• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Up With The Goron?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
im basically saying, there are enough sequels to games. make something new.

owenshev

Nayru hates me :(
They should finish off the great sea games with something like the unflooding of Hyrule. I doubt it'll be made, but, meh, I may as well say it.

I thought sequels WERE new...

B

blackmoon

Each main game in the series is followed by one direct sequel. Then they cut off.

Each of the first games in any set of two "main" games features Ganondorf, and usually takes place in Hyrule. Link then typically goes to a dream world or alternate dimension, and defeats another villain. The only exception to this is Adventure of Link, which takes place in the lands surrounding Hyrule.

Obviously, the spin off games (The Four Swords series, the Oracle series, Tingle) don't count for this formulae.

Btw, the Gorons simply make a minor appearance in TWW. That doesn't mean there are only three Goron's left, it just means that you don't see everywhere in the whole world.

If we assume there are only three Gorons left in TWW, we must also assume that we see ALL of EVERY island. That means we saw all of Windfall island - supposedly a merchants island - but I didn't see one general store or farm on the island. In fact, I didn't see a farm in the whole game! Obviously, we don't see the entire world - otherwise it would take hours to climb Death Mountain in OoT, instead of a couple of minutes.

T

Twilight Mask

I agree with blackmoon, there might be more gorons, just only a few
left their islandd to be merchants,:thinking:
Maybe an island off of the map?:clap:

I hope there is another great sea game so we can learn more about
what happens, or maybe a game in between OoT and TWW just like
Zemen125 said!;)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I agree with blackmoon, there might be more gorons, just only a few
left their islandd to be merchants,:thinking:
Maybe an island off of the map?:clap:

I hope there is another great sea game so we can learn more about
what happens, or maybe a game in between OoT and TWW just like
Zemen125 said!;)

i would like to see a game that explains what happens between OoT and WW.

the BS for WW is VERY vague. of course, this game would never be made because there would be no link.

That's not 100% proven. Link still had the Phantom Hourglass, and we saw Linebeck's ship in the background.

many people believe this to be the same case as in LA.

LA took place in a dream but the fact that when Link wakes up at the end, he sees the wind fish swimming away makes him realize it was kind of a real dream (oxymoron =])

in PH, its obvious that they had to be in another dimension or something because the crew says they were gone for ten minutes but the adventure obviously lasted longer than that to them. we also see that link pulls out the PH at the end which shows that it was real but it wasnt real to others.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
Maybe almost all of the Gorons were killed off, because they can't swim that good.
When the floodwaters came in, they all drowned. >.<
What's remaining is just a few merchants trying to make a living.

Maybe almost all of the Gorons were killed off, because they can't swim that good.
When the floodwaters came in, they all drowned. >.<
What's remaining is just a few merchants trying to make a living.

Just because we don't see that many Gorons in Wind Waker does not mean that they were killed off.
I think that the reason we don't see that many Gorons in WW is because for game play purposes there was no point in seeing them.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Just because we don't see that many Gorons in Wind Waker does not mean that they were killed off.
I think that the reason we don't see that many Gorons in WW is because for game play purposes there was no point in seeing them.

agreed. there could be a far off island that you dont ever go to or see that has a community of Gorons living there. the merchants never mention anything about their race being endangered so im assuming they arent. also, that would mean that the few merchants that are left are 100 years old or older because of the amount of time that takes place between OoT and WW

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
Most likely they were wiped out....at least most of them....remember that Goron can't survive on water because they're too heavy and can't float. So my guess it's most of them are either dead, or evolution took over, seeing they're not very fit to live in this world and there's only a few left. Maybe they evolved into something else. Who knows...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Most likely they were wiped out....at least most of them....remember that Goron can't survive on water because they're too heavy and can't float. So my guess it's most of them are either dead, or evolution took over, seeing they're not very fit to live in this world and there's only a few left. Maybe they evolved into something else. Who knows...

as i said, there is absolutely no evidence to support they are dying out. if your race was dying out would you really be traveling the world selling stuff or would you be trying to save your race? chances are that they arent in the game because they werent important to the story. the fact that a few are in the game is pretty good evidence that they are around somewhere and you just never get to go to where they live. i would think that the merchant Gorons would be a little distressed over the fact that there arent many Goron in the world, but they are fine and dandy.

Shnappy

derp
I too, am surprised that the Gorons are actually there after the flooding of Hyrule. But then again, think about it. In Twilight Princess, at Zora's Domain, there is one part underwater where there are, I think, a couple of Gorons. Maybe Gorons can breathe underwater, I don't know, but I'm pretty confident that they actually can.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I too, am surprised that the Gorons are actually there after the flooding of Hyrule. But then again, think about it. In Twilight Princess, at Zora's Domain, there is one part underwater where there are, I think, a couple of Gorons. Maybe Gorons can breathe underwater, I don't know, but I'm pretty confident that they actually can.

they definitely cant. they cant even swim. in MM, when Link turns into a Goron, you would always drown/get hurt when you jumped in water.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
as i said, there is absolutely no evidence to support they are dying out. if your race was dying out would you really be traveling the world selling stuff or would you be trying to save your race? chances are that they arent in the game because they werent important to the story. the fact that a few are in the game is pretty good evidence that they are around somewhere and you just never get to go to where they live. i would think that the merchant Gorons would be a little distressed over the fact that there arent many Goron in the world, but they are fine and dandy.

People die everyday in this world and I don't see you doing anything to save "your" race..... I don't mean to sound harsh....my point is....the fact that their race could be dying.... doesn't mean every single Goron is gonna try and save it. Not everyone is a hero.....not everyone has a triforce of courage and goes out trying to save the world (or its race for that matter) Your are speculating as much as I am...you don't have anything to support what your saying, just like me. And as for them being "fine and dandy"? I don't recall them saying "we have a happy fullfiling life as travelling merchants"....for all we know they could be living in those rafts....not very fine and dandy if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom