• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Up With The Goron?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
the only Gorons in the game (that i know of) are the traveling merchants, and i think its the same merchant (is it?), but anyway, where are the Goron at. if WW takes place hundreds of years after the flooding took place, and there is at least one Goron around then wouldnt that mean there are others?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Nah. Each one is different. Proven by the fact that one of them is looking for something that another has.

No, all the Traveling Merchants are different Gorons.

I don't know everything, but there are apparently Gorons around, since the Merchants are there. There are more of them in Phantom Hourglass, which is a sequel to WW. There's a whole island inhabited by them. But I haven't played PH. T_T

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
so the map in WW is not the whole world map right? because isnt PH just like a completely different map and completely different islands? maybe the merchant Gorons just came from a different part of the ocean that is not apart of the WW map.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
PH is supposed to be some sort of dream world. So it isn't connected to the TWW map at all.

so the map in WW is not the whole world map right? because isnt PH just like a completely different map and completely different islands? maybe the merchant Gorons just came from a different part of the ocean that is not apart of the WW map.
Not one Zelda game had a completely comprehensive map. Even games which took place a very short time after on another (OoT and TP, for example) don't include the same areas.

So, yeah. The maps were probably meant to kind of go together. They're just places you don't go to in the other game.

Keep in mind, every single Zelda game is at least a little stand-alone.

EDIT:
PH is supposed to be some sort of dream world. So it isn't connected to the TWW map at all.
Oh, nevermind. That's weird...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
well if PH is a dream world, then that means that the goron island in the game doesnt exist, which still does not explain where the Gorons are or the merchant gorons came from. also, at the end of PH, Link still has the phantom hourglass with him, proving that the adventure he went on, really took place.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well sure it takes place. That doesn't change the fact that it isn't physically connected to the rest of the world.

Well, one way or another, the Gorons are around.

Maybe they're a nomadic, gypsy-sort now. Who knows? We need more games that take place in the Great Sea.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i disagree. no more great see games, instead they need a game inbetween OoT and WW, but we will never get that because we know that there wasnt a Link between those two games. unless they make a spin off game, i dont think we will know the specifics of the flood and the people who survived it.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
we pretty much know what happens, and it depends on what people think.

Link and Tetra find a new land to start a new Hyrule. thats about it. they have two games in the same world, there shouldnt be anymore than that. OoT and MM, LoZ and AoL, OoS and OoA, WW and PH...

we dont need a sequel to PH, make a new zelda in a new time period.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
if they do that, then HUGE gaps between the games wont get explained, and i believe those are more important if we ever want a clear timeline.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
if they do that, then HUGE gaps between the games wont get explained, and i believe those are more important if we ever want a clear timeline.

Nintendo typically ignores huge gaps between the games. They don't really care. It is annoying. But that is how it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom