• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Koume and Kotake in SS?

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
After hearing some speculation and watching Axle's video on the News page, I'm starting to think Koume and Kotake will be in Skyward Sword. Didn't they say in Ocarina of Time that they were like 400 years old? That would make it possible for them to be around during that time. Plus, we've heard that some information about the origin of Ganondorf will be touched upon, and who better to reveal it than Ganondorf's mothers? They humored me greatly with their bickering in Ocarina of Time, and I'd like to see them back. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
U

UchihaMadara

I too think it would be cool if they made an appearance in SS. They were so great in OoT after all. :D

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
if i remember correctly, Koume and Kotake mention that "they'll be back to haunt you"... or something along those lines.... i get that SS comes before OoT. But, development-wise, SS comes WAY after OoT. and if i recall, i don't remember them "coming back" other than in MM, and they didn't haunt you, they actually helped you...
so yeah, there's a strong possibility...

S

Skyward__Sword

if i remember correctly, Koume and Kotake mention that "they'll be back to haunt you"... or something along those lines.... i get that SS comes before OoT. But, development-wise, SS comes WAY after OoT. and if i recall, i don't remember them "coming back" other than in MM, and they didn't haunt you, they actually helped you...
so yeah, there's a strong possibility...

Majora's mask was in an alternate dimension since they basically died in Ocarina of Time.
By the way they came back in the oracle games

Skyword_Sword

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
The witches in the Skyward Swords is very possible, if this is true would the Spirit Temple be in the game as well?

Whoa, I never considered that... It would make sense, but I doubt Nintendo would recycle a Temple, just because they are a huge part of the experience and to make players traverse through a familiar dungeon would be sort of ridiculous.

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
Whoa, I never considered that... It would make sense, but I doubt Nintendo would recycle a Temple, just because they are a huge part of the experience and to make players traverse through a familiar dungeon would be sort of ridiculous.

The witches did say that Spirit Temple belongs to them in Ocarina of Time. I'm just adding more possibilites that could be possible in this game if the witches are in the games. I agree it would be rediculous for something to be recycled temple.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
If tou defeat them in SS (assuming SS comes before OoT in the storyline) then how would they be there in OoT?
Of course, they are witches so they could do some crazy stuff with spells to come back or something but still.

Also, I doubt Nintendo would bring them back. The only recurring specific characters in the LoZ series are Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf (except in OoT and MM there are a lot of the same characters). They have sages in some of the games but they are a different group of sages every time.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
If tou defeat them in SS (assuming SS comes before OoT in the storyline) then how would they be there in OoT?
Of course, they are witches so they could do some crazy stuff with spells to come back or something but still.

Also, I doubt Nintendo would bring them back. The only recurring specific characters in the LoZ series are Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf (except in OoT and MM there are a lot of the same characters). They have sages in some of the games but they are a different group of sages every time.

Well we wouldn't necessarily have to fight them, they could just make an appearance to explain the back-story of Ganondorf. Or maybe we could fight them, and they would just be defeated, not killed. Plus, they are recurring characters. After Ocarina of Time, they appeared in Majora's Mask (even though it wasn't really them) and the Oracle games.

After hearing some speculation and watching Axel's video on the News page, I'm starting to think Koume and Kotake will be in Skyward Sword. Didn't they say in Ocarina of Time that they were like 400 years old? That would make it possible for them to be around during that time. Plus, we've heard that some information about the origin of Ganondorf will be touched upon, and who better to reveal it than Ganondorf's mothers? They humored me greatly with their bickering in Ocarina of Time, and I'd like to see them back. What do you guys think?
It's possible yeah. If Skyward Sword takes place about 400 years before Ocarina of Time, that could easily work. As for their bickering, I think it's very likely that if they do appear they probably won't be as humorous as they were before... unless they're children. But I imagine they'll be young women instead, and they'll probably behave somewhat like the single Twinrova combination, in how it was flirty. They'll probably flirty, scary women, I'd imagine.

Majora's mask was in an alternate dimension since they basically died in Ocarina of Time.
By the way they came back in the oracle games
Yeah, they were in the Oracle games, but its unclear how those connect to the timeline, so it's hard to say what it really means...

I don't see why they shouldn't recycle a dungeon if there's something they can do with it. Hyrule Castle's been a dungeon in three games, for example. The point is this... Just because an area had appeared in another game doesn't mean you can't reinvent it. They do this with the overworld constantly, in every Zelda game. There's no reason to say they can't do it with a dungeon, and seeing a classic area reinvented with a new game's themes could be awesome. Why would you think the dungeon would be the same if it reappeared?

Either way, the appearance of the Spirit Temple is POSSIBLE, even if I am more skeptical about that. Still, it could fit in with the mysterious stuff with the Goddess that was mentioned. Just a single goddess. I've proposed that each region has a single patron goddess. Perhaps there's more ones, or perhaps each one corresponds to one of the three. The Goddess of Sand... could she be Din? Din created the land after all. Anyway, we've seen a desert in Skyward Sword (which may or may not be where the Mogmas come from), so it's hard to say.

Skyward Sword is confirmed to come before Ocarina of Time in the timeline. It's a prequel, and they've confirmed that it will include many events that lead up to and reference things in Ocarina of Time. Also, just because they're defeated doesn't mean they're killed. Furthermore, just because they appear doesn't mean they have to be fought. I'd actually love it if Nintendo broke away from those boring norms and had characters who are involved in the story in less basic, predictable ways.

There are lots of recurring characters, particularly in games that have direct relations with each other. You're speaking of the series-wide guys who are in many, many games (of which there's still another: Tingle), but lots of other characters reappear in a number of ways for a number of reasons. Characters have appeared again in person, been referenced, or have had a new character who's related or shares the same name reappear. Just a few examples of characters who are any of the three:

Happy Mask Salesman: OoT, MM, OoX
Lord Jabu-Jabu: OoT, OoX, TWW
Deku Tree: OoT, OoX (Maku Tree), TWW
Phantom Ganon: OoT, TWW, FSA, TP
Zubora and Gabora (the Snowhead Blacksmiths): MM, TWW
Impa: LoZ, AoL, OoT, OoX, TP (Impaz)
Fishing Hole Guy: OoT, MM, TP

That's just off the top of my head. There's no reason to say a character can't reappear, for any reason, really. The reference to Zubora and Gabora in The Wind Waker, for example, was random, insane, didn't make sense, and came out of nowhere (Phantom Ganon's sword has their names written on it in Hylian). ANY character could reappear suddenly because of storyline importance, because the game's themes call for it, or just for fun or nostalgia.

Last edited:
W

wolfLink25

No, I dont think they will be in the game, they dont seem important enough. Also the master sword was said to be lock away in the temple for centuries, much more than 400 years

D

darklord21

i think we see them

maybe as kids but who know

imo if the area under skyloff is evil they sure to be there as they use dark magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom