• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I agree it's a little bit suspicious if someone is changing his vote, but do you really think we have to change our suspicious from Axle to HoT only because he unvoted?

Because Hot is more suspicious than Axle.Axle has only one piece of pretty bad evidence against him,while HoT has a ton of evidence against him.First you vote for Axle with incredibly bad evidence,and now you're trying to make people stop voting for HoT and get them to vote for Axle,even though HoT is clearly more suspicious.

IGMEOY:Kokirion

Am I not allowed to unvote Axle once he has pleaded his case? Would you rather me keep my vote on him? Wow this is stupid.

By chance did you ever actually unvote Axle? by saying "Unvote: Axle the Beast"?

It is suspicious to keep changing your votes, but it is also better if you think Axle is a town, to try and save him, that is IF you are a town. I mean the goal of the game is to have the towns survive. and knock out the mafia and SK.

Isn't this the same position that Awesome was in. I'll admit, I may seem scummy when I do it, and I even thought Awesome did too, but that's just how my brain works. I'm so open to change and I like to think a lot. And look what happened to Awesome, we lynched him for almost the exact same reason and he was also townie. If you guys lose me, you will NOT win this game. Unless you guys are scum that are suspicious of me.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Because Hot is more suspicious than Axle.Axle has only one piece of pretty bad evidence against him,while HoT has a ton of evidence against him.First you vote for Axle with incredibly bad evidence,and now you're trying to make people stop voting for HoT and get them to vote for Axle,even though HoT is clearly more suspicious.

IGMEOY:Kokirion

I don't really see why he's more suspicious. Because he changed his vote, he has to lynch? Awesome did the same thing, and he was a townie. If you are a Mafia member you aren't making this little mistakes, because failure is not an option. The fact that he changed his accusings is not suspicious IMO.

And about Axle, with the things he posted meanwhile, he didn't convince me he was a true townie. Maybe HoT is more suspicious, but only because of some "newbie" mistakes. While Axle is acting incredible passive, that's better evidence as that of HoT. Do you want a second awesome lynch? Or are you at least choosing for someone with a "real" possibility of being a scum?

Possibly hinting he's the vigilante or perhaps a special role? Or maybe he's trying to get us to pity him? idk...

The quote you are referring to made me laugh. To be honest, I thought that it was just him either being arrogant by suggesting he's the only way that we will win this round because he thinks he's that awesome, or that he has a pro-townie role...It's not really that suspicious though, just a noob mistake.

yes, if he's not active then he isn't very helpfull. But even if he posts, it's probably passive. VOTE: Axle

I say the course of action we should take is we all vote for him. Leave him at L2 (meaning we leave him with two votes 'til he's dead) and wait for him to roleclaim. Then, we wait for somebody to counterclaim him. If nobody claims within the next three hours, then we assume that he's telling the truth and back off.

Vote: Axle the Beast

I'm glad people agree with me. Even if he's a townie, why keep him? He's not gonna just mysteriously start contributing in a few rounds.

Vote: Axle the Beast

Ok Axle, I guess things can get pretty busy, so...

IGMEOY: Axle the Beast

So currently Axle has 3 votes? Hero of Time, I believe you are fairly new to the game. Were you going to "UNVOTE" axle or were you claiming to unvote him, but secretly keeping your vote in tact?

Axle certainly had motive for killing Kybyrian. I mean after all Kyby did help get rid of him so early in the game last time. But Kyby also had proven himself to be a very high threat and also considering the lack of knowing if the serial killer and vig, aimed for Kyby, the godfather, or were roleblocked. I think its fairly safe to guess/assume that it was likely they targeted Kyby due to his high level of threat last game.

So currently Axle has 3 votes? Hero of Time, I believe you are fairly new to the game. Were you going to "UNVOTE" axle or were you claiming to unvote him, but secretly keeping your vote in tact?

I figured if I changed it to an IGMEOY, the vote was taken off. My bad:

Unvote: Axle the Beast

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Do you want a second awesome lynch? Or are you at least choosing for someone with a "real" possibility of being a scum?

This portion of your post was obviously meant to get people to back off, or at least think over their decision to vote Hero. The problem is it doesn't have much to back it up. ( Please don't take offense to this Hero ;-;'' ) Could his lynching really be compared to loosing Awesome? From what I picked up in one of your posts, he's a newbie at this game. Hell I was a newbie last game so I'm not saying that's bad or anything, -but- the reason it sucked that we lost Awesome was because he was a really experienced player. :c

And, there is a "real" possibility for anyone to be scum. For all we know, we could be on the COMPLETELY wrong track and Hero and Axel could both be townies. Narrowing your scope on who can "really" be scum is what got Awesome lynched and what lost the whole game for townies in round 2.

You seem to be just a little to sure that Hero's not scum all of a sudden, and a little to eager to try and lynch off Axel.

IGMEOY: Kokirion

Time will tell.

Seriously, those three word will solve this. Kybyrian was picked off first. KK, cool, guess what? This proves the mafia is smart. Killing off the guy who basically played the game like a perfect chess board last round was incredibly strategic If they know what's good for them, they'll pick off the well established players next, among them Hanyou,Zack, MK9, myself, and........ Axle. This was obvious in the last game; all the good players were killed off except MK9, which wouldn't makes sense because of the "help" MK9 was giving. He, theoretically, should have been the next one to go. But guess what? He was mafia. We should wait, see if the mafia is as smart as they seem to be. If they continue to pick off these valuable players, we'll know that we need to be very careful with the time we have left. If less-established players start to go first, THEN we should start FOSing some of the big guys.

Lynching Axle now seems like a mistake. He's an invaluable asset to the townie cause. Honestly, HoT seems more suspicious. Granted, it seems more like he's just a follower, going where the current wind blows him, but still....

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, guess I'll go ahead and unvote now, so...

Unvote: Axle the Beast

Seems advanced tactics won't work here.

Seriously, those three word will solve this. Kybyrian was picked off first. KK, cool, guess what? This proves the mafia is smart. Killing off the guy who basically played the game like a perfect chess board last round was incredibly strategic If they know what's good for them, they'll pick off the well established players next, among them Hanyou,Zack, MK9, myself, and........ Axle. This was obvious in the last game; all the good players were killed off except MK9, which wouldn't makes sense because of the "help" MK9 was giving. He, theoretically, should have been the next one to go. But guess what? He was mafia. We should wait, see if the mafia is as smart as they seem to be. If they continue to pick off these valuable players, we'll know that we need to be very careful with the time we have left. If less-established players start to go first, THEN we should start FOSing some of the big guys.

Actually, advanced players being alive past the times when they could've been killed isn't always a scum tell. Sometimes scum will intentionally leave the smart players alive in order to get suspicion thrown onto them (the advanced players, not the scum) and cause confusion, and as we all know, causing confusion is what scum thrive on.

Then there's the fact that the Doctor or some other role may have protected an advanced player from getting night killed. And usually (but not always) when the Doctor protects a person, the scene for that isn't shown (generally in games with Night Scenes, they just show the Nightkills and that's about it). For instance, let's say Player A is well known for being, smart, intelligent, and a dang good scum hunter. Player B is the Doctor and knows Player A's deeds very well. Player B is pretty sure Player A is Town, so he decides to protect him, and voila, the Mafia are down a Nightkill.

And then there's the fact that scum CAN potentially go "Power Role Hunting" as I like to call it. That's actually the whole reason Durion lasted till the end of the last game. Durion wasn't hurting them at the moment and they had leads on the Power Roles. They prioritized finding the Vig and other such roles over killing Durion.

So, yes, it can sometimes mean a scum tell if an advanced player isn't killed early on, but not always.

Vergo said:
Lynching Axle now seems like a mistake. He's an invaluable asset to the townie cause. Honestly, HoT seems more suspicious. Granted, it seems more like he's just a follower, going where the current wind blows him, but still....

Agreed. Lynching Axle won't be helping us. We need to keep as many Townies alive as possible lest we be outnumbered by the Mafia.

Kokirion still seems to be suspicious to me. I mean Kyby pointed out that he had acted possibly suspicious. That night Kyby ends up dead.

Next day he places a vote on Axle without a real opinion, just a little side text. Its like he's trying to take out townies without getting noticed during the day period, and ridding himself of the more high risk threats at night.

I must check but I believe he voted for AwesomeLink as well? I could be mistaken I will check when I return home from my inlaws and report back...

FoS: Kokiron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom