• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time OOT PRONOCIATION Questions

MjaxHylian

The Brony Named Mjax
Kakariko
KAK A RI KO
or
KA KARO
Ocarina
i pronouce it orcarina but its obviously O CAR INA

Kokiri
Ko KEER E or Ko RUKI

DEKU is it DECK OO or DEEK OO?

Guay What is it

Tunic Is TOO Nick right or is it TON IC

any one care to put their opinions

OFFTOPIC: ME A MOTO or MY A MOTO

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I pronounce Epona differently. Like I would say E PONA, but it's actually EE PONA. or I don't know how you would write or type the pronunciation of Epona.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
Ocarina - I say ah-ka-ree-na, but I have a few friends who say oh-ka-ree-na.
Kakariko - Kah-kuh-ree-ko. I can't see any different pronounciation than that.
Deku - Deh-koo. That's how I say it, anyway.
Kokiri - Koh-keer-ee
Myamoto - My-ah-moh-toh
Tunic - too-nick
Epona - now, I say Epona funky. I say it different from everyone else. I put a 'yuh' sound inbetween the n and the a, so it sounds like Eponyah. It sounds better to me. And I figure it's probably supposed to be Ee-pona, but I say Ehh-ponyuh.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Ocarina: Oh-ku-ree-nah
Kakariko: Kuh-kar-ick-oh
Deku: ​Deck-oo
Kokiri: Koh-keer-ee
Miyamoto: Me-uh-moe-toe
Tunic: Too-nick
Epona: Like MidnaOfTheTwili said, i pronouce it with the 'yuh' between the 'n' and the 'a'. So, Ep-own-yuh...
Guay: It kind of depends. i usually say G-way, but i occasionally say 'gay'... i don't know, just depends.

MjaxHylian

The Brony Named Mjax
hmm well u learn somthin everyday ah ka rina wow then again pronouciation is relitive a kitties in brittish is ke ees while in NA it KIT eys Realetivity but still
i will always say Deck OO

HappyMaskSlsman

Smilus Creepus
I suppose, much like the way we view Link, it is truly up to the player to detirmine how to pronounce each name. I, though I know the official pronounciation of Ocarina is "Ah kar ee nah", I've always pronounced it as "Oh kar ee nah". I suppose it is for nostalgia's sake. Epona has always been, for me, "Ehpohna". As for the pronounciation of Deku, I've honestly found myself saying both (it varies depending upon the context). That is another beauty of the Zelda series- no voice acting, which allows us to interpret the world as we wish.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Kakariko
KAK A RI KO
or
KA KARO
Ocarina
i pronouce it orcarina but its obviously O CAR INA

Kokiri
Ko KEER E or Ko RUKI

DEKU is it DECK OO or DEEK OO?

Guay What is it

Tunic Is TOO Nick right or is it TON IC

any one care to put their opinions

OFFTOPIC: ME A MOTO or MY A MOTO

Being The Legend of Zelda a Japanese game originally, most names are usually said in a Japanese-like tone. Others, well you say them normally like Tunic. So I say:
Kakariko as -Ka-Ka-REE-Koh With ka like the sound of crows make. REE being like Re in reading. And Koh being like Co in Chocolate
Ocarina - I know I've answered this question a lot, but it's like O-Ka-REE-Nah. O as the word in Open, Ka and Ree same as above, and Nah in well, just like Nah.
Kokiri - I say it like Koh-Kee-REE. Koh and Ree are the same as above. Kee sounds like Ki in Kiss
Deku - I say it as DEE-KUU; DEE being like DEE in King DEdede. And Ku as in Co in Cook.
Guay - I say it as Gu-way
Tunic - I say it as -Two-Nick

I pronounce many of the original (Japanese-esque) names such as Kokiri, Kakariko, and Deku with a Japanese intonation of the vowel sounds (i.e. Koh-kee-ree, Kah-kah-ree-koh, and Deh-koo, respectively). All of the vowel sounds in the Japanese language are "pure".

Example: A is always "AH" E is always "EH" I is always "EE" O is always "OH" U is always "OO" Miyamoto= Mee-yah-moh-toh.

Other English sounding names in Zelda like, Guay, Tunic, and Ocarina I usually pronounce, well, English-like with the vowel sounds I'm familiar with. (i.e. Guay, Too-nick, Ah-kuh-ree-nuh, respectively)

Example: Familiar English vowel sounds: A is sometimes "ay" E is sometimes "ee" I is sometimes like "s(i)ck" O is sometimes "ah" U is sometimes "uh"

Note the "sometimes", as these English vowels may vary depending on whether or not the vowel sound is long or short (and some other cases). The word ocarina is kind of an example, minus the "i" sound in its name, which in this case is pronounced like "ee".

Epona's name is up for debate, I guess. I pronounce her name like, Ee-poh-nuh. I used to pronounce Kakariko like Kack-uh-ree-koo :lol:; I just liked the way it sounded, because it sounds more like the sound a rooster makes, which is ironically what the name Kakariko is based on. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom