• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time New Ocarina of Time 3DS Info

Kirino

Tatakae
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D details

- Smooth 30 FPS
- Hyrule’s landscape has been improved
- Castle Town’s market now fully rendered
- No blurry pixelated pre-rendered bitmap in Castle Town
- Building exteriors have been remodeled including The Happy Mask Shop
- Improved water effects for Lake Hylia
- Perimeter lined with 3D trees instead of “tree walls”
- Fishing pond’s ground textured with a rocky surface, small waterfall added in the back
- Temple of Time’s interior has been furnished with an actual ceiling
- 2D backgrounds (such as when looking into Castle Town through the gate from outside) now are rendered 3D backdrops
- Windows gaze upon rendered landscapes
- Death Mountain is polygonal when viewing from Hyrule Field instead of a cardboard cutout
- Equip items to X and Y buttons
- Ocarina is in a spot in the lower-left corner of the touchscreen
- Can see the song list while playing the Ocarina
- Music is the same
- Master Quest confirmed

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Yeah, I'm quite curious about that as well. Regardless, this is some fantastic news. Especially the improved framerate and the fact that they're no longer using bitmaps is something I'm really looking forward to! :) Looks like I'll have to buy a 3DS anyway. xD

linkman8

True and Noble
I think this is going to spur a lot more people to play Ocarina of Time again. It'll be just like the old days. :D
As curious as I am to know where this graphical information came from, they seem like legitimate changes, and I look forward to seeing it all. It does appear as if we're all going to have to get 3DS's now, aren't we?

Kirino

Tatakae
I got this from Nintendo Everything, who got it from GameXplain, just in case people are wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom