• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Spider-man Trailer

I am curious to what everybody thinks about the trailer for the Spider-man reboot. Here is the trailer.

I think they are trying to go the Batman Begins route with this film by creating a darker, more realistic version of Spidey. The Raimi films were entertaining, but they were cheesy at the same time, and I think this film will raise the bar.

What are your thoughts?

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I've seen the way Spiderman was created. In the original comic series, I've seen it. It's nothing like him being a rebellious teenager and sneaking off into a top secret lab, only to get infected.
A rebellious teenager wouldn't be a superhero given powers, he would become a criminal most likely, and a renegade at best. The story arcs are all wrong.

I'm all for creative adaptation of a story to suit your own ends, but don't change the origins of said story. When they change the beginning, the middle, and the end, it is just annoying that they get away with slapping a label like "Spiderman" on it, which the original creators worked so hard to establish and now they're turning it upside down for their own purposes.

What's with the un-originality in "Hollywood" nowadays? They would have been better off creating their own, unique story instead of breaking that of Spiderman for themselves.

Also, the camera angles in the trailer when he's climbing around the buildings and stuff... completely ********, doesn't even look slightly realistic.

All that being said, it looks like a not-completely-horrible movie, I just hate the way they have to try to make the next buck with this movie. I won't be going to see it, I'll tell you that.

I've seen the way Spiderman was created. In the original comic series, I've seen it. It's nothing like him being a rebellious teenager and sneaking off into a top secret lab, only to get infected.
A rebellious teenager wouldn't be a superhero given powers, he would become a criminal most likely, and a renegade at best. The story arcs are all wrong.
I agree, but Peter didn't seem at all 'rebellious' to me. A darker version does not mean he has to be rebellious.

I think it is way to early to be making a reboot. good idea just not right now.
I would be inclined to agree with you, but Sony has to keep making Spider-man films or else they lose the rights to the film franchise. Regardless, I still think the new Spidey film will be better than Raimi's films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom