• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's "LoftBird"

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
hey all,

so, what's the significance of Link's "LoftBird" in Skyward Sword. we already know (and if you don't read this article) that Link's bird is a very rare bird, hence the fact it's red. so, what could this mean? do you think the bird symbolizes anything? feel free to post your thoughts below...

let the discussion........... BEGIN!

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
loftbird? lol.

anyway, its already been confirmed that link gets bullied because of his special bird (like "how come you get a special bird?)
other than that i dont really know. maybe it will give him recgontion with other tribes or gain access to areas other birds could not reach? idk.

W

wolfLink25

Links bird

i have heard that his bird is the only one that can get to the land below the clouds which leads me to think that the goddesses (or goddess) gave him this bird because she knew that e would later need to go there to save zelda

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Hmmm...
I think its red because it eats too many waffles! :D

But to be more serious, its probably the leader of a colony of "loftbirds" or something like that, because the special colour could represent its the "Alpha Male". If not that then it fell into some red paint. I've got nothing else...

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
... because the special colour could represent its the "Alpha Male". If not that then it fell into some red paint. I've got nothing else...
it said it was red because it was rare. i believe Aonoma said that the bird came from the land below... but no one in SkyLoft knows that... :S i'm so confused, i don't remember...

Peeps1080

Not the marshmallow
There is a high probability this doesnt make sense, but... the bird's coloring reminded me of the King of Red Lions... Recurring theme? And, does that Old Man guy we've heard about send Link to save Zelda? If in the Wind Waker the King of Red Lions is the King of Hyrule, and to me the Old Man looks kinda like him, maybe the Old Man is also the bird! :S I just confused myself... Well it sounds cool but yeah, probably isn't true

H

Hucklebury

anyone else aware of the possible and mostlikely connection between the red loftbird and the red bird insignia on the hyllian/Hero's shield?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
anyone else aware of the possible and mostlikely connection between the red loftbird and the red bird insignia on the hyllian/Hero's shield?
i was waiting for someone to say that... ^^ you deserve a thumbs up: o3o---b

i was thinking the same thing, i mean they look the same. and, that would explain why on Zelda's outfit, there's the Hylian Symbol, but without the Triforce for the head. maybe it represents the LoftBirds...

Peeps1080

Not the marshmallow
Hey your right! :yes: If that symbol is all the way from Oot, it supports the theory that Hylians are Skyloft descendants. And it might also mean the creators of LoZ might have had everything planned since OoT, or before. But I'm getting off topic.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Since going to the land below has never been done before, the reason that Link is able to go down to Hyrule(?), I think, is because his bird is rare species unlike anyone else's. Because of this, I think he is able to drop down to the land below while no one else can because their birds aren't like Link's. The bird that goes with the insignia of the Royal family could definitely be Link's bird. The species we know, the Zora, and the Gorons could already exist, but have yet to be unified. Link could be responsible for this, and Skyloftians migrating down to Hyrule and becoming Hylians. The bird will play a giant role in this game, if it is important enough to go on the royal family crest.

I have a theorie on the bird and shield.
It seems like every Skyloftian has his own custom bird crest or insignia representing their birds.
This is seen with his classmates and the Rauru-guy, and even with Zelda.
The Hylian Shield has a red bird on it, resembling Link's bird.
This mean the first Hylian Shield was custom made for Link in SS,
with his own personal bird crest on it.
When Hyrule was founded, probably at the end of SS, this shield became the shield of the Knights
of Hyrule, the protectors of the Royal Family, based on SS's Link, the first Zelda's knight and protector.

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
MY TWO CENTS:

I think the goddess gifted Link with a special bird because he would need it to travel to Hyrule. I also think that the blue birds may not be able to, or perhaps the red bird is just stronger, but I believe the red bird has enough power to find the world below, more power than the regular blue birds. I also think that this bird is more important in the game, giving some origin to the Hylian shield.

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
It could also mean that Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword are connected with the Hyrulian Shield with the Red Bird image. If this is true that Skyward Sword is going to be one hell of a great game story-wise and connection to the red LoftBird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom