• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Best Graphics/Style Of Zelda Game?

T

Toebex

For me, Twilight Princess hands down. Not only is it my favorite game EVER, but the style of the game is just amazing.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I don't really have a favorite art style. Part of what I love about the Zelda series is that it explores a wide variety of different art styles. It's not just one or the other, either. It might have seemed like that with The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, but now Skyward Sword is something completely different. Miyamoto stated that it was inspired by impressionist paintings, although it appears to be a meld of the two styles from the GameCube games.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
So far, Skyward Sword, cel-shade without the oddly shaped Link. Not that I don't like Wind Waker.

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
It depends! I think the graphics speak for the kind of game it is. I wouldn't want a realistic Wind Waker, and I wouldn't want a cartoony Twilight Princess. (that's what we get with Skyward Sword, though, I realize this. xD) WW we have this cute cartoony style that gives the vibe that it isn't supposed to be taken as seriously, and TP's graphics give the vibe that they need to be taken seriously. So long as the graphics fit in with what the game theme is, then I like it!

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I found the cel-shaded to be my preferred tool, but not my favorite art style. My favorite would have to be the Skyward Sword style. It uses light colors and has well built character models that are very fun to look at. I also prefer the lighting to the endless bloom of Twilight Princess.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
To be honest, I've always been impartial to the graphics of The Wind Waker, though the style seen in Skyward Sword is a tie. The Wind Waker has such a vibrant, colorful feel to it and the character models and such remind me very much of cartoons and I like that a lot.

Skyward Sword is tied, mainly because it too is vibrant and colorful, yet the character models are more realistic and remind me more of Japanese anime, which I also really like the idea of, not to mention it seems to combine the seriousness of Twilight Princess and the fun "colorfulness" of The Wind Waker, which is also a really good thing in my opinion.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The graphics used in Twilight Princess is my favorite, including Skyward Sword and the updated graphics of Ocarina of Time 3D. I like to have a realistic feel to my games, and gives the game a more serious tone. I think it also fits well with the plot, and how it was dark and all. I feel that this is an important part of the game. One of my major issues with the graphics used in the Wind Waker is that the graphics are too cheerful, while the plot is more dark, and darker than a lot of Zelda games (with the murder of the sages and all). And at first glance, Skyward Sword graphics didn't appeal to me all that much, but I'll have to wait and see more with the relations of the graphics to the gameplay and plot to decide for realz. So thus far, Twilight Princess wins for me.

twlight princess has the best graphics i will admit that.... but ill always have a soft spot for a link to the past style.... i dont know why

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
I love all the graphics and I think they fit their games well.
Wind Waker just has such a childish, cartoonish and fun feel to it, so it makes the game even more adorable and fits it well.
The more realistic style of Twilight Princess fits well the intensity and seriousness of the game. They also used the graphics quite well to make Link really cute, heehee. :D

I wouldn't say that I like one more than the other, because they both are great, and fit the themes of their games very well.

Cel shaded for me as well.
Its just so different from the other styles.
Very cartoon like which i think suits Zelda games.

I hope to see more in this style.
A few people i know hated this Cel shaded style.
But i felt it was a nice change and a risk i felt paid off for Nintendo.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I love all the graphics and I think they fit their games well.
Wind Waker just has such a childish, cartoonish and fun feel to it, so it makes the game even more adorable and fits it well.
The more realistic style of Twilight Princess fits well the intensity and seriousness of the game. They also used the graphics quite well to make Link really cute, heehee. :D

I wouldn't say that I like one more than the other, because they both are great, and fit the themes of their games very well.

I agree. The styles fit they're own game. The style of TP fit the more serious plot, and the style for WW fit its more cartoonish style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom