• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Which first, Shadow or Spirit?

Toboe

Melody Malone
I did the spirit temple last. I found the shadow temple before I did the spirit temple so I did the shadow temple first. But the shadow temple was harder then the spirit temple, I think they intended to make the spirit temple befroe the shadow temple, mabye they made them both the same level and I just didn't notice that.

honestly if you don't get caught you can get through the gerudo fortress right after you have gotten epona but having the bow helps a lot. Also, just beating the water temple doesn't get you the nocturne of shadow; you need to beat the first 3 temples.

But Sheik will give you the Requiem of Spirit even if you have yet to beat the Water and Shadow Temples?

yes, the only trigger for that cutscene is entering then exiting the spirit temple.

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
I think you pretty much can do all the temples in the order you want. You can for exemple get the bow and leave the Forest Temple without completing it but I don't know. I haven't tied.

New guy here... thought I'd throw my two cents in. Here are a few things to note... I think Spirit comes before Shadow.

1. You do not need the hover boots to beat the Spirit Temple, or the Gerudo Training Grounds, or to get on the magic carpet.
2. Most people who found the Song of Storms after getting the hookshot, would have immediately went back in time to play that song, thus getting the Lens.
3. Saria tells child Link to go to the Spirit Temple after you beat the Water Temple.
4. If you followed step 2, you would notice that Gerudo Valley, and Gerudo Fortress are the only blinking spots on the map, indicating you need to go there.
5. Kakariko Village will only blink if you haven't gotten the Lens.
6. Impa SHOULD be the last sage because she is Zelda's Nanny. She tells you "soon you will meet princess Zelda" before she gives you the medallion.
7. Spirit comes first on the subscreen.

Therefore, Spirit comes first (to me at least...)

the only thing i have a problem with in this statement is that if you learn the song of storms right after you get the hookshot, then you wouldn't be able to travel back in time yet.

Navi tells me to do shadow first... and then I go to kakariko villaige and the thing in the well possesses Sheik. Then he tells me about the song that takes me to the shadow temple... Is it possible to do the Spirit Temple first after that?:S

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I always did the Shadow Temple before the Spirit Temple, just because when you get the Lens of Truth, the Shadow Temple is just so close by, and the Bottom of the Well sets up the mood for the upcoming Shadow Temple (for me).

D

Deleted member 6224

I always do what sheik tells me cause I don't want to confuse my self into getting me frustrated with the game

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
oh yeah, thats right. but that would be the only thing that you may need the hover boots for. I normally get that rupee by running and rolling of the edge and at the last moment, draw the sword for a jump attack.

Actually thats not the spirit temple. Thats the gerudo training grounds.:Si think.

the first time i played through the game i did the spirit temple before the shadow tempel, and i never realized unti my fourth playthrough that they can be done in either order

B

BIGJRA

Either Works

^^^ You need the arrows from the forest temple or else you cant beat the fire temple, not fully sure if you need arrows for the water temple as well, but i would assume

Yes, arrows are needed in both of the temples.

My first try was on virtual console wii on my tv and it had too much darkness and i couldnt see the shadow temple so I couldnt beat it, got mad, and decided to do spirit temple in case it had a "light" or something like that.

Also, on OoT3D, after water temple the yellow dots of where to go next are in both kakariko and gerudo valley, showing that either way goes

skybird11

state alchemist
i think its possible to do the spirit temple as the first adult dungeon. you can use epona to jump the broken bridge, although ive only seen videos of this. it will also be very hard to fight invissible floormasters without lens of truth and dins fire is required if you dont have fire arrows(i think)

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
i think its possible to do the spirit temple as the first adult dungeon. you can use epona to jump the broken bridge, although ive only seen videos of this. it will also be very hard to fight invissible floormasters without lens of truth and dins fire is required if you dont have fire arrows(i think)

You can't reach the Spirit Temple that early, at least not without sequence breaking. The Haunted Wasteland requires the Longshot to get across that initial area of quicksand. You also need to have beaten the Forest Temple to go back in time for the child portion anyways.

Kylon

Deku scrub
I don't exactly know about the theory thing, since my theories are crap, but I have noticed that. I do tend to do the whole let's end with Ganondorf's place temple so then we could have some kind of order.

So I vote Shadow temple first. :)
i dont think u need the hover boots if u buy bombchus from the merchant u do though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom