• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so last time I saw this, I kinda went TREESTUMP at it cus I didn't know what to make of it. Well, recent events have enlightened me to the possibility that it's a code with some genuine meaning (brilliant deduction eh? lol). So...taking the most simple number to letter code out there...

8=H
1=A
14=N
24=X
15=O
21=U

...Hanxou. I'm gonna assume she miscounted and that it's supposed to say Hanyou. Recall that zelda_8 is also the roleblocker. Any thoughts?

And a random aside for your entertainment: ENERGIZER BUNNY *clap clap clap*

OH MY GOD! I didn't realize that! I agree, she was the roleblocker, and the fact that one of the nightkills wasn't used the first night, and zelda8 died the next night, and another nightkill was there. Not to mention how he rarely posts and was always suspicious of Kokirion who was a townie.

FoS: Hanyou

OH MY GOD! I didn't realize that! I agree, she was the roleblocker, and the fact that one of the nightkills wasn't used the first night, and zelda8 died the next night, and another nightkill was there. Not to mention how he rarely posts and was always suspicious of Kokirion who was a townie.

So what are you accusing him of being? Mafia? SK? Vig? The mafia are immune from all roleblocking, and Hanyou was gone all last week. I can vouch for him we chat on skype all the time.

Would the mafia make a kill so obvious? I don't think so. Also there is a chance the doctor saved a person the first night and kept them from dying... yet another senario we didn't consider originally as to why only one died the first night. I think killing Hanyou on such little evidence would be a BAD idea especially if he flips town. I mean isnt this exactly what we did with AwesomeLink? Isn't this also the reason why we elected to do a No Lynch instead of lynching kokiron when the evidence with his name on it was overwhelming? (and turned out to be wrong?)

if he is the vig... do we really want to risk killing him?

Last edited:
How would the roleblocker even know if it was the godfather? I mean... if I was the role blocker and I roleblocked the godfather then it would come back as "unsuccessful" The godfather investigates as Innocent, is immune to being nightkilled, and cannot be roleblocked.

The mafia as a whole (and I have spoken to the game mod about this) cannot be roleblocked. So she roleblocked Hanyou. What good came of it... Nothing if anything... that is if he is mafia or the godfather...

Now if hes the SK or Vig then that's a whole different story... Do we really wanna take out our vigilante? I mean after all it was them who killed the first out of the 5 mafia. (so we suspect... or it could have possibly been the SK... either way). Us townies are really at a disadvantage if we kill our vigilante at this point. Because we have been stuck having to rely on them for protection and to keep us alive each night. Just saying... the information the roleblocker provided doesn't necessarily mean we should act on it.

How would the roleblocker even know if it was the godfather? I mean... if I was the role blocker and I roleblocked the godfather then it would come back as "unsuccessful" The godfather investigates as Innocent, is immune to being nightkilled, and cannot be roleblocked.

Really? I went back to the first page and looked at the godfather's description and he/she cannot be killed by any third party. The only role that under that category is the serial killer. Our vig can still nightkill the godfather as far as I understand it.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I think Jo did a fair job explaining why zelda_8's statements don't really "prove" anything. Nor does any of the "evidence" brought up against me.

zelda_8 posted a coded message supposedly indicting me as...something. But she wasn't the cop. There is no clear indication that she could have been made aware of my role, and I really think she's just throwing my name out there as a suspect because...well...perhaps she believes I am something. But there are no grounds for that belief. If she had wanted to provide evidence or explain herself, she very well could (and should) have, but she failed to do so.

I should certainly hope the suspicions of one person sending a coded message cannot weigh so heavily against players in this game, especially when that person is not necessarily in a position to have any definitive evidence against me.

Okay, so last time I saw this, I kinda went TREESTUMP at it cus I didn't know what to make of it. Well, recent events have enlightened me to the possibility that it's a code with some genuine meaning (brilliant deduction eh? lol). So...taking the most simple number to letter code out there...

8=H
1=A
14=N
24=X
15=O
21=U

...Hanxou. I'm gonna assume she miscounted and that it's supposed to say Hanyou. Recall that zelda_8 is also the roleblocker. Any thoughts?

And a random aside for your entertainment: ENERGIZER BUNNY *clap clap clap*

Why would the roleblocker tell us who they are roleblocking, did they know they were going to be taken out so they told us who they were suspicious of in a code?

Why would the roleblocker tell us who they are roleblocking, did they know they were going to be taken out so they told us who they were suspicious of in a code?

The only reason I can think of is that she roleblocked Hanyou, and assumed that she had hit a power role. The problem is that Hanyou could be a pro-town role, and we don't want to take him out, because that would be an unwise move.

Last edited:
The only reason I can think of is that she roleblocked Hanyou, and assumed that she had hit a power role. The problem is that Hanyou could be a pro-town role, and we don't want to take him out, because that would be an unwise move.

Exactly... The only good that would come of blocking a "pro-town" role is if she had blocked the prince on the night he dies. Cuz then we might possibly (if hes not immune) skip the day of mourning.

And Zach125. I could ask PJDEP again, but I was going off of the MafiaScum. [link] As well as what he told me. I could have misinterpreted but I believe the Godfather is immune. I know the roleblocking thing for sure though.

EBWODP

Guys, I'm going to make an anaylsis of Jo later tonight.

Basically, I'm suspicious of Jo because she's went from someone that usually made large posts to defend other townies whilst making in depth posts about who she believes is Mafia, to someone that just makes short posts that don't really add a lot in terms of finding Mafia. She also rarely accused anyone from what I can remember in the last round, whereas in the last couple of days or so, she has being throwing her accusations at several people, without a lot of evidence to back up her reasoning.

We also believe that the Mafia are a little smarter than usual, and from last game, we know that Jo is excellent at this game, so she fits those beliefs well. So when I get back, I'll make a large analysis.

I won't take any form of large analytical posts into account when I get back from work either, as Jo will have had time to read my post, she that I was suspicious of her and for what reasons, and will have had time to form a post that would be the exact opposite of how she's played so far (although she has made an analytical post or two already, but it's barely anything compared to last round unless I've remembered incorrectly, in which case, I'll withdraw my suspicion because it was based on incorrect evidence)...sorry if this isn't that good in terms of informing you about my ideas, but it will be much clearer later tonight.

It doesn't say that the godfather can't be roleblocked. And you guys seem to be defending him way too much. Besides, we've said the godfather is probably experienced, and he is a Moderator, I'm sure he's played his fair share of Mafia. And, we don't have much of any evidence on anyone else.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Alright, in regards to this Godfather being night targeted thing. I JUST asked Austin (PJDEP) and got a confirmation that the Godfather cannot be night-targeted by ANYONE, including SK, Vig, Townie Roleblocker, and Cop. Clear? Good :3

*hoppity hoppity hop hop hop*

Alright, in regards to this Godfather being night targeted thing. I JUST asked Austin (PJDEP) and got a confirmation that the Godfather cannot be night-targeted by ANYONE, including SK, Vig, Townie Roleblocker, and Cop. Clear? Good :3

*hoppity hoppity hop hop hop*

Wit that said, I think we can close a chapter for what happened during the first night since PJDEP never specified what happened. I think either the SK or the vig got roleblocked and the other targeted the godfather.

Wit that said, I think we can close a chapter for what happened during the first night since PJDEP never specified what happened. I think either the SK or the vig got roleblocked and the other targeted the godfather.

I still think its more likely they all targeted Kyby, or atleast 2/3rd did... maybe one targeted the Godfather or was Roleblocked... But i think its unlikely that both rendered unsuccessful. Kyby was such a huge threat last game. I think he would have been the natural choice for the Mafia, SK, and Vig to eliminate.

But you would know that and would just be steering us in the wrong direction once again now wouldn't you Mr. Zach... I seem to recall you incriminating MK9 in one of your posts early early in the game... how is it the Mafia has left you alone... unless you were possibly one of them...

FoS: Zach125

=
But you would know that and would just be steering us in the wrong direction once again now wouldn't you Mr. Zach... I seem to recall you incriminating MK9 in one of your posts early early in the game... how is it the Mafia has left you alone... unless you were possibly one of them...

FoS: Zach125

Care to tell me what quote you're talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom