• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The Lost OoT Temples, What Were They Like?

The cut content from OoT always fascinated me. From the Unicorn Fountain, to the Triforce, to the lost areas. But the cut Temples were the most intriguing for me. Here is a list of Temples that are known:

Wind Temple: The fans were reused in the Shadow Temple and the Forest area of Ganon's castle. Likely replaced with Forest Temple.
Ice Temple: Replaced with Water Temple and Ice Cavern.
Light Temple: Cut completely but the Sage and the Medallion were left. Also had an area in Ganon's Castle. Chamber of Sages was an Area also.

I also heard someplace that The Fire Temple/Medallion was going to be the Flare Medallion/Temple, but saner minds prevailed. :P
There was also the Skulltula Temple mentioned on the front page a while ago.

I always thought the Wind Temple to be a foggy outdoors kind of place , The Ice Temple to be like The Ice Cavern, and the Light Temple be someplace in the sky(with a miniboss battle in the Chamber of Sages! :D )

So, what do you think these Temples would be like? What would the atmosphere be like, the Music sound like, the Boss and Item be?

Discuss!

zeldafan100

DarkLink98
Well first off i remember they cut the fire temple music because it had some sort of chanting that was copyrighted i don't remember but if you have herd of it you might know I've always wanted to know more about that and why they cut it.

It reminds me of the pokemon red and green story of all the children having whatever they had done to them reminds me of this in why they don't give much info on what or why they took it off.

But back on track i never knew there were lost or cut temples in oot I never had herd of them i'm gonna research some about
them and why they were cut so ill post a different response after I research and it might take a while because i'm going to
comic-con in Chicago on Sat. the 13th sorry about that.

And that is what i think about the cut temples or anything else about that and feel free to ask me some more questions about
this.

Well first off i remember they cut the fire temple music because it had some sort of chanting that was copyrighted i don't remember but if you have herd of it you might know I've always wanted to know more about that and why they cut it.
The old fire temple music had islamic chanting, which some Muslums didn't like, so the changed it. This music was only on the gold cartreges. Many things are only on gold carts, namely gliches(such as getting in to gerudo valley as a kid, apparently therrs an extra heart peice there) but the mirror sheild symbol and the symbols on blocks , etc. Was origionally the muslum star and moon, which was also removed in the grey carts and later so as to not offend muslims.
Gold carts were given to people who preordered OoT and are somewhat rare.

BombchuPwns!

MAKE PASTA NOT WAR
Yeah, Caleb said in his ocarina of time walkthrough that the goblin head fans were the last renemants of the wind temple, I'm right with ya. :)

T

thefourthsword

all i can say is the gold mittens/gauntlets would be in the light temple

MW7

all i can say is the gold mittens/gauntlets would be in the light temple

I'm not saying that wouldn't make sense or that my idea was ever planned, but I always imagined that the light temple would be the first adult temple accessed when you pull the master sword and you would get the hookshot in it. Then the Dampe race would just be for a piece of heart.

I'm not saying that wouldn't make sense or that my idea was ever planned, but I always imagined that the light temple would be the first adult temple accessed when you pull the master sword and you would get the hookshot in it. Then the Dampe race would just be for a piece of heart.
Or maybe it was last and you would get the light arrows.

Where do y'all think the cut temples would be, if they had kept them in?

Maybe the entrance to the Wind Temple could be somewhere in the windmill...I dunno, just thinking out loud.

Big Octo

=^)
The first temple designed was an exact 3D replica of the first dungeon, Eagle Labyrinth, from the first Zelda. Also, there was going to be a Skulltala temple that tied in with Goldan Skulltalas. Did anyone else mention that the Fire Temple was originally going to be Turtle Rock?

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
Where do y'all think the cut temples would be, if they had kept them in?

Maybe the entrance to the Wind Temple could be somewhere in the windmill...I dunno, just thinking out loud.

if they had done that then guru guru could've been the wind sage :lol: not sure about the ice sage, malon maybe? that makes no sense but only person could think of who's significant.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
From what I have seen in the Nintendo Power pages that Mases posted, Ocarina of Time looked TOTALLY different until the very last months of coverage. It looked a lot darker like A Link to the Past and a lot less creative in terms of enemies. I don't know what spurred Nintendo to totally change the layout of the game and make the colours lighter. The cut dungeons probably just didn't fit the game and Nintendo took them apart and added them to the known dungeons of the game. Eagle's Labyrinth was actually just a test demo for combat and obviously didn't make it into the game :P.

The wind temple would've been pretty damn cool, but eventually Nintendo took that idea and implemented it into Twilight Princess in the Temple in the Sky where you see a lot of wind elements. The Light Temple would've been a really cool area to explore and it would've been nice if Nintendo added it to OoT 3D; but we do see the the Light Temple once again in Twilight Princess as the Temple of Time dungeon. You see the Light Medallion symbol a lot in that dungeon so it would only seem right to assume that the Temple of Time is the Light Temple. the Ice Temple is pretty much the Ice Cavern which was cut quite a bit I guess. I say this because it has that Zelda64 vibe to it that you would see in the very first pictures of the game.

So really Nintendo didn't really cut these ideas totally, but implemented them in other games. :)

Hmm I don't know about that, but a Team of Hackers are working on a ura mod for OOT Roms if your in to that kinda thing, and they are basically putting in the Wind and Ice temple, as well as the Long forgotten Wood Temple. He might put in the Skulltula temple too.

Here is the link to it. I think he is finding left over rooms from the Fabled temples as well as finishing them.

http://www.the-gcn.com/uraproject.php

From what I have seen in the Nintendo Power pages that Mases posted, Ocarina of Time looked TOTALLY different until the very last months of coverage. It looked a lot darker like A Link to the Past and a lot less creative in terms of enemies. I don't know what spurred Nintendo to totally change the layout of the game and make the colours lighter. The cut dungeons probably just didn't fit the game and Nintendo took them apart and added them to the known dungeons of the game. Eagle's Labyrinth was actually just a test demo for combat and obviously didn't make it into the game :P.

The wind temple would've been pretty damn cool, but eventually Nintendo took that idea and implemented it into Twilight Princess in the Temple in the Sky where you see a lot of wind elements. The Light Temple would've been a really cool area to explore and it would've been nice if Nintendo added it to OoT 3D; but we do see the the Light Temple once again in Twilight Princess as the Temple of Time dungeon. You see the Light Medallion symbol a lot in that dungeon so it would only seem right to assume that the Temple of Time is the Light Temple. the Ice Temple is pretty much the Ice Cavern which was cut quite a bit I guess. I say this because it has that Zelda64 vibe to it that you would see in the very first pictures of the game.

So really Nintendo didn't really cut these ideas totally, but implemented them in other games. :)

thats zelda 64 beta
as for the temples the ice and light were going to have white and yellow tunics. the temples were cut from OoT but were going to be included in ura zelda for the n64dd which failed. :(
and for the unicorn fountain you would get the triforce and sword beam from the blue fairy

Wood Temple? Never heard of that one. Seems interesting. Probobly was the predecessor to the wind/forest temple.
This project also looks interesting. I wonder what mapping program they used?

So I watched some videos about beta OoT, and here what happened;
OoT was orgionally going to be on this 64DD, but I got moved to the cart format. But, they wete going to release an expantion called ura Zelda, which gave new temples, side quest, and even a new part of the story!

But, then DD got scrapped and so did Ura. But get this; If you boot up OoT an a 64 with a DD attached, then the opening logo will be blue, and say (in japanese) Ocarina of Time: Ura , followed by a triforce. And on the file select, it even asks for Ura Zelda!
The Ura Zelda disk does exist, most likly, with all the lost temples and quests on it, and all one would need to play it is OoT, a64 with a DD and Ura!
Nintendo should defenatily realese Ura. They released Master Quest to try to shut the fans up(Ura also featered remixed dungeons) but obviously that didnt work.

The cut content from OoT always fascinated me. From the Unicorn Fountain, to the Triforce, to the lost areas. But the cut Temples were the most intriguing for me. Here is a list of Temples that are known:

Wind Temple: The fans were reused in the Shadow Temple and the Forest area of Ganon's castle. Likely replaced with Forest Temple.
Ice Temple: Replaced with Water Temple and Ice Cavern.
Light Temple: Cut completely but the Sage and the Medallion were left. Also had an area in Ganon's Castle. Chamber of Sages was an Area also.

I also heard someplace that The Fire Temple/Medallion was going to be the Flare Medallion/Temple, but saner minds prevailed. :P
There was also the Skulltula Temple mentioned on the front page a while ago.

I always thought the Wind Temple to be a foggy outdoors kind of place , The Ice Temple to be like The Ice Cavern, and the Light Temple be someplace in the sky(with a miniboss battle in the Chamber of Sages! :D )

So, what do you think these Temples would be like? What would the atmosphere be like, the Music sound like, the Boss and Item be?

Discuss!

There was also the Wood Temple, But thats Been Long forgotten I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom