• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Sea is Hyrule and TERMINA?

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
JuiceJ: That postman was on the Child timeline, when such a service didn't exist in OoT. So that service was only in Hyrule on the Child Timeline, after the events of OoT, thus has no relation to Wind Waker. So why would that postman, who has no relevance to the postal service on the adult timeline, be the one referred to in the text?

The only postal service that would have had an established role during that timeframe is the one from Majora's Mask. And its not like he's the only one who crossed that border, even hypothetically (Skull Kid, Link, Happy Mask Salesman...).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
JuiceJ: That postman was on the Child timeline, when such a service didn't exist in OoT. So that service was only in Hyrule on the Child Timeline, after the events of OoT, thus has no relation to Wind Waker. So why would that postman, who has no relevance to the postal service on the adult timeline, be the one referred to in the text?

I'm saying they made that one and he has no connection to MM's. So the one in WW can, too.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Yet a connection WAS established. ;) Which is why I'm asking why you're denouncing that proof.

...........What connection? I seriously have no idea where you're coming from with that one. Are you actually suggesting that Twilight Princess has something to do with The Wind Waker?

Another thing. If this sort of thing were true, it would have been made obvious with things that are significantly important to the story. Nintendo wouldn't have do that kind of thing and not make it obvious.

Last edited:

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
JuiceJ: An establishable connection between the Majora's Mask Postman and the Wind Waker postman that this topic brought up (not sure why you thought I was talking about a connection between the TP and WW postmen). Y'know that reference on the other page again that you seem adamant wasn't referring to any other postman (though why would it even have been mentioned, if there had been no previous postmen in the series, within Hyrule, that it could relate to)?

Its not like Nintendo don't make throwbacks like this. The Rito, in themselves, are a good example of this (a reference to the winged men of the OoT manga, the name of the race very close to the name of the Zora princess, and their mark is the Sapphire from OoT). I actually find it more rare for the series to make blatant connections (the Anouki in ST to the Anouki in PH), so why do you assume the connections would be obvious?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
JuiceJ: An establishable connection between the Majora's Mask Postman and the Wind Waker postman that this topic brought up (not sure why you thought I was talking about a connection between the TP and WW postmen). Y'know that reference on the other page again that you seem adamant wasn't referring to any other postman (though why would it even have been mentioned, if there had been no previous postmen in the series, within Hyrule, that it could relate to)?

Its not like Nintendo don't make throwbacks like this. The Rito, in themselves, are a good example of this (a reference to the winged men of the OoT manga, the name of the race very close to the name of the Zora princess, and their mark is the Sapphire from OoT). I actually find it more rare for the series to make blatant connections (the Anouki in ST to the Anouki in PH), so why do you assume the connections would be obvious?

..........You're really confusing me, here. If you're trying to say that there is a canonical connection between the postman of MM and WW, you're doing a very poor job of it, as you're providing no evidence for it. Please tell me what you're getting at, because I am totally lost. And that doesn't happen often.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
If this sort of thing were true, it would have been made obvious with things that are significantly important to the story. Nintendo wouldn't have do that kind of thing and not make it obvious.
This is not true and is not good logical practice. I can find a few quotes if you like, but EAD does enjoy throwing in subtle hints that stimulate the audience's critical analysis. It's the same line of thought as not releasing the timeline, as ZI reported a few days ago.

..........You're really confusing me, here. If you're trying to say that there is a canonical connection between the postman of MM and WW, you're doing a very poor job of it, as you're providing no evidence for it. Please tell me what you're getting at, because I am totally lost. And that doesn't happen often.
*for reference:
Koboli
Birthplace: Windfall Island

Koboli is the third generation in a family
of postmen, but rumor has it that an
ancestor of his in an age gone by was also
a postman...
It doesn't specifically state it was the postman from MM, but as Satsy was saying that was the only other postman at the time. The ellipsis and the fact that it even mentions an ancestor - an otherwise useless and overemphasized bit of trivia - heavily implies that some connection is to be drawn.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
How can WW's Great Sea be Hyrule & Termina when many things prevent that from happening anyway to some examples.

1. The Forest Haven is in the approximate location of the Kokiri Forest and the ancestors of the Koroks once were humans and to mention the Forbidden Fortress is also in the approximate location of the Gerudo Fortress.

2.As someone already mentioned the Rito are descended from the Zora.

3.WW happens after OoT and Hyrule could have developed a postal system before the flood.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
This is not true and is not good logical practice. I can find a few quotes if you like, but EAD does enjoy throwing in subtle hints that stimulate the audience's critical analysis. It's the same line of thought as not releasing the timeline, as ZI reported a few days ago.

I understand about hints and stuff, but I had never seen anything before to suggest this, and I still don't. There's a difference between using stuff from previous games and referencing.

It doesn't specifically state it was the postman from MM, but as Satsy was saying that was the only other postman at the time. The ellipsis and the fact that it even mentions an ancestor - an otherwise useless and overemphasized bit of trivia - heavily implies that some connection is to be drawn.

I don't think any connection has to be drawn. That is a strange quote, but it says "third generation." Surely more than a few generations went by for the tale of the Hero of Time to have become legend.

Beyond that, again, the Rito are the evolved Zora. The suggestion that there is a connection between the MM and WW postmen contradicts that.

Last edited:

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
I don't think any connection has to be drawn. That is a strange quote, but it says "third generation." Surely more than a few generations went by for the tale of the Hero of Time to have become legend.

Exactly, I don't think 3 generations could span the supposed 1,000 years between OoT and WW.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
What about the possibility that that specific character's lineage didn't move to Hyrule before the great flood, but a significant time afterward? Meaning the only last three generations were in Hyrule and it was that third generation back that moved from Termina to Hyrule. Possibly even many more generations on the Termina side of the border before the lineage gets traced back to the character from MM? Bottom line, is if you're looking for something COMPLETELY obvious, then in-game it cannot even be assumed that the Rito evolved from the Zora as there is no direct connection in-game. The name similarities and the symbol aren't a direct evolution connection. Maybe ask a Nintendo Staff about the possibility of a connection to get some out-of-game knowledge.
(Besides, people usually don't refer to their "ancestors" as their great-great-grandparents, but rather family from so long ago it's hard to determine the specifics.)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
You guys are forgetting "but rumor has it that an ancestor of his in an age gone by was also a postman..." that would certainly fit the time period. But as JuicieJ pointed out, they are of two different races, which is a contradiction.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
You guys are forgetting "but rumor has it that an ancestor of his in an age gone by was also a postman..." that would certainly fit the time period. But as JuicieJ pointed out, they are of two different races, which is a contradiction.

I mentioned that that is a noteworthy phrase, but it really doesn't have to suggest anything. An "age gone by" doesn't *have* to be the time before the flood. Who knows, maybe they were just giving him (MM's postman) a shout out or something, though.

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
This is all formed on the basis that someone would ever have kids with the Postman from MM. :P What if no one did?

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I considered yesterday, what else the postman thing could have meant. Even if Termina isn't under the ocean, there's a chance the people of Termina were still a part of the flood.

After all, Termina nearly all-out evacuated. Where did they evacuate to? Not many places to disappear to when the World's going to be destroyed.

Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom