• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New star trek movie

Apparently There is going to be a new star trek movie coming out soon, and a lot of comments I have seen about it are that it is going to be the death bells for the star trek franchise. This has been said by people becuase Apparently Star trek had been going down hill since gene roddenberry died. What do you all think? I don't like the sound of a new star trek movie.

For people who don't know what star trek is or haven't seen it, here's an episode Of star trek voyager, just after They had basically un rbotified a robot...well, a borg.

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q=star+trek+voyager+%3A+the+gift&emb=0&aq=f#

But what do you people tihnk of the sounds of a new star trek movie?

Edit : The videos a trailer.

I'm a huge Star Trek fan, and this movie looks like it's going to breathe life into the franchise.

Star Trek hasn't been going down hill since Robbenberry died. It was actually a huge success until the 9th Star Trek movie was released. Star Trek 9 flopped horribly, and just about destroyed the franchise.

After 5 TV series and 10 movies, I think this new rebooted movie will bring back life to Star Trek.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
I hate Startreck. This movie is not going to have a high gross. It is going to be worse than all the others. It got old a long time ago.

I hate Startreck. This movie is not going to have a high gross. It is going to be worse than all the others. It got old a long time ago.

Have you seen the trailers?

Looks pretty good to me. Ever since the 5th series (Enterpise) ended around 2005, Star Trek has been declining(sp?) in popularity.The new movie looks like it will attract many people.

If it does end up flopping, oh well. At least they won't keep making horrible prequels like Star Wars.

Last edited:
I haven't sen many star trek's. Just deep space 9, voyager, and next generation. But the tihng About it going downhill Isn't my opinion, just the opinion of some people. I think the star trek movie will be quite good. Btw, did you know the voice of the ship's computer in the movie is the voice of...what did it say ? I tihnk it said Gene roddenberry's wife.

serotonin_wraith

The Most Banned Member
Aww, I didn't know she'd died. I only recently found out Don S Davis (General Hammnd from Stargate SG-1) died too. Shows how much I keep up with these things.

I'm a big fan of Star Trek, but the best time period for me was '89-'99. I won't decide what I think of the new Star Trek movie til I see it properly. My first instinct was to go 'ugh, why recast Kirk and Spock and others? Just start with a new bunch if you want something fresh' but reboots can be done really well and end up better than the original - Battlestar Galactica was one, for example.

So, who knows at the moment?

serotonin_wraith

The Most Banned Member
But was it the actors or the characters?

There's a fan made Trek on the web which recast Kirk and Spock - http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/

Not bad. The original Sulu and Chekov have even been in it. But it doesn't compare to the original. So I'm not so sure using the names Kirk and Spock will help. It'll depend on the actors.

But was it the actors or the characters?

There's a fan made Trek on the web which recast Kirk and Spock - http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/

Not bad. The original Sulu and Chekov have even been in it. But it doesn't compare to the original. So I'm not so sure using the names Kirk and Spock will help. It'll depend on the actors.

I meant that more people recognize Kirk and Spock than Picard,Sisko, or Archer.

I think it will be better if they use characters that everyone's familiar with.

As for the actors, isn't Zachary Quinto well known?

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Important Facts:

1. The cast of the original Star Trek are all past their 70s and/or dead.

2. This movie is about them in their early years.

Therefore: You need new actors to perform such roles. Unless you can figure out a way to reverse the aging process and revive the dead. And I'm rather skeptical that you can but curious that you might.

Pity Majel roddenberry died...But these things happen. I iddn't hear if she had finished being the voice of the computer in the movie or not. I wonder....what are they doing this movie about? The crew from enterprise or sometihng? (Im not very weell informed )

Pity Majel roddenberry died...But these things happen. I iddn't hear if she had finished being the voice of the computer in the movie or not. I wonder....what are they doing this movie about? The crew from enterprise or sometihng? (Im not very weell informed )

It's about Kirk's, Spock's, McCoy's, and everyone elses academy days.

The villian is a time traveling Romulan:eek:

Last edited:

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
After seeing the trailer, I'm actually excited. Which is saying a lot, because its been a long time since I've been excited about a Star Trek movie. This looks like it might be what the franchise needs to pull itself up by the bootstraps.

Made_Of_Win said:
No young William Shatner = DO NOT WANT.

I'm one of those people who isn't too fond of classics being remade.

Its not a remake, its a prequel more along the lines of a reimagining. As such, I support them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom