• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo's Zelda 64 graphics good or bad?

64 bit Zelda Graphics: good or bad?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I personally think they look a little bad by today's standards. That's my main issue with 3d: eventually it'll look bad. Sprites always look good.

Not that 3d doesn't look amazing at the time, though. I've also never really been one to worry about graphics, so good or bad it doesn't really matter to me.

They only thing that was bad about the graphics at the time was adult Links nose was to big and sharp, Also how ganondorf's was about a foot long from the back of his head to his nose

Granted the face was a little, but even now I think that the 64 graphics were great. And granted I even like the 64-bit graphics, but these are still good even till today. I only find Twilight Princess as somewhat better. :)

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Well, one thing is for sure, in the time of that console generation, OOT was really amazing compared to the other games. And i'm not talking about the graphics only.

And now after 2 console generations, its still a high rated game.
And i as for myself, yeah the graphics still amaze me.

Heck it is so good that it also came as a GC disc and even on the VC!

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
While the graphics today have aged quite a bit, I think they've done a decent job of being playable 2 generations later. A smooth framerate is pretty big in that department.

And I think we've gotten to the point where 3D graphics will age much better than they did with the Playstation or N64 era after their respective console generations have come and gone.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Well, when you compare the graphics to those of the older games, then the graphics are really good.

I would say they are quite good considering the technology they had back then. Think, they didn't have much tech back then so it was amazing that they got such good graphics in the game.

So ya, the Nintendo 64 Zelda games had good graphics.

I think the graphics were good, especially given the time. I still think they are pretty good, even if they don't compare to other games for X-Box or Playstation two and three.
They retained a sense of realism, and moreover the colours amazed me the first time I saw them, and for a N64 game they still do. I don't judge games on graphics, but still, it can be nice to have one with 3D graphics.
Overall, I think they were pretty good, and they added depth to the game.

P

Peacefull God

I think they were good because of the nice,peacefull feel to it. I especialy liked the entrance to the Forest Temple because of the peacefull feel about it.

Kybyrian

Well, they were good for their time, that's for sure. I mean, it stepped up to a whole new era in Zelda, 3-D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom