• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

I've always wanted the ability to do quotes on selected text, instead of having to quote the entire post, and then delete what I don't want in the quote:

:D

Or you could click the "reply with quote" button and delete all the text from the quote that you don't want.

Hence I can quote part of your text with post number:

... :facepalm:. This is what I'm trying to get rid of though. :lol:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
This isn't really a suggestion, but something about the site that has always intrigued me. When you go to the blogs page logged on, you see member's profile pictures. If you go to the blogs logged out, you see member's avatars. May I know why? Was this accidental or intentional?

David

But you called me here...
I have a suggestion for the basic forums.

It would be beneficial for there to be a welcome PM/Email for new members that explain where to go to read the rules, the forum FAQ's, and the Graphics How-To thread. I've been seeing some new threads pop up on how to do basic things on the forums that are covered in the FAQ's. Obviously, they get taken care of quickly, but I think that sending a message with links to these resources would be beneficial to both the newcomers and the moderators.

Nicole

luke is my wife

It would be beneficial for there to be a welcome PM/Email for new members that explain where to go to read the rules, the forum FAQ's, and the Graphics How-To thread. I've been seeing some new threads pop up on how to do basic things on the forums that are covered in the FAQ's. Obviously, they get taken care of quickly, but I think that sending a message with links to these resources would be beneficial to both the newcomers and the moderators.

When I first joined, I got some kind of a welcome message from Dabombster early on. Something prewritten that can just be sent out when someone registers would be useful.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
A lot of forums do that, but personally, I find them to be annoying and don't even bother reading them. We can set it up, however, so that they get a Private Message informing them of all the basics and links to the guides and all that.
We could even go more extreme than that and edit the rules summary into the registration agreement.

I know you probably have it this way for a reason, but the post limit is kind of annoying. Especially when you only have a couple words to say (like in response to the riddle thread).

Kybyrian

I know you probably have it this way for a reason, but the post limit is kind of annoying. Especially when you only have a couple words to say (like in response to the riddle thread).

We have the character limit in place for a reason. It used to be 100, so be happy with 30. It's to encourage better posts. It's not possible to remove the character limit on a single forum, which is why Forum Games still has a limit. Feel free to bypass the character limit however you feel in such forums, visitor messages, private messages, etc.

When I first joined, I got some kind of a welcome message from Dabombster early on. Something prewritten that can just be sent out when someone registers would be useful.

We do have a system like this, actually. I believe the PMs are sent from Josh's account. At least, we did. I'm not sure what's going on now. I'm also not sure of what the contents were. Justin is currently away due to computer problems, so this will be looked into later.

Kybyrian

This isn't really a suggestion, but something about the site that has always intrigued me. When you go to the blogs page logged on, you see member's profile pictures. If you go to the blogs logged out, you see member's avatars. May I know why? Was this accidental or intentional?

We studied this earlier and it's just a little quirk the blog system has. It would require a bit of time to change and is not really necessary, so we left it as is.

------------------------------------ How can I bypass it?

Exactly like that. Random phrases and the such work fine. Just make sure not to bypass it outside of the forum games and community forums.

Kybyrian

... :facepalm:. This is what I'm trying to get rid of though. :lol:

Copy and paste the text you want to quote and wrap quote tags around it.

Example:

I copy and paste the above statement and wrap quotes around it.

[noparse]
Kybyrian said:
Copy and paste the text you want to quote and wrap quote tags around it.
[/noparse]

All you have to do is click the
quote.png
icon in the quick reply box. Copying the link from the top right of the post box and adding the last few numbers will link to the post.

Example:

[noparse]
Got it, thanks, lol.
[/noparse]

Got it, thanks, lol.

Depending on what you're cutting out this can save or waste time. When Justin gets back we'll have to look into something else.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I know a super special extra special way to bypass the word limit, but my lips are sealed, they are. The only person I've told it to is Durion, and he is sworn to secrecy, or death.

Austin

Austin

I agree! I've been making some changes with new users, and it should be fair to give them some information.

I've always wanted the ability to do quotes on selected text, instead of having to quote the entire post, and then delete what I don't want in the quote:

The Mod: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248504
:D

I guess I can look into this. It seems like a fair mod, and doesn't seem to take up a lot of computing resources.

One, 30 characters are not that long. If you want to make a post about something, try making a sentence out of it, or add a funny comment.

Thanks for the suggestions! Sorry, I couldn't respond right away! I haven't ha a computer for the last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom