• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Does Twilight Princess Deserve to Be Called a Disappointment?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The game was held to unbelievably high standards, and Nintendo is to blame for a lot of the hype surrounding it as well as the players. The game offered the opposite of the Wind Waker style which was something that many of us fans begged for. They made each trailer bigger and bigger until the Zelda community seemed ready to implode. It was basically what was going to happen to Wind Waker if fans weren't disappointed by the graphics style of that game. The fans are also to blame for setting the game to the same standards as Ocarina of Time to the point that they believed it to be another revolutionary title. Of course, since the game followed the OOT formula to a near tee, we got an evolutionary title.
This evolution did prove to last for great first impressions (even got a poor guy fired for labeling TP as an 8.8) but there were those who weren't fooled and saw the game for what it was. Eventually more and more people began to understand this concept of evolution and lost a lot of the original flare they had for TP.
I am one of those chaps.
I'd say it was most definitely the fault of both sides. Nintendo's for treating it like an revolution and us for not seeing it as an evolution.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The game was held to unbelievably high standards, and Nintendo is to blame for a lot of the hype surrounding it as well as the players. The game offered the opposite of the Wind Waker style which was something that many of us fans begged for. They made each trailer bigger and bigger until the Zelda community seemed ready to implode. It was basically what was going to happen to Wind Waker if fans weren't disappointed by the graphics style of that game. The fans are also to blame for setting the game to the same standards as Ocarina of Time to the point that they believed it to be another revolutionary title. Of course, since the game followed the OOT formula to a near tee, we got an evolutionary title.
This evolution did prove to last for great first impressions (even got a poor guy fired for labeling TP as an 8.8) but there were those who weren't fooled and saw the game for what it was. Eventually more and more people began to understand this concept of evolution and lost a lot of the original flare they had for TP.
I am one of those chaps.
I'd say it was most definitely the fault of both sides. Nintendo's for treating it like an revolution and us for not seeing it as an evolution.

I saw what it was from the start since I didn't hype it. I've actually done kind of the opposite and come to see more of its flaws, but it's still my favorite Zelda game nonetheless. I got exactly what I wanted out of it and more.

I think it was an incredible game for newcomers, Ocarina of Time lovers, and people who were in love with a mature zelda.
It was not incredible toward the zelda gamers who want something fresh, or went on the enormous hype train, or had their standards set way to high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom