• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Sheik

• Thread starter Deleted member 6224
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6224

well i havent played oot in a looooooooooooooong while i was just thinkin if zelda could come out to hel you as sheik why didnt she just stay outside of the castle

Linknmike

Dank meme connoisseur
I think BlueLink is trying to say, since Zelda came out of the castle to help you as Shiek, why didn't she just stay out instead of going back to Ganondorf?

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Perhaps, since the Temple of Time is the closest thing to the Light Temple, she needed the power there to create and give the Light Arrow, thus exposing herself to Ganondorf as she helped you.
=/

Djinn

and Tonic
What better way to keep an eye on one's enemy and look for any possible weakness or flaw to exploit in the future than to pose as an underling and live in the castle with him? Over time Sheik might even become a trusted valuable asset in Ganondorf's court that he might even fill her in on a few secrets that would be valuable to some sort of resistance. He could even come to share a bit of power with her as he did with his more trusted loyal minions in ALTTP.

But running seems foolish as Ganondorf has the power of a god, and hundreds of followers and demonic minions that follow his every command. Total domination of the kingdom and the subjugation of the peoples living there. No one could run away forever because Ganondorf would eventually find them. Hiding in Hyrule is not an option either for the same reasons, it was overrun with monsters. So a wiser decision would be to stand at the enemy's right hand. He would never look for an escaped fugitive within his own court. And knowing one's enemy is important in the defeat of said enemy. Especially if they hold all the cards at that point in time. It's wiser to wait and watch, then see of there is any exploitable opening given time.

What better way to keep an eye on one's enemy and look for any possible weakness or flaw to exploit in the future than to pose as an underling and live in the castle with him? Over time Sheik might even become a trusted valuable asset in Ganondorf's court that he might even fill her in on a few secrets that would be valuable to some sort of resistance. He could even come to share a bit of power with her as he did with his more trusted loyal minions in ALTTP.

But running seems foolish as Ganondorf has the power of a god, and hundreds of followers and demonic minions that follow his every command. Total domination of the kingdom and the subjugation of the peoples living there. No one could run away forever because Ganondorf would eventually find them. Hiding in Hyrule is not an option either for the same reasons, it was overrun with monsters. So a wiser decision would be to stand at the enemy's right hand. He would never look for an escaped fugitive within his own court. And knowing one's enemy is important in the defeat of said enemy. Especially if they hold all the cards at that point in time. It's wiser to wait and watch, then see of there is any exploitable opening given time.

Agreed. It is not canon but in the manga Sheik was working for Ganondorf while helping Link in the way you describe.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Sheik is an alias that kept Zelda close to Ganondorf. The point of the Sheikah is stealth and espionage, which serves the purpose of Zelda to keep Ganondorf under watch. She knows that he would be searching feverishly for the Triforce of Wisdom, probably knowing that she would have it. So the best solution was to hide in the place where Ganondorf least expected her to be, and as something so plainly obvious. The Shiekah may have been long missing, but it would always have been possible that there were others, being that they were essentially a hidden group. Impa also came back to Hyrule alone, that was already enough evidence Ganondorf needed to guess that Zelda was hidden and not out in the open, but what he didn't know was that she was out in the open, but under a different alias. -Why he didn't try questioning Impa, I do not know.-

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Well, wasn't OP's question why she went back to Ganondorf? If I understand right, Zelda never was captured. She and Impa got away. Then, she had to return to help Link, but she couldn't exactly just stroll into Hyrule, so then she created Sheik so she could return to Hyrule and help him. That's how I understood it, anyway. And then she wasn't captured until she let her guard down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom