• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Purple Dude/Villain?

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I'm actually going to disagree with everyone saying he is a villian. I think that he is an ally to Link atleast at some point. If you notice in the newest trailer, the guy and Link are not fighting each other at the end, they are fighting something together but whatever they are fighting is not shown. Yes he does look very evil but if you saw Midna before knowing anything else about Twilight princess, would you have thought she was a ally to Link?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm actually going to disagree with everyone saying he is a villian. I think that he is an ally to Link atleast at some point. If you notice in the newest trailer, the guy and Link are not fighting each other at the end, they are fighting something together but whatever they are fighting is not shown. Yes he does look very evil but if you saw Midna before knowing anything else about Twilight princess, would you have thought she was a ally to Link?

But Link and Midna were never shown fighting. I guess it is a slight possibility that he was Link's mentor at one point and went bad, but I don't think that's so as of now. I'm certain he's a villain, though. A "dark interloper".

I don't mean to be offensive in any way, but you've probably typed "I'm certain he's a villain, though. A "dark interloper"." 20 times on this thread. lol

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I wasn't sure he was a villain until he was shown fighting with Link.......Why in the world would they show that if he wasn't a villain?

possibly to cloak the real villain, and again I'm not saying Link won't fight him and he won't be an antagonist. but not all antagonists are turn out to be against you in the end.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I'm actually going to disagree with everyone saying he is a villian.
It has a few cliches, but it is most likely you will challenge Ghirahim at the final battle.

The first time they met, it is like: "Oh, you stupid boy. You're not worth challenging me. Give it up to save the girl."
At the end it will be: "You've gotten stronger sky boy. Now, I wont spare you anymore. Prepare for the final battle."

Something like this scenario will happen. But I like this new villain. Finally a new great villain in a Zelda main game. Ghirahim. Sounds a bit like Agahnim. Hope he will not disappoint me.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It has a few cliches, but it is most likely you will challenge Ghirahim at the final battle.

The first time they met, it is like: "Oh, you stupid boy. You're not worth challenging me. Give it up to save the girl."
At the end it will be: "You've gotten stronger sky boy. Now, I wont spare you anymore. Prepare for the final battle."

Something like this scenario will happen. But I like this new villain. Finally a new great villain in a Zelda main game. Ghirahim. Sounds a bit like Agahnim. Hope he will not disappoint me.

Saw that coming a mile away. I agree with you; he's probably the final boss. And something tells me he won't be a dissapointment. I just hope they won't thrown in Ganondorf, or any other villain for that matter, at the last minute like they did in Twilight Princess. That was the main reason I disliked that game. I didn't like how they did that. It just seemed like an excuse to have him in the game, and it just ruined it for me. I liked how Zant was a totally new character and enemy for Link to defeat. And then Nintendo just threw in Ganondorf out of now where and said that he was the true antagonist. I really thought that was stupid. Either introduce him from the beginning like they did with Zant or don't bother putting him in the game at all. I hope that Ghirahim will remain the main antagonist instead of being revealed as nothing more than a puppet. I would hate that so much...

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I didn't like how they did that. It just seemed like an excuse to have him in the game, and it just ruined it for me. I liked how Zant was a totally new character and enemy for Link to defeat. And then Nintendo just threw in Ganondorf out of now where and said that he was the true antagonist.
The twist in Twilight Princess wasn't that bad in my opinion. But you're not wrong. They used the Ganondorf twist the first time in A Link to the Past. For a main villain, Ganondorfs screen time in Twilight Princess was a bit poor.
For Skyward Sword, I hope Ghirahim will stay as the main villain. It seems like he is some of the uncomfortable sort (look what he's doing with his tongue when he stands behind linkl). No need for another main villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom