• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask What's So Great About Majoras Mask? (Just Wondering)

LordKorloros

Jared Moore
The game is wonderful and wierd, it has a dark storyline, generaly hard to beat, the enemies are cool and so are the bosses and weapons

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
I like it best because of the side-quests. I love allowing myself to get distracted from the main quest and Majora's Mask makes it easy for me to do that and not really be wasting time.
I also like the time limit. It helps give the feeling of 'the world is about to end', which few other games have been able to sell.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
The million masks from the side quests! The story is awesome, it's easily the darkest of the Zeldas, and it's just cool!

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I've just been playing it since I posted. I am addicted to it O.O Collected a few masks, got heart piecs, onto the first temple w00t.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Personally equal to OoT for me. I and most everyone else loved it because it was so dark in an eerie and childish sort of way. Definitley the most unique of the Zelda games and the one that strayed the most from the standad " basic Zelda story" It had rich charecter, an amazing villai, and the reason so many people are pushing for the remake is because they know Nintendo will ever make anything like it again.

Garo

Boy Wonder
- Deep characterization on even small, bit parts that only play a part in a single sidequest.
- Incredibly innovative central gameplay conceit involving a three-day cycle of NPC actions that are influenced each cycle by your actions within the cycle, allowing for branched sidequests
- Sprawling dungeon design featuring some of the best dungeons the series has even seen (Stone Tower Temple especially)
- Highly atmospheric
- Subtle storytelling that conveys a darker than usual story
- A wealth of new items in the form of masks
- New puzzle-solving mechanics through the three transformations masks.
- LOTS of sidequests

C

Caleb, Of Asui

The side-quests basically make Majora's Mask, along with the time system and how everything fits into that. Majora's Mask is just about the best example of a game that uses gameplay effectively to tell a story, and I'm all into the concept that video games are an effective form of storytelling. They way the NPCs are all individual characters and their actions and dialogue flow with the three-day system to add detail to Clock Town and Termina and to really bring that world to life. Majora's Mask's cast of characters couldn't all fit in so beautifully to the story if it were told in any other format. I would compare it to the Majora's Mask manga adaptation, but it's been so long since I've read it that my memory of it is kind of hazy. If I remember correctly, they do try to fit in a lot of the characters, but it can't and doesn't all fall into place quite as nicely as it does in the game.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
What's so great about it? WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT IT? The story is incredible, deep, and touching. The characters are colorful, unique, and intersting. The puzzles are challenging, innovative, and satisfying. The bosses are each tough and epic in ther own way. The game is filled with great sidequests I even replay many times even after completing them. And the replay value is exceptional. I'd play MM as much as OoT, if I didn't have the trippy gamecube version that crashes a lot. MM is one of the greastest Zelda games of all time. So ask yourself again, "What's so great about it?" Answer: EVERYTHING.

Mickaroo

Call me Micky
MM is definitely my favorite Zelda. I love the sort of dark twist that it has, and the sense of urgency you get with the time limit is incredible. I loved collecting all the masks and exploring throughout this new world of Termina. It had great music too. I've played it more than any of my other games : D

I'd have to agree with Azure Sage: Everything!!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The greatest thing about MM is that it's story is twisted and fleshed out. You get connected with the characters even though they were passerbys in OoT. I don't mean you as in Link, I mean you as in the player. It's crazy how the game does that to people, but it actually happens.
The gameplay isn't that different from OoT, but the Ocarina of Time takes on a whole new role where you have to escape insanity's depths (meaning death by a moon...) within 3 days. Repeatedly. MM just connects people to Termina in a way that OoT just didn't do, and it makes the game frightening and epic at the same time!

M

Medix

Everything. In Majora's Mask you feel like you're part of Termina's world. Every character react to your actions, has a personal story and his own personality. All dungeons are awesome, especially Stone Tower Temple and Great Bay Temple, and all the sidequests are unique in their own way. I replay Majora's Mask a lot, and I never get tired of completing it at 100% everytime.
And the OST, also the musics are among the most inspired I ever heard. When there's Last End played, I feel really sad for Termina. And it's just one example, I could continue for hours, like with Cremia's hug. The feelings Majora's Mask give to the player are... Just the best. And that's why for me Majora's Mask is superior to Ocarina of Time.
Now excuse me, but Kafei is waiting for me.

Mikepoke101

Just Chilling.
The first Zelda game that not only left me satisfied to beat, but emotionally changed me. The events that happen and the connection you get form the people in the game truly leave you not only happy that you beat the game, but happy about the memories that will be left with you for years to come. I haven't played MM in over a year but the memories stay crystal clear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom