• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anyone else Really Hoping for Hard Bosses?

Seriously, in OOT and MM, the bosses were acceptable, some were easy, but others were hard towards the end, and it was a good challenge with the occasional death, like bosses should be. In WW, the bosses were easier, but it wasn't that bad. In TP, the bosses were easy as hell and I never died once. I really hope that the bosses in SS are hard as ****, they should be challenging, especially towards the end of the game. The bosses towards the end of the game should all be able to kill you at least once. THere should be a learning curve homie.

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
Bosses are the ending of one dungeon so they must be good. I hope the bosses will be hard and fun.

Amen to this. The bosses in Twilight Princess were really easy, except for Ganon's beast form.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Amen. I'd love a good challenge in the recent games. Although I would hope that they aren't as frusterating as, say, the AoL bosses. If they were about ALttP level difficulty, that'd be great, although I wouldn't mind if they were more just a notch or two above, say, the MM bosses.

Amen. I'd love a good challenge in the recent games. Although I would hope that they aren't as frusterating as, say, the AoL bosses. If they were about ALttP level difficulty, that'd be great, although I wouldn't mind if they were more just a notch or two above, say, the MM bosses.

ALTTP had a great difficulty level.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I do believe that Miyamoto said at last E3's roundtable conference, that one of the things that they were working on at that point, was making some more challenging boss battles. I think that it's safe to say that Nintendo will include some impresive bosses in terms of raw challenge...

Yes please. Harder bosses will be a godsend. It is popularly accepted that TP's boss battles were mostly incredibly easy, three hit challenges, so that's a thing Nintendo can capitalize on with SS by making its boss battles more difficult. Some fun thrown in would also be a nice welcome!

HappyMaskSlsman

Smilus Creepus
I suppose I will regret it in the future, but I'm actually wanting a boss that is akin to Moldorm- one that will seem quite simple, but quickly grow in a level of annoyance that will eventually result in the violent tossing of one's controller. I actually want to have to pass through several "Game Over" screens before the game is done, and can't help but expect having to face the same boss multiple times in a row before a lucky decisive blow. Mothula was a perfect example of this. After taking the time to strategize and landing a few well planned out hits, I wish to be rewarded knowing that I actually faced a challenge. I agree entirely that they should up the difficulty and force you to pay attention in fights. My pulse had better be raised several times before the game is done. This is especially do to the fact that recent bosses have been no harder to both "figure out" and defeat than, say, Ghoma in Ocarina of Time.

well, if it seems a little challenging to beat a bokoblin (watching some videos), the bosses would be strong, and I am definitively hoping for harder bosses

Last edited:

Djinn

and Tonic
The Ghirahim fight was exactly what I have been wanting in a boss fight for a while, a one on one sword fight with another skilled swordsman. I was hoping for something like that when I first heard about the wiimotion controls. Which I think is perfect, a skill against skill type of fight, no more special gimmicky weapon picked up earlier in the dungeon just so happens to be the weakness of the boss. It was fine when done one or twice, but in TP it was every single boss.

I want to fight more characters like Ghirahim like that, and hopefully a Darknut or two.

Mothula was a perfect example of this. After taking the time to strategize and landing a few well planned out hits, I wish to be rewarded knowing that I actually faced a challenge. I agree entirely that they should up the difficulty and force you to pay attention in fights. My pulse had better be raised several times before the game is done. This is especially do to the fact that recent bosses have been no harder to both "figure out" and defeat than, say, Ghoma in Ocarina of Time.

I agree with this, bosses have been far to easy lately. Almost all of them killed on my first try, there is no strategizing on how to defeat them. Most only having a weakness you have to find, exploit it, then whack with sword and repeat. I want to have multiple ways of defeating a boss that I could figure out over the course of the fight or something I think over if I am defeated.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I'm not going to lie, I only found a couple of TPs bosses to be easy. The others were a moderate difficulty for me (I'm pretty sure there was one frusturating one too).
Still, I would like these bosses to be about OoT/MM difficulty, perhaps even a little bit more challenging. While I don't want the (bosses in the) game to be overly easy, I don't want to get annoyed with dying every 5 minutes either.

Based off what we have seen so far, it looks as though they will indeed be more difficult. If the regular enemies take time to defeat, I don't see why the bosses would follow suit. Plus, we've already seen one boss fight so far (the first one, so it seems) so really, they should only get more difficult from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom