• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Random Drawing Contest Week 6

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Main Theme : The Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme : Happy New Year

Sorry peeps, no entries this week. I got to admit, even I had trouble thinking of a good idea.

Week 7 Main Theme : The Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme : Ocarina of Time meets Majora's Mask

Entries are due 1/9/10.

I'm thinking about doing this, but is their any rules to this? I don't really feel like going back to see if their is.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Hey, RP, I have a suggestion. When you present the works, I think it would make it fairer for everyone if you exhibit them as, "Piece 1, Piece 2, etc." or "Art 1, Art 2, etc." rather than display names with them. I only speak for myself but I think it would be easier and fairer if we had an impartial voting group, instead of one who votes for their friends. I know most people don't do that, but some will. If your work is the best, it will be recognized whether it was submitted by a 16-year-old Hylian Knight or a 12-year-old one-hearter. Just my thoughts! :)

^That is actually how we do it on Zelda Universe. I'm almost finished with my piece, but do you submit it in PM or on here?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'm thinking about doing this, but is their any rules to this? I don't really feel like going back to see if their is.

Really the only rules are:

1. It has to be drawn (digitally or by hand)

2. Turn it in by the due date.

3. Do not show anyone the art prior to the competition. Once it's up, you can do whatever you want with it.

Hey, RP, I have a suggestion. When you present the works, I think it would make it fairer for everyone if you exhibit them as, "Piece 1, Piece 2, etc." or "Art 1, Art 2, etc." rather than display names with them. I only speak for myself but I think it would be easier and fairer if we had an impartial voting group, instead of one who votes for their friends. I know most people don't do that, but some will. If your work is the best, it will be recognized whether it was submitted by a 16-year-old Hylian Knight or a 12-year-old one-hearter. Just my thoughts! :)

That is a good idea, but I haven't found any signs of that type of favoritism voting as of yet. I know I Personally want people to know I'm the artist of pictures I've drawn and I'm sure there are others who feel the same. Also, sometimes there are questions about the art piece that only the authors can answer and the best way to do that is to here it from the artist themselves. So thanks for the idea, but until I see a reason that I need to, I'll keep the competition non anonymous.

Now if you want to enter anonymously by yourself, that's a whole different story, I'll allow that if you tell me when you send in your entry.

In PM, posting on here will show other people.

No.

:lol: Uh, thanks for the help FD but I believe they were asking me.

He is right about Personal messaging me though. If you're entry is shown anywhere else before the competition is up, I'll disqualify it because I don't want any pre-voting.

Z

ZeldaNoob15

That is a good idea, but I haven't found any signs of that type of favoritism voting as of yet. I know I Personally want people to know I'm the artist of pictures I've drawn and I'm sure there are others who feel the same. Also, sometimes there are questions about the art piece that only the authors can answer and the best way to do that is to here it from the artist themselves. So thanks for the idea, but until I see a reason that I need to, I'll keep the competition non anonymous.

Now if you want to enter anonymously by yourself, that's a whole different story, I'll allow that if you tell me when you send in your entry.

^^I agree with this. I would like to know exactly who did what by their name associated with it. Nice theme btw RP, you can count me in on this contest.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
To all those who plan on entering, know that if you win the following will happen to your pic.

1. It will be featured in a thread for ZD along with the rest of winners of this contest for the month.

2. It will be placed in ZD's Deviant art account along with the other winners.

3. Until the next winner, it will be displayed as the group pic in the Zelda Art Lovers.

David

But you called me here...
Random Person. You should do the anonymous submitters. You can post them anonymously and then, when the winner is decided, you reveal who the submitters of each work are in both a new post, and an edit to the original post. That'll make sure that no one knows who's is who's.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Random Person. You should do the anonymous submitters. You can post them anonymously and then, when the winner is decided, you reveal who the submitters of each work are in both a new post, and an edit to the original post. That'll make sure that no one knows who's is who's.

I already address this. I don't feel comfortable making it anonymous. If enough people want it like that, or I see signs that people are only voting for name sake then I will change it. Otherwise, it's staying like this.

Adam

Undefeated
I don't really think anonymity/biased voting should be an issue, just stay levelheaded when voting.

Edit: Although I don't see why they can't be anonymous for the voting and then revealed afterwards, sounds fair enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom