• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Did You Hate About Ocarina of Time?

What did you hate about Ocarina of Time?

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water Temple

• Starting back from Temple of Time/Kokiri Forest

• Other

• Total voters
i hated epona, don't get me wrong she is a good horse but i hated her (how should i say this) movements, when you got to a certain point she backs up uncontrollably and you have to completely stop just to get off making it difficult for a certain side quest (im no mentioning it because it contains spoilers).

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
One thing I didn't like was the lackluster reward for getting the 100th Skulltula.

Instead of just 200 rupees, I think a better reward for such a lengthy sidequest would've been some item that, as soon as you enter the main room of Ganon's Castle, automatically destroys the 6 magic barriers which lets you bypass the 6 barrier rooms and go straight to the Tower. This item could replace the Skulltula icon/counter on the Quest Status subscreen.

I think something like that would give you a lot more incentive to collect them all, other than just to be able to say you did it.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
1.) Slow text.
2.) Couldn't skip cutscenes.
3.) Can't sheathe your sword right away. (You had to stand still, wait a while, and then the Action Button will change to "Put Away.")
4.) Diving. (It was hard to control, and you couldn't go very far...)
5.) The way Like-Likes would spit you out 10 feet into the air. (I like Like-Likes. Just not the way they spit you out.)
6.) The lag between firing magical arrows.
7.) Lack of emotion for Link. (I understand that it was only the limits of the technology back then, though...)

Compared to today's Zeldas it's a pretty bland, generic game, and that's my major hate for it.

I don't care much for the starting places, Navi, or the Water Temple. The only real dungeons I enjoyed doing are the last 3. Every other dungeon was a "meh" or a "ugh".

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I didn't hate a single thing about it. At all. I think it's an amazing game and is my favorite EVER!!! The Water Temple wasn't that frustrating for me; yeah, Navi was annoying, but when I played this game with my friends we had lots of laughs about her.

There were very few things I dislike about the game, but the one thing that gets on my nerves, EVERY TIME, is the Gerudo archery range mini-game. You know, the one were you have to shoot targets to earn points while riding Epona? I'm a 100% freak, so I became REALLY frustrated after 20 or so failed attempts. 'Cause I was never good at archery while moving.

I didn't like:
1. The water temple
2. Navi's constant remarks
3. The bare hyrule field
4. The poor story
And 5. The way the shops and houses look on the inside.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I hate the Water Temple, hate like-likes when they eat ur stuff, when u leave koriki forest to see the princess, u arrive to castle town it turns into night, when Mido says that Link killed the Great Deku Tree, and when Mido says that he is the greatest.

Pen

The game is on!
Starting back from Kokiri Forest/Temple of Time, although it's not a big problem. And I don't find Navi annoying at all, except in the beginning inside the Deku Tree, when she tells Link how to open a door. :fairy:

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Y'know, I was once one of those guys that thought "Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game EVER. Period. No questions asked." But then I played it again after 5 years and realized: "Wow...Navi doesn't want to SHUT UP!" Every time we go into a new area, it's always "Hey!" or "Listen!" Listen to what, Navi? Listen to you tell me that I have to go to the Temple of Time for the eight trillionth time? I never realized how annoying a voice could be if it was the only one you heard for the entire game...excluding Link's occasional grunts, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom