• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Sea is Hyrule and TERMINA?

Ok, so I just had this idea that the Great Sea in Wind Waker may be a flooded hyrule+Termina, why do i say so? well, here the evidence I've found.

Tingle, who comes from Termina, appears at the great sea

The Postal system, who excisted in Termina, but not hyrule, is present at the Great sea

The post sorter Rito dude is a descendant of the postman from Termina

In the Nintendo Gallery, two masks from Termina is behind the figurine maker.

So that's the evidence I have, do you have anything to add? Have you found evidence against or for my theory? Am I completely out of my mind?

Discuss!

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
1. Has no real evidence to back it up as MM Tingle, link Link and other reoccuring characters, could be an ancestor of WW Tingle.

2. How would it be impossible for Hyrule to develop it's own postal system?

3. How do you know that?

4. That's just a cameo. If that's a reason to support your claim then you could also claim the Hyrule is located in the Mushroom Kingdom because of Mario cameos in Zelda games.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Don't forget the Legend of the Fairy.

I agree with Cel-Shaded Deku on the mail system and possibly the masks, but Koboli's ancestor* and the Legend of the Fairy are hard to ignore. While it seems impossible for the land to actually become part of Hyrule since it's an alternate dimension, some of its culture must have seeped into Hyrule somehow.

*for reference:
Koboli
Birthplace: Windfall Island

Koboli is the third generation in a family
of postmen, but rumor has it that an
ancestor of his in an age gone by was also
a postman...

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
As far as the masks, remember that the HMS can travel between the two, and thus he could have brought them back (he is obsessed with the things, after all) to Hyrule himself.

Termina is in a parallel world, it is not in the same dimension as Hyrule therefore it would be impossible for the flooded world in WW to include Termina. Termina is not next to Hyrule, it's an alternate dimension.

this pretty much

termina is not really flooded, but I am not sure if termina would be affected in someway

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Tingle, who comes from Termina, appears at the great sea

Well, they can bring Tingle back in any game they feel like, as it's their series. I mean, he's been in Oracle of Ages, FSA, and has his own games now. So that argument really has no merit.

The Postal system, who excisted in Termina, but not hyrule, is present at the Great sea

The Postman has also been in Twilight Princess, which has no connection to The Wind Waker.

The post sorter Rito dude is a descendant of the postman from Termina

Where's your proof for this? I'd like to see it, but I won't be, as there is none. The Rito are evolved forms of the Zora, making it impossible for the postman in WW to be a descendant of a human.

In the Nintendo Gallery, two masks from Termina is behind the figurine maker.

The Nintendo Gallery has nothing to do with canonical stuff. It's completely optional and has nothing to do with the story itself.

All that said, this theory is groundless. Sorry, but there's no way this is possible.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like the posters above me have directly or indirectly said, Great Sea might not be Termina but parts of Termina's culture may have come to and from Hyrule because of people like the Happy Mask Salesman and maybe even Link himself. I don't think that Termina being in an alternate plane of reality (that or just really at the bottom of a hole...) would be part of Hyrule, but it IS possible.

"The Postman has also been in Twilight Princess, which has no connection to The Wind Waker."
The Postman doesn't equal the postal system, so I have to say that is no evidence against this theory.

about you saying it's impossible for them to merge because they're different worlds an that stuff, we've seen that stuff can go to termina and possibly back again, so when hyrule was flooded, the water would go into the tree in the lost woods, and eventually end up in termina, so termina would be flooded, and maybe the two world met each other afterwards, as described in my drawing. v

Also, even if the post-sorter dude is not a descendant of the MM postman, he still has got a postman far away in his family, but there were no postsystem in Hyrule.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
JuiceJ: For what reason would it not be? Why would such a statement have arisen, if it were not in some way relevant to a previous postman who had been in the series (which was clearly not in Hyrule)? They must have had a reason for including such a line... surely you have a reason to suspect that wasn't the case?

Nice theory but you are forgetting one thing.

Termina is destroyed in the adult timeline.
Link still is very young when he saves termina in the child timeline but remember he got locked up for 7 years in oot en
therefore could never have saved termina.

So with saving hyrule in the adult timeline he pretty much destroyed hyrule and termina (or at least the gods did)
very sad actually You save hyrule in oot just to find out everything is flooded in wind waker , and when you start to think about what could have happened to termina you will find out that link was never there to save that.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
That's a nice diagram Deniro, and I can really see what you're saying. It would work if the two were spacially adjacent, or if there was a portal in the sky, but there's no reason to believe either. There's already space West (arbitrary direction, following your diagram) of Hyrule in its own dimension; what happens to that when Termina displaces it?
I think Termina would have to remain separated even if it was flooded, like so:

terminaflood.png

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Nice theory but you are forgetting one thing.

Termina is destroyed in the adult timeline.
Link still is very young when he saves termina in the child timeline but remember he got locked up for 7 years in oot en
therefore could never have saved termina.

So with saving hyrule in the adult timeline he pretty much destroyed hyrule and termina (or at least the gods did)
very sad actually You save hyrule in oot just to find out everything is flooded in wind waker , and when you start to think about what could have happened to termina you will find out that link was never there to save that.

We don't know this for sure, actually. There's no evidence either way.

about you saying it's impossible for them to merge because they're different worlds an that stuff, we've seen that stuff can go to termina and possibly back again, so when hyrule was flooded, the water would go into the tree in the lost woods, and eventually end up in termina, so termina would be flooded, and maybe the two world met each other afterwards, as described in my drawing. v

Also, even if the post-sorter dude is not a descendant of the MM postman, he still has got a postman far away in his family, but there were no postsystem in Hyrule.

................They're separate dimensions, not neighboring countries. A flood isn't going to connect them. Even if it did, it would just be the water from Termina passing over, not the two lands joining together. Locke's correct with his diagram even if Termina were flooded along with Hyrule. Come on, use some common sense. I'm not saying your stupid, or anything, but it's just simple logic.

And about the postman. Again, there was the postman in Twilight Princess, which takes place in Hyrule. That argument has no merit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom