• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghiraham = Same Influence to Series As Ganondorf

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I was sifting through all of the new information on SS and one thought came to my mind as I was looking over it. In OOT Ganondorf was introduced as a new villain and OOT became a revolutionary game (not because of Ganondorf but I'm just stating that he appeared as new with in the game). Since then he has been used over and over again becoming a very large influence over story and plot of many Zelda games. Now, ghiraham seems to be the main villain of SS and SS is being marketed as a new revolution in the Zelda series. So maybe Ghiraham will become a huge influence for future games and for the series fr years to come. I think this would be a very interesting change to the Zelda formula. The game is supposedly set about 100 years before OOT but what if it was set a 1000 or so years before. That would leave time for many games featuring this new villain which could eventually lead into OOT and explain many of the reasons for different things that happen after OOT (I.E. dark interlopers, shiekah, etc.).
Its just an idea but I think it would be interesting.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
That would be very interesting, to have a series based off of Ghirahim, but I don't think he could ever be as significant as Ganondorf.

I would love to see three or four games between SwS and OoT.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, this game is gonna take far longer than 100 years before Ocarina of Time, I'm pretty sure of that. But as to if a game could come in-between, I don't know. I'm positive we won't see Ghirahim again, as I can guarantee you he's a "dark interloper" (yes, I'm calling it 100%), but a game in-between SS and OoT...possibly. I don't see why Nintendo couldn't do that.

actually, i hope ghirahim doesn't become too popular, his look is too rediculous for me to take him seriously...

A tie-in game might be a good idea though. i'm a HUGE OoT fan, so any more information i can get about the story (and SS' story) would be welcome.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I had an idea of maybe the events surrounding Ghiraham prompt the Gerudo race and Ganondorf maybe to step up their game or something in the future. Sort of setting up for Ganondorf to try and take control or something.

This is an interesting thought, but I personally don't believe that Nintendo will make Ghiraham a character that is as influential as Ganondorf in the series. I say this because looking at the game in retrospect to the rest of the Zelda games in the series and in terms of the timeline, I believe that Nintendo will have a hard time fitting the character into a role that can make him a character that is influential to the series. Due to the fact that Ghiraham is a new character to the series and that Skyward Sword is the first game to currently appear in the timeline, Nintendo would have to keep creating prequels of Ocarina of Time but sequels of Skyward Sword, but I really can't see that happening since there is only a meant to be a 100 year gap between the two games. I think it would be quite poor work on Nintendo's half if they just decided to make that time period larger so they can fit other games in between the two.

This is just my opinion though, Nintendo can probably find a way to create more games that include Ghiraham that work and aren't poorly designed, so it might turn out that he does become an influential character. It would also be good for him to be involved with the origins of the Shiekah or Gerudo since it would help explain one of those races rituals/traditions.

Im sure that Ghiraham is not the main villein of the game. I think that he is a part of a grope of demon lords that is related to ganon

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Im sure that Ghiraham is not the main villein of the game. I think that he is a part of a grope of demon lords that is related to ganon

Maybe there will be a twist. The whole time, it seems like that Ghirahim is the main villain. But, near the end, a twist will be revealed that a guy named Ganondorf is the main villain. And Ghirahim and these bunch of evil sorcerers were just puppets of him.

Mastik, there will be no Ganondorf. Judging from the timeline, this is nearly impossible. Maybe there is some background about the Gerudos, but chances are unlikely that even the smallest story fragment is related to Ganondorf. The rise of Ganondorf was shown in A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. In Skyward Sword, Ganondorf is not even born.

Anyway, the first part of my comment supports the Legend Theory. But this won't happen. There will be no Ganon or Ganondorf.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Maybe there will be a twist. The whole time, it seems like that Ghirahim is the main villain. But, near the end, a twist will be revealed that a guy named Ganondorf is the main villain. And Ghirahim and these bunch of evil sorcerers were just puppets of him.

Mastik, there will be no Ganondorf. Judging from the timeline, this is nearly impossible. Maybe there is some background about the Gerudos, but chances are unlikely that even the smallest story fragment is related to Ganondorf. The rise of Ganondorf was shown in A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. In Skyward Sword, Ganondorf is not even born.

Anyway, the first part of my comment supports the Legend Theory. But this won't happen. There will be no Ganon or Ganondorf.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. Even though Ganondorf is the main villain of the series, it wouldn't be wise for Nintendo to make him pop up at the end like they did with Twilight Princess just for the sake of putting Ganondorf in the game. Plus I want to see a fresh new villain, despite how ridiculous he/she is. And if you think about it, every other villain of the series is unique in their own way adding a positive reaction within the fans. I'll admit they totally screwed up Zant in Twilight Princess making you believe he was cold and ruthless but then finding out he's cowardly and sloppy. That was a pretty ugly twist that caused a negative reaction in me. But Vaati, Veran, Onox, Majora etc. were all great villains on their own and although we may find Ghirahim "weird", I personally love his personality that we say from the gameplay video. I doubt he'll be the main villain on his own, but right now it seems that way. And who knows? The form we have seen thus far is probably not his final form in which I'm expecting something huge and terrifying.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
The form we have seen thus far is probably not his final form in which I'm expecting something huge and terrifying.

Yes. These are also my thoughts. Something like Freezer from Dragonball Z (but mor terrifying in his final stage (like you said)).

The perfect example for a creepy transformation is Corvus, the final Boss in Dragon Quest IX. Turning from a holy Sentinel to a fallen angel and finally to a terrifying demon. I hope something similar goes for Ghirahim.

One of the Zelda team guys that was interviewed during E3 stated that the events of Skyward Sword lead up to OoT. Now this doesn't mean they can't put games in between these two (they can do or change anything if they feel like it), but it does seem to suggest that this game won't be close to 1000 years before OoT, more likely around 100 or so. It also seems to suggest that OoT could be thought of as a direct sequel to SS, which would mean that the ending of SS will setup the beginning of OoT.

He may not have meant it in this way, but that is what I got out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom