• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Kart

I was playing mario art 64 the other day and i noticed that no zelda characters were there.Why? link is on super smash bros but not mario kart couldt they give link epona to ride in the race ?

Makar

I am the wannabe Kokiri!
Haha! I seen this post and it made me laugh, the main problem with Zelda themes being in Mario kart is what could link or Zelda drive? I have decided a cell shaded toon-like covered wagon, with toon link driving it possibly with zelda beside him? :D

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Link is not connected to Mario at all. It's called Mario Kart, because all the characters have been in atleast one game with the plumber or someone who has been in a game with him. Donkey Kong started out with Mario and has appeared in many other Mario games with him, so he's allowed and so are any characters that have been in a game with Donkey Kong. Yoshi has been in many games with Mario so the same can be said with him.

Smash bros is altogether different. Notice how it isn't called Super Smash Mario Bros. It doesn't take one franchise and make a game baased off it. It takes ALL the franchises and makes a game baased off of ALL of them. If you want to add Link to Mario Kart, you'd have to add Samus, Kirby, Fox and other characters that have nothing to do with Mario. Then it would be called Nintendo Kart.

I would also hate to see A Zelda Kart because Mario has built itself up on being a variety game. Not only going on adventures, but playing sports, having parties, etc. With the exception of the recent archery game, Zelda has stuck to mainly an adventure franchise, which is where it should stay. Zelda games are to be taken more seriously while Mario games incorporate a lot of silliness. It's similar to how I felt when Jak and Daxter came out with a racing game, and almost similar to Sonic's racing game. If I suddenly saw a Zelda Kart, or Link in a Mario Kart game, I would think it was some attempt of Nintendo to desperately make money. This in no way means it wouldn't be fun or good. Just not Zelda.

Of course, that wouldn't stop me from buying it.

Last edited:
Haha! I seen this post and it made me laugh, the main problem with Zelda themes being in Mario kart is what could link or Zelda drive? I have decided a cell shaded toon-like covered wagon, with toon link driving it possibly with zelda beside him? :D

He wouldn't drive anything, he would be running with his Pegasus Boots instead :lol:

Link isn't the connected to mario like Random Person said. And plus if there was zelda kart I think there would not be many players to chose from.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Hey, I had the same idea.
But Mario Kart is to do with Mario. Super Smash bros. Brawl is Nintendo universal (kind of).

Also, the only "Karts" that could be used are Epona and the Train. Nothing else. So that wouldn't work out.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
Mario is a flexible character he can play sports, drive, and party. While on the other hand Link isn't as flexible, he is stuck in medieval times, kind of, and what would he drive? Epona, a wagon, a Dodongo, heheheh Link riding a Dodongo :D

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
A Zelda themed Mario Kart? Sweet. I think Link would ride Epona, Young Zelda would ride with Impa on their white horse, Adult Zelda would just ride everywhere on the same horse, Ganondorf? Horse. Gerudo Black Stallion version. On second thought, maybe everyone should just have a horse. (Except Shadow Bokoblins, who would ride Shadow Kargoroks.)

I wouldn't mind a Nintendo Kart. A Zelda Kart on it's own wouldn't work too well. But if you combine elements from a lot of Nintendo games, like items and courses, it could be a decent game. Toss in Wi-Fi Connection and I'm sold!

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I really wouldn't like to see this in action. I feel like Zelda is supposed to be a franchise that Nintendo is supposed to take seriously, and the Mario franchise is the one that they can throw these kinds of games at. I mean, if I had to see Ganon throwing a green shell at Zelda I'd probably die a little inside... it really wouldn't sit right with me, and I'd think you'd have a lot of upset Zelda fans, to be honest.

Master

Upcoming
Well , I see mario as a game series that can easily have spin offs , like Mario kart and/or Luigi's Manshion , but i really don't see The Legend of Zelda able to that well . I understand that Tingles rupee land was released , but i think was kinda okay to do . But that probably why they don't add Zelda characters in Mario Kart...^^

Z

zantisbad2

Well Pac man,Ms Pac Man and Blinky don't appear in any mario game yet all 3 were in Mario Kart Arcade Gp. So if Pac Man, Ms Pac Man and Blinky can be in a Mario Kart game Link and Zelda can too!

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
Thinking of Legend of Zelda characters in Mario Kart doesn't seem right. The games only have characters from Super Mario games not Legend of Zelda, Sonic, other games and Mario its not right. If its called Mario Kart it only has Super Mario game characters now if it was called Nintendo Kart maybe then would it have Legend of Zelda, Sonic, Mario, and other characters from other games in it.

Z

zantisbad2

Mario Kart gp

Thinking of Legend of Zelda characters in Mario Kart doesn't seem right. The games only have characters from Super Mario games not Legend of Zelda, Sonic, other games and Mario its not right. If its called Mario Kart it only has Super Mario game characters now if it was called Nintendo Kart maybe then would it have Legend of Zelda, Sonic, Mario, and other characters from other games in it.

Pac Man , Ms Pac Man and Blinky were in Mario Kart arcade gp so you if they can be in a mario kart link can too

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
That is most likely because it was a special edition to Mario Kart and like I said before it is Mario Kart not Nintendo Kart so unless it is a special edition of Mario Kart it will only have Super Mario game characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom