• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time "Mirror Shield"

Which Design is better?

• Old Version

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • New Version

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
for people who played oot both on n64 and gc may have noticed that the design on mirror shield has changed. personally i don 't know why nintendo changed the symbol, because i liked the old symbol. (apperently not only the logo is changed but more things in the game where also changed)

now i read about this issue, something about a protest. as most of u know the crescent moon and the star resembles the logo of the islam (there are more things in the game thats also from other cultures) and they (don't know who "they "are) protested against it. i'm also a muslim, i think its nonsense.

about the new logo (gc version) after i saw it looked really familiar but i could not figure out why. its as if i seen that logo before somewhere. if somebody knows that please tell me.

Old design
oldmirrorshield.jpg

New design
newmirrorshield.jpg

So which Design is better?

Last edited:

linkman8

True and Noble
Personally I like the new design better. I know what you mean about that symbol on the new one, but I just can't think of where I've seen it! If I find out I'll report back.

The old design fits in well since its the original and all. See Nintendo fo America has been f'n things up with the Zelda series due to religous culture since LoZ. AlttP isnt actually named A Link to the past (which is one reason why I laugh at those trying to make out what that title really means) its true name is Triforce of the Gods. They didnt want the name 'gods' in the title here in the US due to it being offensive to certain people. Its the same scenerio with this mirror shield as onilink stated. Even the freakin original theme music from the Fire Temple was taken out since it too was Islam related...

I personally liked the design of th AlttP one the best, oh and that symbol on the redesgined OoT Mirror Shiled is the Gerudo symbol.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
The old design fits in well since its the original and all. See Nintendo fo America has been f'n things up with the Zelda series due to religous culture since LoZ. AlttP isnt actually named A Link to the past (which is one reason why I laugh at those trying to make out what that title really means) its true name is Triforce of the Gods. They didnt want the name 'gods' in the title here in the US due to it being offensive to certain people. Its the same scenerio with this mirror shield as onilink stated. Even the freakin original theme music from the Fire Temple was taken out since it too was Islam related...

I personally liked the design of th AlttP one the best, oh and that symbol on the redesgined OoT Mirror Shiled is the Gerudo symbol.

yeah i know some things where changed, i also know about the fire temple and firece deity mask. the fire temple music resembled the prayer chant of the islam. really as i said before, i'm also a muslim but muslim-people critisize 2 much. ok 2 show the face of mohhamed is one thing, thats logical because its forbiddin in our religion. but small things like this has 2 stop. a other thing that pisses me off is also if they do it theirselfs then nothing is wrong. even in turkisch tv channels, they are making commercials about ringtones about a remixed version of the muslim chant.

also the fierce deity mask was called the Kanji mask(japanese) translated to demonic G*d mask (if i'm not mistakaken) so they changed it to fierce deity. onilink means demon-link so it sounds logical.
also in the earlier versions of oot ganondorf coughed up red blood and they changed it to green blood(making it fictional) just because its not T-rated.

i also know about link to the past a.k.a Triforce of the gods. it up to the people if they believe in G*d or not, i mean we are born as indaviduals right? if you are being so offended by the line "triforce of the gods" then don 't buy the frigging game then.

so Avenged i agree with you about this, really some people (i mean the ones who are against it) need to loosen up.

as for the gerudo symbol, i really think that i saw that somewhere before, maybe in a other nintendo game (except for soul calibur2 gc version, that design is also used there).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 121

The 'new' symbol was originally on ganondorf's cape

Kybyrian

I like the old design better. The second design, it just seems weird because it's really nothing at all. Whereas the design on the first one actually makes a bit sense, and it just looks a bit better to me.

Kybyrian

Forced to take it out due to religion issues? =\ I don't see why that's such a big deal, I mean, it's just a video game. And heck they even have Goddesses on Zelda.

I like the old design better. The second design, it just seems weird because it's really nothing at all. Whereas the design on the first one actually makes a bit sense, and it just looks a bit better to me.

It was the Gerudo symbol and yes Im sure its also on Ganondorfs cape seeing as he is a gerudo and all. And yes, due to religous disputes, as I said before they changed the name Triforce of the Gods to A Link to the Past. And in pretty much every Zelda game,in game text/storylines were also changed in the english version to avoid certain topics. And well Goddesses are seen as a myth, a *** is actual religion.

Last edited:

Kybyrian

A Goddess is a female ***, so it's pretty much the same thing, except for the gender.

The Gerudo symbol, eh? Well I don't like it xD

Meh, I guess some people can be offended by that aspect.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Forced to take it out due to religion issues? =\ I don't see why that's such a big deal, I mean, it's just a video game. And heck they even have Goddesses on Zelda.

i agree with you 100%.

i don 't see the christians complaining about something like this.
loz1.jpg

and that symbol is used like in extreme gore violent games like devil may cry.
its just a symbol, since when do we need copyright premission for symbols that has a religous meaning.

i agree with you 100%.

i don 't see the christians complaining about something like this.
loz1.jpg

and that symbol is used like in extreme gore violent games like devil may cry.
its just a symbol, since when do we need copyright premission for symbols that has a religous meaning.

It isnt copyright permission, its just the whole fact on how politically correct America has to be, namely NOA. As I said...the original games have all the original names and aspects to them in japan. Hyrule Fantasy (dunno why this was changed outside of japan), Legend of Zelda 2 - Adventure of Link (same deal), Triforce of the Gods, Dreaming Island, etc etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom