• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim Confused for a Female!

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
So, after getting my latest issue of GameInformer (and watching the latest mailbag), i came across the Skyward Sword review. In it is this:
GameInformer said:
Taking on a boss character is my last task. A ghostly, skinny female approaches Link, and I notice her hand follows the location of my sword. When i try to strike, she catches blade between her fingers and knocks me back. After a couple failed attempts, I realize that I need to lure her hand to one location, then quickly alter my blade placement and slash before she can react. I start doing some damage with this method, so she changes tactics. She starts disappearing and throwing lines of five projectiles at me. These can be avoided by side-stepping, but it is also possible to send the projectiles back at her by matching their arrangement with a well-aimed swipe of Link's sword. I keep chipping away at her with various methods before finally taking her down, concluding one of the most unique boss fights in the series to date.

I mean, i get that Ghirahim looks very... different, but you can tell from his official artwork and even the screenshots they have on the page that he's a male. And, as Axle said, if you look closely you can realize he's male. o_O

Anyway, i thought i'd share with you the excerpt that includes GameInformer's mistake. Feel free to discuss the excerpt and whatnot.

Thanks!
~ZH

Just proves that GameInformer isn't a reliable source for Zelda. Or that Ghirahim is more feminine than Link himself.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Well, on the one hand, this review does reinforce the importance of Wii Motion Plus in SS, noting how the position of the sword must be used to Link's advantage to get the upper hand. On the other hand, I found it nearly impossible to pay attention to the actual review with all the blatantly incorrect gender pronouns. Given the fact that the reviewer obviously played the demo, I am shocked that they missed both the blatant male voice used for Ghirahim's pre-battle monologue AND the fact that despite his slightly feminine physique, he CLEARLY lacks the female body structure.

The humor of it all did make my night though, thank you for sharing that with us XD

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Ghirahim has visible abdominals and no breasts in skin-tight clothing, to confuse him for a female when it's already confirmed he's male is just...

Lord Ghirahim a female? Wow, I can't believe how the writer from a gaming website, who's job is to give info on games -- in this case, Zelda -- to the best of their ability -- thought Lord Ghirahim was a female! I sure hope this was BEFORE Lord Ghirahim was shown prominently in the combat demo and clearly confirmed by Word of God to be MALE... It was quite humorous, though, to say the least! :xd:

S

Skyward Sword

lol that's funny hopefully they made this review before they announced he was male lol

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They try to be funny over at that website. I doubt they actually believed he was a lady, I think they are just having a joke.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
They try to be funny over at that website. I doubt they actually believed he was a lady, I think they are just having a joke.
I don't think so... Axle said the same thing in the mailbag, but i don't think they were joking. I mean, they wouldn't have called him a female so many times if they were joking. And they would make it clear that they were joking.

Teal

Useful Help.
I don't think so... Axle said the same thing in the mailbag, but i don't think they were joking. I mean, they wouldn't have called him a female so many times if they were joking. And they would make it clear that they were joking.
Yes that is very true i think that people confuse him as a female witch i see will be a common mistake in the future let's just hope we don't see it much.

Teal

Well I don't know alot about Girahim and I know he's a male. When has the series had a female antagonist. Let me list all I can. Vaati, Ganon/dorf, Nightmare, Majora's Mask (unknown gender), and Zant. Majora's Mask is still trying to be figured out so it's an exception.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ghirahim IS a Guy...right?

This is likely old news as I get all of my gaming magazines late, but in a recent Game Informer, the article constantly and consistently says that Ghirahim is a female, a she, her, whatever. It couldn't have been a typo because it never says "he", only ever the feminine version of the noun. I just want to know that Ghira is a guy, not a girl. (He'd have to be, Demon LORD?)

Ganondork

goo
Yes, Ghirahim is in fact male. I was considering making a thread about that too, but decided not to. Game Informer doesn't seem to do all of their homework before making a review, sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom