• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Oocca and the City in The Sky

Do you think there will be Ooccas in SS?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

master of loz

Sky Loft

Does anyone else see a connection between Sky loft and the Sky temple from Tp?

I personally think that The Sky temple could be the ruins of Sky Loft.

Give me your opinions.

As I've mentioned many times, the City in the Sky was built. Skyloft was once part of the land below. Therefore they can't be the same, or even related.

Some of this I can agree with you on. However, I think there's a possibility that they are related (that does not mean it has to be SUPER significant or anything). Exactly how they connect or relate can't really be determined as of now, since SS has not even been released...so yeah.

You must have an open mind in this case and remember that there are hundreds of scenarios to be considered in which we are hindered from narrowing down for the same reason mentioned above (bold). I also don't think that two significant sky landforms-one natural, one built-can both be there in the sky (though supposedly at different time periods) and not be even remotely related or connected somehow.

Not to say you're wrong, JJ; that would be hypocritical. :P

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Some of this I can agree with you on. However, I think there's a possibility that they are related (that does not mean it has to be SUPER significant or anything). Exactly how they connect or relate can't really be determined as of now, since SS has not even been released...so yeah.

You must have an open mind in this case and remember that there are hundreds of scenarios to be considered in which we are hindered from narrowing down for the same reason mentioned above (bold). I also don't think that two significant sky landforms-one natural, one built-can both be there in the sky (though supposedly at different time periods) and not be even remotely related or connected somehow.

Not to say you're wrong JJ; that would be hypocritical. :P

Yeah, I'll give you that one. Allow me to rephrase, then: It is very highly unlikely that they are related in any way.

I agree, Wolf Sage, that we don't know for sure, but you can start to predict what Nintendo will do by both their history and the current trends that are shaping with this game. I also do not think the City in the Sky will be related to Skyloft in this game. You say that you don't think that they're have two significant landforms in the sky and make them unrelated, but they already have. The Wind Tribe was totally unrelated to City in the Sky. I actually would expect a correlation between Skyloft and the Wind Tribe much, MUCH more than the City in the Sky, and in fact there's already a few intriguing similarities in a way, such as the tribal nature, and the fact that Skyloft used to be part of the land below.

Just speculating, but perhaps when the Skyloftians (and hypothetical Wind Tribe) return to Hyrule below and form the kingdom and royal family we're familiar with, some stay because they adapt to live in the clouds without the land mass that has now returns to Hyrule? Might be interesting to see what similarities crop up.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Just speculating, but perhaps when the Skyloftians (and hypothetical Wind Tribe) return to Hyrule below and form the kingdom and royal family we're familiar with, some stay because they adapt to live in the clouds without the land mass that has now returns to Hyrule? Might be interesting to see what similarities crop up.

The City in the Clouds (or whatever it's called) was once part of Hyrule? Really? I don't remember that... Anyway, I see what you're saying, but they were also literally living on the clouds. Skyloft is actual land. Just sayin', that's quite a difference.

The City in the Clouds (or whatever it's called) was once part of Hyrule? Really? I don't remember that... Anyway, I see what you're saying, but they were also literally living on the clouds. Skyloft is actual land. Just sayin', that's quite a difference.
I'm referring to the Wind Tribe, which lived in the Cloud Tops, not the City in the Sky, which is the Oocca. The Wind Tribe lived in the Wind Ruins and migrated to the Cloud Tops. That's kind of a vaguely similar story to Skyloft, so what I was suggesting was that when Skyloft merges back with the land below and a bunch of people go down, some of the Skyloftians - the Wind Tribe - stay behind and that's around the time they learn to walk on the clouds themselves? It's an interesting thought, at least. There are some heavy similarities in the stories of the Wind Tribe and the stories (well, that we've heard) about Skyloft. There are very few similarities between Skyloft and the City in the Sky though.

If anything, the City in the Sky will only appear in the game as another floaty island in the sky, but I don't think that it will actually relate to Skyloft culturally or historically. But I kind of don't want to see the Oocca again either way. :xd:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I'm referring to the Wind Tribe, which lived in the Cloud Tops, not the City in the Sky, which is the Oocca. The Wind Tribe lived in the Wind Ruins and migrated to the Cloud Tops. That's kind of a vaguely similar story to Skyloft, so what I was suggesting was that when Skyloft merges back with the land below and a bunch of people go down, some of the Skyloftians - the Wind Tribe - stay behind and that's around the time they learn to walk on the clouds themselves? It's an interesting thought, at least. There are some heavy similarities in the stories of the Wind Tribe and the stories (well, that we've heard) about Skyloft. There are very few similarities between Skyloft and the City in the Sky though.

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about the City in the Sky. I was talking about the Wind Tribe and where they live. Literally on the clouds. Like, they walked on the clouds. Skyloft isn't clouds. They also said they moved there because of Vaati. They also appear to be a completely different race. Their faces aren't incredibly human. Just sayin'. I can't prove that they're not related, but the evidence really seems stacked against it to me.

Yeah, I'll give you that one. Allow me to rephrase, then: It is very highly unlikely that they are related in any way.
:yes: That works! At least you agree that there's a small chance! :lol:

I agree, Wolf Sage, that we don't know for sure, but you can start to predict what Nintendo will do by both their history and the current trends that are shaping with this game. I also do not think the City in the Sky will be related to Skyloft in this game. You say that you don't think that they're have two significant landforms in the sky and make them unrelated, but they already have. The Wind Tribe was totally unrelated to City in the Sky. I actually would expect a correlation between Skyloft and the Wind Tribe much, MUCH more than the City in the Sky, and in fact there's already a few intriguing similarities in a way, such as the tribal nature, and the fact that Skyloft used to be part of the land below.

Hmmm! Verrry verry interesting. :dry::yes: You're referring to the Minish Cap? I've yet to play it. I've read on it a bit, and I'm off to do more extensive research. I'm starting to become more and more intrigued with the Wind Tribe/Skyloft connections.:)

Pen

The game is on!
Well, Skyloft is a floating island in the sky, while the City in the Sky is something that was built by someone (obviously). So they couldn't possibly be the same, that's what I think anyway. :)

Have We Been To Skyloft Already

I was playing Twilight Princess recently and I just realized the The City in the Sky dungeon May have some resemblance to Skyloft. You you think this seems credible, and if you do, do you think we will see a return of the oocca?

L

leonarr

Not really. If we examine Orcarina of Time we can see two timelines. Skyloft are the event before OOT. In the Adult Timeline after OOT Zelda and Hyrule move on without Link(sent back to a child life). Then in Wind Waker we learn OLD Hyrule was flooded. Form the next two games (on GBA/DS) we know that Zelda and his pirate friend set out to a NEW Hyrule. This is Possibly where Twilight Princess takes place. So City in the sky is in New Hyrule and Skyloft is in the old Hyrule still flooded. People were hinting at a Sky Temple years ago. I remember reading a walkthrough for OOT where a guy made the joke "this is where you can get the golden wings for Epona and fly to the secret sky temple." I think once SS come out it might clear a few timeline issues up. Who knows I may be wrong.

how is the skyloft in old hyrule still flooded if it is the first game in the timeline.....and if it has to do with the creation of the master sword that also makes no sense.

A

alinktotheinfo

i think that the city in the sky is a ruin of the Sky temple, or skyloft and that is very possible, but i think more that the skyloft we've seen is the one in minish cap considering minish cap is very easily comes very early in the timeline, but after SS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom