• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

I have a minor request. Would it be possible if you could make it so that when people give you rep it gives you a notification. It would be great if you could.

Hai, I know I already posted this in the staff chat, but I'm not sure the right people would see this to even consider it...

The number of stickies in this board is ridiculous, and it buries the members introduction threads and leaving threads. Also if I were a new member I'd find it slightly daunting to have that many "stickies" with rules and such attached to them...

Perhaps an "announcements" sub-forum could exist for such an occasion... I mean leave the Rules and "Members appriciation" threads but perhaps move the others to another location.

Austin

Austin
I have a minor request. Would it be possible if you could make it so that when people give you rep it gives you a notification. It would be great if you could.

If enough people want this, I can add this.

Hai, I know I already posted this in the staff chat, but I'm not sure the right people would see this to even consider it...

The number of stickies in this board is ridiculous, and it buries the members introduction threads and leaving threads. Also if I were a new member I'd find it slightly daunting to have that many "stickies" with rules and such attached to them...

Perhaps an "announcements" sub-forum could exist for such an occasion... I mean leave the Rules and "Members appriciation" threads but perhaps move the others to another location.

Agreed. Hopefully this weekend I may be combining or unpinning threads.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Main site suggestion - have you considered having a couple of mods for the "Intense Debate" comments on the main page? I don't think it would require a lot of work after the initial crackdown, but some of the anonymous users are causing issues on some posts. See here, for example, with some of the "Dark Master" imitators. Mods could delete spam and encourage people to get official accounts in cases like that.

Jedizora

:right:
The rep notification could be helpful, as long as you could have the option to turn it of if you are someone who gets a lot of rep.

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
Main site suggestion - have you considered having a couple of mods for the "Intense Debate" comments on the main page? I don't think it would require a lot of work after the initial crackdown, but some of the anonymous users are causing issues on some posts. See here, for example, with some of the "Dark Master" imitators. Mods could delete spam and encourage people to get official accounts in cases like that.

There is a report option with comments. If you click the report link, and it seems like spam, I'll usually delete it. If its a concern, I guess we could have some mods that read through comments each day and delete various bad comments.

The rep notification could be helpful, as long as you could have the optionto turn it of if you are someone who gets a lot of rep.

If you've received reputation recently, there are notifications for it.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Here is a little suggestion...

When you read a thread it is marked as read (if it was unread) and thats okay, but the problem is when you check your own thread. I believe its better that if you read your own thread you dont mark it, its like killing your thread just because you want to check it....

I hope you take this in consideration

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
There is a report option with comments. If you click the report link, and it seems like spam, I'll usually delete it. If its a concern, I guess we could have some mods that read through comments each day and delete various bad comments.

I've used the report button before, but only when something seems very offensive (inappropriate language, for example.) I was thinking more of the comments that were spammy but inoffensive enough that I otherwise wouldn't normally clutter your inbox with, considering how much else you have to do. ;) My concern was just that some anonymous users - or perhaps one making multiple comments - seem to feel they can run rampant. I think if you had one person to read through the posts each day people would quickly catch on that they can't do that any more. Obviously, up to you, but I personally like it when news posts are moderated (some of the magazines I go to have a horrible problem with that.)

Different question, but I was curious, is there a reason behind the 1000 character limit in group messages? Any possibility it could be lifted or at even just raised a bit? Sometimes it takes effect with even two paragraphs...we do a lot of updates in my group, and it would be useful if all members could post a little more.

Jedizora

:right:
If you've received reputation recently, there are notifications for it.
I jsut got rep and It didn't notify me. Also could this rep be removed? It was just some body who just said"trololo". AT least it only took away 4 rep.

Here is a little suggestion...

When you read a thread it is marked as read (if it was unread) and thats okay, but the problem is when you check your own thread. I believe its better that if you read your own thread you dont mark it, its like killing your thread just because you want to check it....

I hope you take this in consideration

When you mark a thread as read, its only marking it on your Login Account, no one elses... IF you would like to see when updates occur, you can subscribe to your thread then it is available in your UserCp (Settings) and you also have the option of having it email you at every post or each day there is a reply.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Hey, you know the rep notification thing? That's a really good idea and I would find that useful...wait...you said it is in action. I got rep recently and no notification.

Austin

Austin
I've used the report button before, but only when something seems very offensive (inappropriate language, for example.) I was thinking more of the comments that were spammy but inoffensive enough that I otherwise wouldn't normally clutter your inbox with, considering how much else you have to do. ;) My concern was just that some anonymous users - or perhaps one making multiple comments - seem to feel they can run rampant. I think if you had one person to read through the posts each day people would quickly catch on that they can't do that any more. Obviously, up to you, but I personally like it when news posts are moderated (some of the magazines I go to have a horrible problem with that.)

Different question, but I was curious, is there a reason behind the 1000 character limit in group messages? Any possibility it could be lifted or at even just raised a bit? Sometimes it takes effect with even two paragraphs...we do a lot of updates in my group, and it would be useful if all members could post a little more.

I thought I removed the 100 character limit for the groups? If its there I'll remove it. Sorry.

Hey, you know the rep notification thing? That's a really good idea and I would find that useful...wait...you said it is in action. I got rep recently and no notification.

That got lost through the recent site crash. I've just recently re-added it.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I got a great idea...though its complicated

Why not have a ZD newspaper...

You can subscribe to it in the Market for a certain amount of points, at least more than 500 or 600 so that only intersted members of the Forums are able to subscribe and not having to send it to every new member.

It could be simple just like sending a PM to all subscribers. We could announce the hot thread of the week, birthdays, maaybe even a contest and perhaps a little article about anything happening in ZD or Zelda stuff.

I know it sounds complicated but im sure that if a group sets to do it, it is possible....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom