• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword's Rating

So far, what do you think SS's rating will be?

• EC for Early Childhood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E for Everyone

• E10+ for Everyone (10 and up)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • T for Teen

• M for Mature (17 and up)

• AO for Adults Only (18 and up)

• Total voters

IHNo

The Other Side
I am aware there are two other threads about this very subject, but they are little over a year old, so I figured unburying them would be nonsense. Anyways -

We've new footage and information about Skyward Sword, so I am curious as to what you all believe the rating might be this time around. I'm thinking maybe E10+, but mostly T. Ghirahim's disturbing dialogue and bloodthirst are aiming for T, in my opinion, but I'm not really sure what makes or breaks a rating. So far, the game seems very magical, but it's not without its....darkened moments. Then again we have yet to actually play the game. :P

Ghirahim actually scares me quite a bit. :S

I can almost assure you Skyward Sword will have a T-rating, given the content shown so far.

Oh and Lord Ghirahim's dialogue scared me as well. *shudders*

Also, "magical" E/E10-rating.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
AO for Adults Only: Contains strong language, partial nudity, disturbing images, violence, gore, blood.

Well, it will most likely rated Teen. But it was some kind of funny to vote for the AO rating because of it's absurdness ;)

IHNo

The Other Side
AO for Adults Only: Contains strong language, partial nudity, disturbing images, violence, gore, blood.

Well, it will most likely rated Teen. But it was some kind of funny to vote for the AO rating because of it's absurdness ;)

I thought that as I put AO down in the poll as an option; it definitely won't be that rating, but I figured, "Meh, why not?" XD

skybird11

state alchemist
nintendo tries to keep thier zelda games E rated and i think they learned thier mistake with TP so im saying E rating. probly not the best choice now that i think about it, its probly E 10+. oops, i already voted E

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
nintendo tries to keep thier zelda games E rated and i think they learned thier mistake with TP so im saying E rating. probly not the best choice now that i think about it, its probly E 10+. oops, i already voted E

If Spirit Tracks got an E10+ rating then Skyward Sword is likely to have a Teen rating. Plus you could do more with a Teen rating game then a E rated game.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
If Spirit Tracks got an E10+ rating then Skyward Sword is likely to have a Teen rating. Plus you could do more with a Teen rating game then a E rated game.

This is true. Seeing as how Spirit Tracks got an E10+, I can see how Skyward Sword could get a T rating, seeing as it's more graphical in it's fantasy violence/action. Plus the dialogue seems a tad bit heavier, even more than Twilight Princess. Of course, im referring to Ghirahim's lines from E3 that made me go "WOAH O_O".

So yeah, i'm sure it's for sure, going to be a T rating.

I thought that as I put AO down in the poll as an option; it definitely won't be that rating, but I figured, "Meh, why not?" XD
LOL

I would be abundant with joy if the game was AO. Imagine all the scenes you would find in that. Can I say Goron on Zora But I do think it will be T. The graphics are a little bit harsher than such as WW.

I'm thinking T because Nintendo wants to get the maxium sales of the game, if it's rated E10 than some will consider it a "kids" game and avoid it, and with the T rating, parents won't consider it too mature for their kids.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I think we'll get a different rating in Germany. Our rating system has 0, 6, 12, 16 and 18, that means you have to be that old to buy it. Zelda games here have been rated as follows: LttP/OoT/MM/WW/PH/ST: 6, TP: 12, LA/FS/FSA/TMC/OoX: 0. And from seeing the content we've already got, I'd say it'll be rated 6 again because I don't think it'll be darker as the 6-rated MM (with its very creepy scenes like fx the Gibdo guy and Majora himself) so a 12 rating is out of the question for me, therefore I voted E which is the nearest equivalent of 6. For the US I think it could also be E10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom