• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Zelda have Voice Actors?

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I just skimmed through this, and I agree with whoever said that perhaps voices could work for the minor NPCs, but for the major characters, voices would just ruin it. Voices work in some games, and in others they really don't. It's hard to say until the game is out and you are playing it.

N

Nemesis

No way, it would be too weird if it goes from Link who can't talk to a Link who have a voice actor

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
thats a good idea aboutt link because i am not about to spoil all the zelda games iv played where link DOES NOT talk, by adding one game where he does. so phew, glad im not alone on that one :p but yea its a good idea like when they have a long part in the game where its just like reading a novel, to add a voice. But it depends on what the voice sounds like..i dont want some high pitch squeak to be chatting it up while im trying to beat the game :p

M

madslayer333

I would say no because It would cost nintendo more money and that it would take longer to make a new game because they would have to search for good voice actors. And Shiguru wants to make you imagine how their voices would sound.

Z

ZeroJinKui

nah, they shouldnt go any further with VA than they have, the groans, grunts, gasps, screams, etc...

thats all we need, besides, it allows us to use our imaginations more and decide for ourselves how well and with what accent, etc.. the characters speak.

its perfect the way it is, no need for full-on voice acting.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I wouldn't mind voice actors in zelda games, but only the minor characters would have a voice and Link says nothing. I would make it a bit like the first Jak and Daxter game. Everyone talked except Jak (the main character) and Daxter (sidekick) did all the talking for him which led to a lot of funny scenes where daxter is talking non-sense and Jak is rolling his eyes because he's annoyed. I don't see a disaster like the CD-I games happening simply because Nintendo has a budget and enough time to create good zelda games.

I've heard that Miyamoto (is that how u spell his name?) wanted players to pretend to say what link is saying, so he didn't want voices

sorry if my explanation is bad

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Well, thats why there's no text for Link, but there is plenty of text for all the other characters in the game.

And keep in mind, for those that don't want any voice acting, that Nintendo could put in an option to turn the VA off.

A

Alkarius

No, Voice actors is a bad idea. What if you name Link something crazy? How is this voice actor going to pronounce it? Or, Miyamoto could just take away the freedom of letting you choose your own name. I wouldn't mind VA's, but who are we going to get to do Link's voice? The cast will most likeley be all Japanese, so we won't really understand them.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I think they should give it a try, it worked pretty well with metroid prime 3, and it could work with Zelda as long as they kept Link silent

No way should voice actors be used. The voices woukld never fit everyones imaginated versions of them..it might put people off.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
No, Voice actors is a bad idea. What if you name Link something crazy? How is this voice actor going to pronounce it? Or, Miyamoto could just take away the freedom of letting you choose your own name. I wouldn't mind VA's, but who are we going to get to do Link's voice? The cast will most likeley be all Japanese, so we won't really understand them.

Well, first of all, if they are going to do voice acting, they would get an english speaking cast for the NA release, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Secondly, all of us agreed that nobody would voice Link. He would remain silent as always. And I think Nintendo would agree with us on that.

Finally, they would write the script so the name would never be spoken. For example, when Link gives a character his name, they could just say "Thats an unusual name." and move on from there. Other games have done that before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom