelda game, but it wasn't to original. It was an amazing game, but it hasn't aged well in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom