• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can You Skip the Fire Temple Until the End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owner828

I'm not the muffin man!
I am currently playing through Oot (for probly the millionth time) and I thought about this. Every time I have played Oot, I never use the Megaton Hammer, after the Fire Temple, until the final dungeon. I can't try it because I have already beat the Fire Temple. Does anyone else think you could play through all other temples without beating the Fire Temple and getting the Megaton Hammer?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
And to answer your question, I believe the Fire Temple needs to be completed in order to trigger the cutscene that opens up another Temple later in the game, so no, you cannot skip the Fire Temple.

Fierce

Deity Link
You need to beat the Fire Temple to unlock the Shadow Temple, and you need to get the hover boots to beat the Spirit Temple.
So no.

But you can do it after the Water Temple...Technically, you can skip it all together if you bomb hover glitch into the shadow temple. I don't count glitch sequence breaking though.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I don't think you need to do it. I'm not sure about cutscenes and everything, but because you enter the Shadow Temple after the Water Temple, I assumed completing the Water Temple triggered the cutscene.

Technically though, I think you actually can skip it. First plant a magic bean in the graveyard as a kid so that it grows when you're an adult. When you have the Longshot, (which I'm not even sure you need), get the song of Storms to enter the well as a kid to get the Lens of Truth. (It's still optional no matter how you play, but it really helped me.) Once you have the Lens of Truth and Magic Bean Plant, make sure that you have Din's Fire from the kid timeline. Once you have all three, hop on the magic bean plant in the graveyard and wait for it to rise. Instead of hopping off next to the crate, it should carry you over to the pedestal in front of the Shadow Temple. Use Din's Fire to open the door and you're in!

At least, I think that works. Everything seems to work in my head, but I haven't tried it yet.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Both the Fire and Water Temples must be beaten to trigger the cutscene that allows entrance into the Shadow Temple. The Fire and Water Temples can be beaten in either order.

I don't think that bean plant can carry you close enough to the Shadow Temple entrance to enter though.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I don't think you need to do it. I'm not sure about cutscenes and everything, but because you enter the Shadow Temple after the Water Temple, I assumed completing the Water Temple triggered the cutscene.

Technically though, I think you actually can skip it. First plant a magic bean in the graveyard as a kid so that it grows when you're an adult. When you have the Longshot, (which I'm not even sure you need), get the song of Storms to enter the well as a kid to get the Lens of Truth. (It's still optional no matter how you play, but it really helped me.) Once you have the Lens of Truth and Magic Bean Plant, make sure that you have Din's Fire from the kid timeline. Once you have all three, hop on the magic bean plant in the graveyard and wait for it to rise. Instead of hopping off next to the crate, it should carry you over to the pedestal in front of the Shadow Temple. Use Din's Fire to open the door and you're in!

At least, I think that works. Everything seems to work in my head, but I haven't tried it yet.

No, that doesn't work. However, I know of a way to enter the Shawdow Temple early. I've done it myself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IR6LVs9-yY It's very difficult but, well, at least you know it's possible.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
TEchnically you CAN enter any other temples, if you grab the main item in each temple first,

I grab the bow and arrow from the forest temple then beaten it, Then I got to go to the fire temple and grab the megaton hammer then I left. Then I went to the water temple and grabbed the long shot and left, went to the spirit temple, got the golden gauntlets and left, and then went back to the water temple and beat it. Essentially you just have to water temple to unlock the cutscene in kakariko Village where Bongo Bongo Escapes.

Fierce

Deity Link
Nope, you are wrong. Shadow temple requires all three temples beaten just to access the cutscene that you get the song from.
The only way to enter the Shadow Temple early is to do a bomb-jump glitch (which I've done).

Interestingly, if you use the glitch to beat the Shadow temple before the other two, you do not have to beat them as the game's code assumes you have since it is normally impossible to access without beating them.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Some temple related things that MUST be done:
You MUST get the the Bow and Arrow from the Forest Temple before you can complete the Water or Fire temple, but you can beat these three temples in any order.
The Kakariko Villiage cutscene doesn't trigger until after you have received all three medallions from Forest, Fire, and Water sages, regardless of order.
Neither the Shadow or Spirit temple contain items necessary for the other, and can be completed in either order.
So, assuming no glitching, there is a total of 12 different orders you can complete the five adult temples in.

Time to correct some things said here, and give my opinion on the Megaton Hammer.
I am currently playing through Oot (for probly the millionth time) and I thought about this. Every time I have played Oot, I never use the Megaton Hammer, after the Fire Temple, until the final dungeon. I can't try it because I have already beat the Fire Temple. Does anyone else think you could play through all other temples without beating the Fire Temple and getting the Megaton Hammer?
The Megaton Hammer is my favorite item! I use it to destroy every non-flying enemy in the game, it destroys L1 and L2 boulders, opens up bombable holes in the ground for free, not to mention it's the BEST weapon to use against the boss of the Water Temple (blanking on the name). But that's just my personal opinion. But no, you cannot skip it; even though it is possible to glitch to the Shadow Temple, you cannot get the light bridge to Ganon's Castle without it. Unless you're going to hack the game, and then what's the point of doing anything you don't want to do?
... you need to get the hover boots to beat the Spirit Temple.
Technically, you can skip it all together if you bomb hover glitch into the shadow temple. I don't count glitch sequence breaking though.
No, the only thing the hover boots are necessary for outside of the Shadow Temple and Ganon's Castle is to get to the magic rug salesman, and he's definitely not essential. I personally do the Spirit Temple completely before the Shadow Temple every time I play through for the simple "doing the temples in medallion order" facto (except the very first time I played it like 12 years ago).
And you can't skip it all together regardless. See light bridge.
I'm not sure about cutscenes and everything, but because you enter the Shadow Temple after the Water Temple, I assumed completing the Water Temple triggered the cutscene.
No, the cutscene only triggers after you've completed all three previous temples.
Unfortunately, that bean plant only goes straight up and down.
TEchnically you CAN enter any other temples, if you grab the main item in each temple first,
Essentially you just have to water temple to unlock the cutscene in kakariko Village where Bongo Bongo Escapes.
You don't have to grab the main item in each temple. Only the Forest Temple. But you have to beat all three first adult dungeons to unlock the Kakariko Village cutscene.

Interestingly, if you use the glitch to beat the Shadow temple before the other two, you do not have to beat them as the game's code assumes you have since it is normally impossible to access without beating them.
Really? When I've done the glitch I still had to beat the Fire/Water Temple (I had beaten the Forest Temple prior to doing the glitch) before the light bridge went up. Does this phenomena only do work BEFORE earning the Forest Medallion?

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Firstly, I would like to say: Why can't you all just play the game how it was made? Yes, I know it sucks that you have to do it the games way year after year. But guess what? They took the time to make the game for you guys, so just play it right. Some glitches can be fun but what's the fun if you don't even play the game right?

I don't think you need the hover boots for the Spirit Temple, and I heard that if you don't get the Sun's Song, then the gravestone won't be blown up in the future, so you climb on it and get into the shadow temple. and in my copy, I got the Nocturne of Shadow after I completed the Water Temple, but hadn't beaten the Fire Temple.

amaterasu

Writer
you can't. you can do it after teh spirit temple, but you need it for the shadow temple. or, at least, the shadow temple room in Ganon's Tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom