• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, people, we need to actually start voting now, I'm pretty sure that tonight is the last day of the "day"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Because insulting us is what's going to make everything in your favour, right?

Most definitely, ya don't like it... then get a majority to kill me, eh?

The truth stands, you 3 offered NO evidence aside from the fact that I tried to get you killed, and yet dont sway at all in your views. I've explained everything I've done, I've been completely transparent. And yet you 3 are "so sure" that I need to be eliminated. How are you "so sure"? What was the cause of events that lead you into thinking so? The fact that your views so strongly change from day two to day 3, shows me that A) foul play is involved or :cool: the dramatic shift in events means you're actually feeling guilty.

The idea of knowing Durion received a message from HoT "Thanking him for the Help" Which Durion thinks could only be referring to the mafia game, shows me that HoT had nothing to accuse me on, and I wouldnt be surprised if he was going off of misinformation that was given to him because of Kokiron. This game isnt fair anymore. It really hasnt been fair since the beginning.

The truth stands, you 3 offered NO evidence aside from the fact that I tried to get you killed, and yet dont sway at all in your views.

You, on the other hand, offered NO new evidence since that one quote I said about MK9. One quote.

Then, you tried to convince everyone that I'm linked with the mafia because I ignored some of your posts. You had nothing else on me that would stick so that must be why you said that.

MAnd yet you 3 are "so sure" that I need to be eliminated.

When and where did I ever say I wanted you to be eliminated? Maybe you're just fabricating evidence, like me ignoring some of your posts.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Mafia time! :xd:
I'm on the fence about Zack125 and Baysiderulez.
Zack125 does seem like an inexpirienced mafia, and Baysiderulez has just been coming off scummy. I could be that she was trying to lead the townies in the wrong direction and then the whole thing backfired. On the other hand her original motives did seem like that of a legitimate townie.
Zack125 isn't doing very well at defending himself. It could be that he's just too lazy to read the posts like the rest of us who are actually into the game, but because of his activity lately he's probably just ignoring the parts of Baysiderulez's posts that bring up accusatory evidence.

Vote: Zack125

I'm worried about Durion and Hanyou because of Zelda_8's post and Kokirion's post. I don't like that it happened, but it's hard to ignore. I know that as staff and people who are networking on the site they have lots of communication. I have no doubt it could be 100% innocent, so IGMEOY: Durion & Hanyou.

Din Akera

Sniper
This thread is quite difficult to bear with. I don't actually enjoy reading this thread.

Kokirion, you cheated. There's no hope in denying it. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse to break them. Would a judge forgive for murder if you didn't know not to do it? No. And so we won't forgive you. I did apologize for the way a spoke to you, and that's all I will apologize for. I would really appreciate if any further conversation on this topic would be removed from this thread. Keep it VM's and PM's.

Baysiderulez, you should know better than to drag this argument all over this thread. That being said. I'm on your side of this argument, but I don't like how you're handling it. You were provoked, yes but it shouldn't create this response.

Mafia time! :xd:
I'm on the fence about Zack125 and Baysiderulez.
Zack125 does seem like an inexpirienced mafia, and Baysiderulez has just been coming off scummy. I could be that she was trying to lead the townies in the wrong direction and then the whole thing backfired. On the other hand her original motives did seem like that of a legitimate townie.
Zack125 isn't doing very well at defending himself. It could be that he's just too lazy to read the posts like the rest of us who are actually into the game, but because of his activity lately he's probably just ignoring the parts of Baysiderulez's posts that bring up accusatory evidence.

I'm worried about Durion and Hanyou because of Zelda_8's post and Kokirion's post. I don't like that it happened, but it's hard to ignore. I know that as staff and people who are networking on the site they have lots of communication. I have no doubt it could be 100% innocent, so IGMEOY: Durion & Hanyou.

I agree with every single point made in this post, the first and second halves. I have read up on the thread and I think that this has gotten out of hand. The cheating needs to stop, or the game isn;t fun for anyone. And I don't feel Jo is scum. This 'come on guys let's get this going is very usual play for her. The anger is different yes, but I think we can all see why she is upset. i know I agree with her, so. On the debate, i am inclinded to side now.

And as much as the evidence is useless, Hanyou and Durion now have suspicion. BUT, I don't believe it is enough to hold anything solid. THey both legitimately have roles on the website that warrent PMing in large quantity and I don't think there is any real reason to suspect them.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Day ends pretty soon doesn't it? Well, since I've stated my views already on the arguments the last few real life days, I'mma just stick with my gut instinct.

Vote: zack125

And now, a moment of silence, in honor of the death of poor Fufu, for just two minutes ago...FUFU DIED EATING BANANA PUDDING

Austin

Austin
Anyone who is dead cannot post in this thread. Failure to listen will result in an infraction. Consider this your warning. I've removed any posts relating to that fight and I don't want to see one again.

Also important, Viral Maze has offered to co-mod this game with me. Basically, he'll work with me to keep a record of everyone's votes and queries, along with correcting any users that are out of line.

Finally, the day will end in about eight hours.

I'm not going to defend myself because, honestly, Baysiderulez gave me exactly what I wanted. There's a reason why I never defended myself to every single of her posts and I'll explain myself once the game's over.

I've read the last few pages and it really seems that Jo is putting up some good defenses and arguments. I have not been involved in any other rounds, so I have no say on any change in her gameplay. I believe her arguments against zack125 are sound and definitely warrant some attention.

I'm not going to defend myself because, honestly, Baysiderulez gave me exactly what I wanted. There's a reason why I never defended myself to every single of her posts and I'll explain myself once the game's over.
Are you admitting that all her accusations are right? This statement just heightens my suspicion.

But you would know that and would just be steering us in the wrong direction once again now wouldn't you Mr. Zach... I seem to recall you incriminating MK9 in one of your posts early early in the game... how is it the Mafia has left you alone... unless you were possibly one of them...

FoS: Zach125

I'd just like to point out this post...

This is what started the debate between Zack and Jo. Jo accused Zack of imcriminating Master Kokiri 9...who turned out to be Mafia. I have no idea how she twisted this so that you would all believe that Zack is scum. She based this entire attack of virtually no evidence at all, and if Jo is scum, I wouldn't be surprised if Zack had a power role. And she's managed to make 4 of you believe that Zack is scum. If she is correct, and he is scum, then I'll be sure she is Mafia, because she will have worked out he was mafia from apparent evidence.

I'll go back and see if she actually has any legitimate reasons for this attack on him, because it's seems too perfect that she managed to take no evidence and cause a death from it. Maybe I've missed something...

Okay...this should be an EBWODP.

This one

Strategic foreshadowing? Or lightly hinting at one of your fellow goons? I'm more inclined to believe the latter... But it wouldn't be fair to not hear your defense.

She claims that it's strategic foreshadowing or Zack selling up one of his fellow Mafia. What water does this actually hold? It's a very weak accusation based on little or no evidence at all, other than the way that he worded what he said when he tried to say that he was trying to say that we don't know whether or not he will be Mafia or not. He said that because even though the odds are low, there are still odds that he could be Mafia 3 times in a row. He even said what he tried to say...

Second of all, the rules implies not to trust anyone. I said that bolded part because I found it unlikely at the time that he might be scum three times but that didn’t made him invincible from suspicions.

Moving on...

Before I die it would be nice to know I've gathered intelligence on at least a few of the scum and give it to the town to go off of. Regardless of whether you are or not, we need to start discussing less about "what roles do what, or have what ability" and more about who we are. Else this game will never progress... (remember last game I was the ONLY one who even suspected MK9 as mafia, until Din decided to kill him SEVERAL nights later.

Why did she feel the need to try and remind us of her sucess in past games? I believe it was to make sure people knew that she is good at Mafia, and therefore would be more likely to believe that Zack is scum without actually questioning the basis on which she finds Zack suspicious.

Reality. Was that meant to be offensive for those of us trying to play the game. or is that really your defense. Because it lacks anything to do with this game. And you must really think these townspeople be stupid to think that you can say something like that to shrug off suspicion.

She then puts forward her vote because his defense was that he was busy in real life, and shook that off as a real defense. I seem to recall that last game, K4 used this defense and didn't have his defense wiped away, I don't think that Jo even questioned it. So why is she questioning Zack this round? He was on the forum a lot of the time, I questioned that defense when I saw that he had been in the shoutbox for several hours of many occasions.

If you can't understand that people have lives outside the internet, then I don't have to defend myself. As for this game, vote me off. I have nothing to hide.

Zack goes onto state that his defense is that he has a life outside of the internet, which is an actual defense for why he's not been posting a lot. I'd be a lot more busy and have little time to make the analytical posts that I do if I was actually doing what I was meant to be doing and not having fun. I'd also like to point out that everytime the "Lynch me, I have nothing to hide" tactic has been used, the person we lynched has been a Townie. When people are Mafia, they are generally happier than if they were to become a Townie and care more about staying alive...

A little snippity are we? You totally turned "flying under the radar" into something completely different. Now let me say it again. And this time maybe you'll stop jumping to conclusions about "having a life" or other wise being offended.. cuz honestly if youre offended I'm accusing you, you're only proving further that you are scum.

Alright now... I suspected you on day one, but I stayed quiet because well it wasn't obvious you were trying to rat out MK9. You planted a seed very subtlely. I'm egging on that you would have hoped someone would pick on it and he would have been lynched gaining you the towns trust. The very same tactic MK9 used against Atsuma. Unfortuneatly we aren't exactly dealing with a proactive town, so your little plan did not succeed. And you grazed on by not being suspicious at all till the death of MK9, revealing he was scum.

I find that suspicious, and you seem to think that its ridiculous that I would even think that. And then you go on about "having a life" "reality" or other wise insulting anyone who ever posts on any forum. That "I have a life" thing is lame. and completely irrelevant to this game or what I was accusing you of. The fact that you even bring it up is to say that you are declaring yourself to be better then the rest of us. So cut the attitude.

My vote remains.

The first section is irrelavent, as he was offended because of what he interpretated what she said to be, not that she accused him.
What she defines as subtlely must mean something that is extremely subtle, as all he said is that Master Kokiri is unlikely to be Mafia for a 3rd time, but that it's not impossible. THP said that it was unlikely for someone to get the same role twice in a row last round (I can't remember who it was though, probably Master Kokiri), which is basically the same thing Zack said. I don't think Jo questioned that either. The final paragraph is more than likely an attempt to anger us into voting for Zack as she has subtlely implanted into our minds that Zack meant that he was better than us, which is a good tactic to use.

Before any of you think "Why is he trying to protect Zack?", I'm not, I'm trying to get you to question the actual reasons that you are all voting for him, and possibly allowing yourselves to be lead so easily by Jo, someone that we know (and practically admitted) is very good at Mafia. I'm not actually sure on Zack's alignment, but I know for a fact that Jo seems more suspicious then Zack currently does. Jo's seems to be pushing very hard with little evidence to get Zack killed for some reason.

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Current Tally:
Zack125 - 5(Baysiderulez, TheGreen, Din Akera, Xinnamin, Master Link)
Baysiderulez - 2(Hero of Time, Durion)
Hero of Time - 1(Jetter)

No vote cast:
TreeHuggerPanda
KrazyKyuubi
Icetomeetyou
zack125
Ver-go-a-go-go
link to present
green goron
Dracomajora
Chise
Hanyou

With 18 players alive, it takes a 10 vote majority to lynch.

Deadline is quickly approaching!

KrazyKyuubi

OH SNAPPLE
Narnia...And sometimes Pocket Asian's box
So this whole thing between zack125 and BSR is what we're focused on, right? I hope.

I kind think BSR's is pushing it a little with zack125. And after reading Durion's last post I kinda agree that's she's more suspicious.

Of course that could all be a plot by Durion and zack who are really Mafia trying to protect themselves by making BSR look like a Mafia instead when she's really a townie.

Uh...

I think I'm gonna vote for BSR, mostly because I still suspect her more, and she only has two votes now and zack has 5 so if I vote for her she probably still won't die. Unless a bunch of other people vote for her. Oh God, my head...I was never good at these kinds of games. Practice makes perfect though, right? X_x

Vote: Baysiderulez

Austin

Austin
It's been brought to my attention that two more players have cheated, Baysiderulez and TreeHuggerPanda. I was messaged a PM conversation between the two of them from a highly reliable source, so I'm considering it to be real. Due to this incident, both of them will be modkilled. They were the Godmother and Cop, respectively. If you're wondering why I didn't bother to write a death scene for the two of them, it's because I'm not at all happy with what's been going on in this game and don't want to cast any sort of amusing light on it. This is the perfect example of what happens when players cheat. They seriously **** the game up, and no one is happy. So if anyone feels the undeniable urge to cheat in any future rounds of Mafia, just keep this in mind.

Additionally, I'd imagine that this news may cause you to rethink your vote over some more, so I'm extending the deadline until the 28th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom