• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I have a suggestion. I don't know whether this is possible or not, but I've found that in some threads that go for a few pages, it is hard to find your post and read it again. So maybe you could add something that when you click on it, it goes to your post or at least the page with your post? That would be very helpful.
PS I know there is a find your posts link, but that is a very long list and I cannot find it there easily either.

Austin

Austin
I have a suggestion. I don't know whether this is possible or not, but I've found that in some threads that go for a few pages, it is hard to find your post and read it again. So maybe you could add something that when you click on it, it goes to your post or at least the page with your post? That would be very helpful.
PS I know there is a find your posts link, but that is a very long list and I cannot find it there easily either.
I'm assuming you're referring to the feature on your profile when you say Find your Posts link, and if so there is already a way to do this. Hit the Search Thread button at the top of every thread, and then Advanced Search, then type in your username into the appropriate box. Any posts you've made in that specific thread will show up.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I'm assuming you're referring to the feature on your profile when you say Find your Posts link, and if so there is already a way to do this. Hit the Search Thread button at the top of every thread, and then Advanced Search, then type in your username into the appropriate box. Any posts you've made in that specific thread will show up.
He's right you know when I 1st on ZD I found the tactic Austin is mentioning above to be very useful.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Hm, I did not know that. I'd actually like a way to have a blog too, as jedizora said. That way we'd be able to see what each other is doing zelda-wise, and we could give tips and tricks to others who have the time and awesomeness to check out the blogs.

^ havent used it recently, but it was working the last time I did....

Anyways. I was wondering if there is a way so that if you accidently hit a 'hard backspace' and it takes you back a page, and you go forward again, that it wont erase the text I've been working so hard on preparing. I've had this happen quite a few times recently and its very frustrating. And usually when it occurs I decide to not bother posting. On other websites when a similar situation has happened, it has 'saved' the information put in the text box and my precious posting work was waiting for my return.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Wouldn't it be better if the vistor messages weren't so unorginized? We should only see the people that we talk to or the people that talk to us, and then we get to view the conversation with that one person, instead of a whole bunch of differen't messages. I know it seems pointless, but it could be cool.

^ havent used it recently, but it was working the last time I did....

Anyways. I was wondering if there is a way so that if you accidently hit a 'hard backspace' and it takes you back a page, and you go forward again, that it wont erase the text I've been working so hard on preparing. I've had this happen quite a few times recently and its very frustrating. And usually when it occurs I decide to not bother posting. On other websites when a similar situation has happened, it has 'saved' the information put in the text box and my precious posting work was waiting for my return.

I'm going to agree with this, it is so damn annoying when something like that happens, because then I have to rewrite my entire post, and if it was a fairly long post, I lack the motivation at that point to post in the thread again for a long time. It's a pain to deal with when the forums are "flooded" too, as even though it usually saves it, I've had an instance or two when I don't get any of my text back.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Oh, I almost forgot. Why can't we edit older post? It feels like I'm spamming in the video game section too much. I make a list of video games I want and have and I want to edit it over time. Not post it over and over with updates.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Well, I already suggested reopening the art of the month thing that ZD used to have before, but another thing that I would like to point out is the Avatar size. Is there a possibility the avatar requirement will be changed soon, so I can make mine bigger? (but not too big obviously.) :/

Wouldn't it be better if the vistor messages weren't so unorginized? We should only see the people that we talk to or the people that talk to us, and then we get to view the conversation with that one person, instead of a whole bunch of differen't messages. I know it seems pointless, but it could be cool.

There actually is a way ;) Its just like old facebook really you have a "wall to wall" if you click view conversation....
help1.jpg

If you click on "view conversation" it pulls up the back and forth talk between you and that person. Since I didnt have any other messages with Claire, I used Keyshe as an example.

help2.jpg

Hope that helps (you can click on the thumbnails to see for yourself. I circled the view conversation button, so hopefully you can find it)

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

That's actually a browser issue more than a site issue.

For one thing, some browsers already do keep the text if you move off the page, but others lose it all. Also, it's usually possible to configure your browser not to use "Backspace" as the back button.

I always set my browser not to use "Backspace" in that fashion, because it would always cause me to get kicked back while typing something. The excuse I get is that someone a long time ago decided that was the "standard" functionality for that key in a browser, and everyone else followed. Sigh. That's tradition for you, huh?

Jedizora

:right:
You should be able to make more then 5 groups. Also I was trying to delete the middle generation zd members group, which I created and its not letting me delete it!

That's actually a browser issue more than a site issue.

For one thing, some browsers already do keep the text if you move off the page, but others lose it all. Also, it's usually possible to configure your browser not to use "Backspace" as the back button.

I always set my browser not to use "Backspace" in that fashion, because it would always cause me to get kicked back while typing something. The excuse I get is that someone a long time ago decided that was the "standard" functionality for that key in a browser, and everyone else followed. Sigh. That's tradition for you, huh?

Well this same version of FF and default browser that I always use both at Legendofzelda.com and ZeldaDungeon.net and yet LoZ saves if I go back and forward and ZD does not. Also I've searched high and low throughout all my FF settings and cannot find the place to have it not set the backspace as a 'back' button. Believe me, I always try problem solving for myself before making suggestions. its so much easier when you just have control, ya know?

I've got two:
First, can we put some small requirements to access forum games? I'm not asking for anything big, but some that will at least increase the people's activity in other sections that would normally spend their time in there. I was thinking about what the requirements should be, and here's what I came up with:
30 posts (I was originally thinking 50)
25 reputation points
A ZD age of 15 days (I was originally thinking a month)

Second, can we not have the Forum Games section visible to guests?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom