• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Evanescence

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
Evanescence
amy_lee_icon_21-6.jpg

This is my favorite band.Come and See

Last edited:

Claire

The Geekette
I've never taken interest in Evanescence, although I know a significant amount of people who enjoy them as well. I prefer metal over alternative rock, and the band closest to Evanescence I enjoy is Within Temptation, which is a symphonic/gothic metal band.

^^ You may like them, I suggest checking them out.

Claire

The Geekette
Is that a boy or a girl in that picture?

I have never heard of that band.

kpllk, the person pictured is a female. You should be able to tell from the appearal, make-up, feminine facial and body features.

Claire

The Geekette
Ick. Emo goth crap. No body needs to listen to that junk.

Hehe, quite odd you'd say that. Especially since Evanescence isn't emotive hardcore, gothic rock, or gothic metal. Tsk, tsk - just because she has the appearance of the stereotypical "goth" or "emo" doesn't mean it is! Evanescence lies more along alternative rock, and sometimes considered alternative metal - but far from gothic metal, gothic rock, or emotive hardcore.

As said by William Alexander... knowledge is power!

If you are looking for emotive hardcore, I suggest Rites of Spring, Fugazi, and Gray Matter.
If you are looking for gothic rock, I suggest Bauhaus, The Sisters of Mercy, and Siouxsie & the Banshees.

Last edited:

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I really enjoyed the Fallen CD when it first came out. I don't listen to it as much, as the lyrics kind of depress me. But it's a very well down album.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Hehe, quite odd you'd say that. Especially since Evanescence isn't emotive hardcore, gothic rock, or gothic metal. Tsk, tsk - just because she has the appearance of the stereotypical "goth" or "emo" doesn't mean it is! Evanescence lies more along alternative rock, and sometimes considered alternative metal - but far from gothic metal, gothic rock, or emotive hardcore.

As said by William Alexander... knowledge is power!

If you are looking for emotive hardcore, I suggest Rites of Spring, Fugazi, and Gray Matter.
If you are looking for gothic rock, I suggest Bauhaus, The Sisters of Mercy, and Siouxsie & the Banshees.

Either way you define it is still a huge steaming pile of horse crap.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I liked one or two musics by them, but i hate them most of the time xD... I have to agree with Lenny D...Within Temptation is the closest thing to it that I hear

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It is common sense to respect other people's tastes... so, be gentle, Chris, and accept that not everyone is like you, and people have diffeent tastes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom