• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one

This sentence reminds of Master Kokiri 9. During the first game, he made a lot of analysis on people and it was later revealed that he was the serial killer. Fast forward to the second game and he uses the same strategy, even used it against one of his own. Although I seriously don't think he may be scum three times in a row, but you may never know.

Strategic foreshadowing? Or lightly hinting at one of your fellow goons? I'm more inclined to believe the latter... But it wouldn't be fair to not hear your defense.

Strategic foreshadowing? Or lightly hinting at one of your fellow goons? I'm more inclined to believe the latter... But it wouldn't be fair to not hear your defense.

First of all, you're more inclined to believe I'm mafia based on one quote? No wait, not a quote but on a 5-word end of a sentence. If you truly believe I'm mafia, then build a case against me, find more quotes and I'll be glad to defend myself more.

Second of all, the rules implies not to trust anyone. I said that bolded part because I found it unlikely at the time that he might be scum three times but that didn’t made him invincible from suspicions.

Finally, why wait until now to question me? My quote was posted during the first day and yet you waited until now to question me.

Why wait until now? I think that's a little bit obvious. I'm trying to gather some leads. Which at this time we seem to have NONE as a group. Which is the exact same scenario that lead to my death last time, but at this point I really do not care... I have yet to survive day 4 in ANY mafia game. And I highly doubt it will remain that way in this game.

Before I die it would be nice to know I've gathered intelligence on at least a few of the scum and give it to the town to go off of. Regardless of whether you are or not, we need to start discussing less about "what roles do what, or have what ability" and more about who we are. Else this game will never progress... (remember last game I was the ONLY one who even suspected MK9 as mafia, until Din decided to kill him SEVERAL nights later.

Perhaps if the cop could share some light... obviously in a discrete way to AVOID being nightkilled that would be helpful... If the doctor protected anyone on night one, that would be good info to have as well. If we know who they are targeting, we can better establish who is scum and who is innocent.

Is it just chance that the nightkills have taken out power roles? I think not. We are obviously dealing with a powerful, smart and deceiving mafia. I would hate to see the mafia win. So it's about time we kick it into high gear. You flew under the radar the past 2 days... Now I am acknowledging that it was probably a mistake to allow you to do so. So if you would like to defend yourself I will listen, if not. My suspicion will remain.

The problem with this mafia game (and the last one for that matter) is the mafia seems to be the only group working together. As a town we suck, we are not communicating with each other and therefore we cannot bounce ideas off of each other. Lets gather some group cohesiveness and work together and fight some scum, k?

You flew under the radar the past 2 days... Now I am acknowledging that it was probably a mistake to allow you to do so. So if you would like to defend yourself I will listen, if not. My suspicion will remain.

The reason I'm flying under the radar is because of one simple fact: reality.

The reason I'm flying under the radar is because of one simple fact: reality.

Reality. Was that meant to be offensive for those of us trying to play the game. or is that really your defense. Because it lacks anything to do with this game. And you must really think these townspeople be stupid to think that you can say something like that to shrug off suspicion.

Vote: Zack125

Reality. Was that meant to be offensive for those of us trying to play the game. or is that really your defense. Because it lacks anything to do with this game. And you must really think these townspeople be stupid to think that you can say something like that to shrug off suspicion.

If you can't understand that people have lives outside the internet, then I don't have to defend myself. As for this game, vote me off. I have nothing to hide.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
There is one issue I would like to address as of now. The godfather.

So far, only our mods have been the godfather (Hanyou, in Mafia Round One, Kybyrian, in Mafia Round Two). I'm not saying that one of the mods playing is the godfather, but I'm just pointing out that every godfather before has been a mod.

But, the bigger thing I had in mind that I would also like to address is that everyone who has a special night ability. Which means that we can only lynch the godfather. Which means we always have to make use of our lynching ability. Which means, we need to analyze people more often, and interpret from their posts and use our judgement to tell if the person's scum or not...

Coming Soon: THP's Analysis Special. Join us analyzing scum.

EBWODP

Now, the first person who is on my list of people who strike and struck me a suspicious is Durion. And I am doing these in the order of which they were from PJ's list of members playing.

And we begin THP's Analysis Special on Durion.

Durion:

At first glance, he seems just like a humble townie, but this post:

This debate is completely useless too, because it's not really that relavent to the game.

Really caught my eye, after kokirion said he started the debate, which he kind of did, but he was replying to a post of kokirion's. That post earned him a spot on my Mafia note taking sheet. (I'm trying to avoid the mistake we did last round, so I decided to start taking notes)

Seriously? Don't make me laugh...

That's because I was trying to tell you what Chise meant...he said could end very quickly, but then you started talking about an entirely different game as far as I'm aware. =P

Then I took him off, since he defended himself well, at least in my opinion...

And he continues to seem just to be a townie to me, helping out the confused, and answering some questions.

Time passes, and we go into voting.

The only reason I have suddenly found AwesomeLink more suspicious than Icetomeetyou is because I think her posting is more of a beginners mistake, whereas AwesomeLink has history in the game.

Durion voted for Awesome. And he was a townie. Could just be a dumb/noob mistake, but with his experience with mafia, I was in high doubts, so I put him back on.

I do agree with the fact that you are all suspicious of Axe because he isn't posting, whereas he is usually very active. However, I still don't think that it warrants a vote, whilst Hero of Time has keep switching his votes around all over the place now. So...

IGMEOY: Axle the Beast
FoS: Hero of Time.

The quote you are referring to made me laugh. To be honest, I thought that it was just him either being arrogant by suggesting he's the only way that we will win this round because he thinks he's that awesome, or that he has a pro-townie role...It's not really that suspicious though, just a noob mistake.

See below for the section about Hero of Time for why I think this post was suspicious and he did give Axle his eyes. And Axle was a townie.

You make a good point, but all of those 3 membes were killed by different factions. AwesomeLink was lynched on the first day, Kybyrian was killed by the Mafia on the first night and finally, Axle the Beast was killed off by the Vigilante. So it doesn't really tie Kokirion down to any 3 of those roles yet. And only one of them was killed by a faction that we want dead, being the Mafia. I'll make an analysis of him later though, as he is very suspicious, so for now...

FoS: kokirion.

Gave kokirion a FoS. And he was a townie.

Truthfully, if this was Durion's first game playing Mafia, I would've just assumed that he was a noob at this game. But he's not. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but I'm going to give him a solid HoS.

And no, that was not an edit. I swear. (I just noticed that every time I preview my post, it counts as an edit, but am I not allowed to preview my post?)

And I know better from editing my posts in Mafia, so:P

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
There is one issue I would like to address as of now. The godfather.

So far, only our mods have been the godfather (Hanyou, in Mafia Round One, Kybyrian, in Mafia Round Two). I'm not saying that one of the mods playing is the godfather, but I'm just pointing out that every godfather before has been a mod.
First off, status on the site has nothing to do with role since roles are picked at random. And secondly, pretty sure Kybyrian wasn't even a mod when Mafia round 2 started. ;3

Little bunny FuFu hoppin' through the forest scoopin' up the field mice and boppin' them on the head~

If you can't understand that people have lives outside the internet, then I don't have to defend myself. As for this game, vote me off. I have nothing to hide.

A little snippity are we? You totally turned "flying under the radar" into something completely different. Now let me say it again. And this time maybe you'll stop jumping to conclusions about "having a life" or other wise being offended.. cuz honestly if youre offended I'm accusing you, you're only proving further that you are scum.

Alright now... I suspected you on day one, but I stayed quiet because well it wasn't obvious you were trying to rat out MK9. You planted a seed very subtlely. I'm egging on that you would have hoped someone would pick on it and he would have been lynched gaining you the towns trust. The very same tactic MK9 used against Atsuma. Unfortuneatly we aren't exactly dealing with a proactive town, so your little plan did not succeed. And you grazed on by not being suspicious at all till the death of MK9, revealing he was scum.

I find that suspicious, and you seem to think that its ridiculous that I would even think that. And then you go on about "having a life" "reality" or other wise insulting anyone who ever posts on any forum. That "I have a life" thing is lame. and completely irrelevant to this game or what I was accusing you of. The fact that you even bring it up is to say that you are declaring yourself to be better then the rest of us. So cut the attitude.

My vote remains.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
The only person I'm seeing as slightly suspicious now is Tree. She's really trying to convince us that Durion is a Mafia. Almost dead set on it. Nothing about them seems really suspicious to me. They way they speak just seems like they're trying out a strategy. This is their first time playing right? They seem like someone who's just making observations about the game and defending themselves, as anyone who is accused would.
Xinna is a bit suspicious as well. She seems so carefree so maybe she's in a power role, like the Godfather. Who cannot be nightkilled, looks innocent, basically cannot be touched. They can only die by way of lynch. Who would be that calm during Mafia unless they knew that it would be hard for them to get killed?

So cut the attitude.

I'm only going to respond to this. Cut the attitude? Seriously? I'm not the one who has an attitude right now.You're the one who react very strongly when I responded that I'm flying under the radar. You're the one who said that I must "think all these people are stupid", you're the one who said I'm "offending them", you're the one who said I think I'm "declaring myself better than the rest". Not only that but you made three whole paragraphs about it. In reality, what did I ever say? One sentence. One sentence to respond as to why I was flying under the radar.

But you know what, if such an answer I gave was so obvious to you, why did you ask that I'm flying under the radar?

You're way too quick to vote zack just because he(like most of us) has a real life. Are you serious? That is just ridiculous. You jump to conclusions way too much. And if I remember correctly, you had a high suspicion of Kokirion who was a townie.

And then later, zack explained himself fine, and you said something like "until you defend yourself my vote remains" or something like that. When in fact, he had just defended himself. You're just way too dangerous to be a townie. Not to mention how much you mention how we have an experienced Mafia.

TCtV(this close to a vote): BSR

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
First off, status on the site has nothing to do with role since roles are picked at random. And secondly, pretty sure Kybyrian wasn't even a mod when Mafia round 2 started. ;3

Well, I kind of thought that was kind of pattern was weird, but I guess that status doesn't earn you a better role...

but all we know is that the godfather knows how to play, so that leaves... (*begins to count out veterans who have at least played Mafia or GW before*)

Durion
TreeHuggerPanda
TheGreen
zack125
Ver-go-a-go-go
Din Akera
Hero of Time
Jetter
Baysiderulez
link to present
green goron
Xinnamin
Dracomajora
Chise
Hanyou

...and I took out everyone who already died, so that leaves these people. And tell me if I'm missing someone:P

How do you plead your case, SFG? (Suspects for Godfather)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom