• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Controller?

Which wins?

• Xbox 360 Controller

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3 Controller

• Wii Remote

• Gamecube Controller

• Classic Controller (VC)

• Xbox Controller

• Nintendo 64 Controller

• Total voters
Although it seems like most people don't like the Xbox 360 controller, I have to say that I do. It fits perfectly into your hand, the buttons are all easily reachable and in convenient locations.

I will give props to the wavebird controller though, that thing is awesome.

Judging by my lack of experience I would say nintendo 64. The buttongs were fairly conveiniently placed, but the few times i went on an xbox It was hard. And playstation controllers...ugh. Whats the point of 2 joysticks, and those other buttons don't make sense. Square, circle, trianle, and X....why? It's didicult to use and jerky.

owenshev

Nayru hates me :(
Gamecube for me. It's very easy to hold, has all the main buttons around the A button and i've had a Gamecube since I was 8 and it's been with me ever since. ^^

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
the design of the n64 contoller is awsome.

but my vote goes to the GC controller.
Its just a contoller that fits good in your hands and its relaxing and easy.

Gamecube. I really like the feel and how you can reach all buttons easily.

I might've said PS3 but in some games you have to use the left analog stick while using the left D-pad, so you have to move your fore-finger akwardly.

Wii is good but I don't like the 1 and 2 buttons.

And N64 is good but at first I always held it at both ends. Not one in the middle.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
I like the GC controllers. I haven'd seen all of the controllers on that list, but out of all the ines I HAVE seen, I would say probably the GC controller.

A

Alkarius

Wiimote for the win! So interactive, and fun! I like swinging it around like a sword in TP. Most likely the best controller in the history of gaming.

I would say either N64 controller or Game Cube. The Game Cube controller was very comfortable and worked quite well, easy to use. Still, I really liked the design of the N64 controller, in the sense that one could choose to hold it from one side or the other, and the placement of the Z button and Joystick.

The Wii remote I also found to be a great controller, it was intuitive and fun to use, I enjoyed be able to fight enemies by actually mimicking the motion to attack.

The Gamecube controller is easily the best, with the N64 coming a close second. Nintendo has always been the best IMO in creating ergonomically designed controllers. The Gamecube is so perfectly moulded to your hands that you can sometimes forget it's there.

Control scheme is also what the Gamecube does well. All the buttons are easy to reach and, for me, it's easier to remember the controls for a new game on GC controllers. The only small problem is the L and R buttons. Sometimes, when you need to be quick, the analogue prevents you from doing so (e.g. in Smash when you need to block/dodge, although in Brawl you can reassign the buttons).

The N64 came second only because of the horribly designed control stick, which wears out easily and can hurt your thumb/palm (Mario Party ;)).

I also have a PS3, and the controllers aren't bad, but they feel very loose and they don't mould to your hands very well. Also, the control sticks have rounded edges, instead of the grooved ones on Nintendo controllers, making it harder to move in a straight line.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Right now. The 360 controller. It fits in my hands just right once I get used to it. But the N64 controller was perfect for the time. I feel the 2 controller sticks on the 360 are perfectly placed though ^^

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Playstation controllers. Or DualShock3 if you wanna be precise... I have always loved the layout of the playstation controllers and they always seem to fit perfectly. I was really shocked when the Sixaxis didn't come with rumble, but dualshock fixed that. On honorable secound place is GC, very similar to the PS3.

And a quick question to all that picked N64, what exactly is so appealing about the N64 controller? The whole trident is just so... stupid. No matter in which way you use the controller is two buttons completley useless and you wont touch nearly a half of the entire controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom