• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Here's some inactive people that I'm suspicious of. IGMEOY:
(I'm speaking about the people in 3rd person cause I have a feeling they'll never see this post)
KrazyKyuubi
Her last post was number 91 and because of her inexpirience I would not be suprised if she was the Vigilante or Serial Killer.
Jetter
His last post was 187 and before that just one post which is just explaining how the game is played. He could also be the Vigilante or Serial Killer.
Axle the Beast
He hasn't posted since page 3. He didn't do anything suspicious except not post for like 14 pages. It's possible that he forgot about his role, but I'm pretty sure he's been active on the site and someone would have reminded him to do his night kill, but this doesn't mean he couldn't be mafia still, but it seems unlikely that he'd be vigilante or serial killer. Or maybe that's his plan. I dunno.
link to present
He's posted once (240) to vote no lynch. The level of inactivity is supicious in itself.

Of the people who voted for AwesomeLink86:
kokirion, Durion, Kybyrian, Hero of Time, Icetomeetyou, Ver-go-a-go-go
It's difficult to determine anything.
It's doubtful that the mafia would decide on night killing someone who would incriminate their members, but Kybyrian could be enough of a threat to risk rousing our suspicions.

IGMEOY: Hero of Time because of the way he switched his vote after others joined. He may have been trying to act out of the norm to alleviate suspicions.

Why Kybyrian?

I'm confused as to why the mafia would choose Kybyrian. He wasn't exactly forceful of his opinion, at the same time vote on was AwesomeLink who turned Town... Which ultimately helped the mafia. There must be another motive.

Since he only posted 10 times I've decided to bring his whole dialogue before the group so we may possibly discover a motive, leading to his death.
whoa man mafia is up

lol i trol u

Now where to begin... let's start making some posts!

Mafia seems to start out awkward a lot... doesn't it?

Accuses nobody.

So do we wait until a few more people post saying, "Let's wait until a few more people post."

lol flawed logic

once again acuses nobody, does not even place a drop of suspicion.

The only thing that I've seen so far is some arguing on who is better to lynch and Dracomajora saying that he hates his role, but that's more of his 11-year-old self taking over rather than a hint.

Mentions Dracomajora, but says he thinks it's just his age... Possibly making the mafia nervous? Anyone remember who he was arguing with? Was it Kokiron? Or someone else?

Elfen was lynched within the first 24 hours of the game's beginning. Any lynch that goes that fast is bound to end up townie when the odds are as they are. It's preferable to take the time that we have to make better analyses in order to avoid lynching other members.

Problem with that?

IGMEOY TheSkywardSword

This raises my brow the most... IGMEOY as well TheSkywardSword

tl;dr

I find the ones that are trying too hard as the suspicious ones atm. kokirion... masterlink, anybody else? Don't know.

Hmm... Kokiron is mentioned masterlink (a typo later revised in a future post as AwesomeLink) is as well.

I typically find that the townies have more slack... but that's just based on one game's observations, you know. People who try too hard to get people lynched are usually Mafia, which is why that they push so hard. They know there can be no negative outcome because they know whether the person is Mafia or townie. Of course, somebody has to start it. The harder the starter pushes, the harder the other will retaliate. Usually the starter is the one I'm talking about.

Maybe the mafia took this as threatening? While no names were mentioned maybe a few guilty consciousness's were perked

Actually, in this case, it wasn't really small things leading to bigger things. I was the Godfather last round and our roleblocker told me he was going to use his ability on Xinnamin. The Serial Killer did not make a move during that night period, so I knew that he hit the right person. I then encouraged Zenox to make an analysis and he brought up Xinnamin. I encouraged this, as well, and he pointed out the things that nobody else would have noticed and he wouldn't have noticed had I not encouraged him. It really wasn't the evidence in the end that got Xinnamin lynched, but the fact that I had 2 or 3 of the other Mafia members vote for her and townies jumped on the bandwagon.

Xinn's name is mentioned but only in reference to the previous game and how they lynched her... Maybe she's feeling bitter, maybe this post had nothing to do with the kill...

lol my Mafia didn't lay low last round, they were averagely active. Everybody who was inactive was killed for that inactivity. Personally I don't see vergo as a threat right now. I haven't been paying all that much attention, but nobody in particular sticks out to me right now, either.

Personally I believe that AwesomeLink sticks out the most in my eyes. I mentioned him earlier on in the game and I'm going to mention him again. It just seems awkward... too MK9-ish from last game, if you will.

AwesomeLink was playing like MK9, which seeing as they both play together at LoZ.com I suppose their stratagies could possibly become similar in nature although their alignment could fall either way. I mean after all MK9 played the role of convincing town deceiving all but the most sensitive to his trickery... Its easy that AwesomeLink would appear to be a town as well, and what do you know... This time he was. Only proves that MK9 played even better last round.

I find that AwesomeLink is trying a bit too hard to push. He claims it was starting a spark, but I believe that spark was started long ago. It seems he's trying to control everybody and lead them toward a person. The same that can be said of Vergo can be said of quite a few people in this game. AwesomeLink seems way too much like MK9 at this point to me.

Vote: AwesomeLink86

Once again comparing AwesomeLink to MK9...

It seems that the names Kyby revealed in his posts are DracoMajora, Kokiron, AwesomeLink, Xinn, MK9, TheSkywardSword. Kyby was careful not to directly accuse anyone. Knowing AwesomeLink is innocent... Are these others Innocent as well? or are they hiding something?

Why did the Mafia choose Kybyrian?

If the vigilante and serial killer really are inactive players, then that'll give only one kill for the mafia per night.

Guys, there are several options for what happened with the Vigilante and Serial Killer's nightkills. Both could have been blocked, both could have been inactive, or a mixture of the two. And then their is the final option, one of the players could have accidently come across the Godfather/Godmother, as that role can not be killed by a third party, and finally the Vigilante or Serial Killers may be inactive members, and never sent in their nightkills. So we are going to have play our hand very well, as if we rush in thinking we could kill the Godfather/Godmother or Serial Killer, we could end up killing the Vigilante, and that's a serious disadvantage to have. This is an interesting occurance, and we should discuss it well before we make up our minds. Personally, I believe that the Godfather may have been found, whilst the other nightkill role was inactive or blocked, as both being blocked is a very unlikely occurance according to probability.

Din Akera

Sniper
It seems that the names Kyby revealed in his posts are DracoMajora, Kokiron, AwesomeLink, Xinn, MK9, TheSkywardSword. Kyby was careful not to directly accuse anyone. Knowing AwesomeLink is innocent... Are these others Innocent as well? or are they hiding something?

Why did the Mafia choose Kybyrian?

I think the most obvious reason for Ky's death was that he was so strategic in the last game. He was a big asset to us and the mafia wanted to take him away. Now, this happened in the last game too. Axle was the first one killed by the mafia in order to suppress any help from him as a good player for the townie side. So, I don't find this nightkill weird at all Jo.

But In reference to the list, i agree that these are people to be watched. last game, when i called out MK9 and nightkilled him and called out Ky I was mafia killed. THey don't like to feel threatened.

Here's some inactive people that I'm suspicious of. IGMEOY:
(I'm speaking about the people in 3rd person cause I have a feeling they'll never see this post)
KrazyKyuubi
Her last post was number 91 and because of her inexpirience I would not be suprised if she was the Vigilante or Serial Killer.
Jetter
His last post was 187 and before that just one post which is just explaining how the game is played. He could also be the Vigilante or Serial Killer.
Axle the Beast
He hasn't posted since page 3. He didn't do anything suspicious except not post for like 14 pages. It's possible that he forgot about his role, but I'm pretty sure he's been active on the site and someone would have reminded him to do his night kill, but this doesn't mean he couldn't be mafia still, but it seems unlikely that he'd be vigilante or serial killer. Or maybe that's his plan. I dunno.
link to present
He's posted once (240) to vote no lynch. The level of inactivity is supicious in itself.

My biggest comment on this is Axle. He is a usually active player in mafia games (is he not?) I know he has been busy lately, but I find it weird he isn't posting. In reference to what I said earlier, this may be a tactic to keep himself alive for more than one night, because the mafia simply get rid of him due to his value to the townies. If he isn't killed off, it might make me wonder why.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I think the most obvious reason for Ky's death was that he was so strategic in the last game. He was a big asset to us and the mafia wanted to take him away. Now, this happened in the last game too. Axle was the first one killed by the mafia in order to suppress any help from him as a good player for the townie side. So, I don't find this nightkill weird at all Jo.

But In reference to the list, i agree that these are people to be watched. last game, when i called out MK9 and nightkilled him and called out Ky I was mafia killed. THey don't like to feel threatened.

My biggest comment on this is Axle. He is a usually active player in mafia games (is he not?) I know he has been busy lately, but I find it weird he isn't posting. In reference to what I said earlier, this may be a tactic to keep himself alive for more than one night, because the mafia simply get rid of him due to his value to the townies. If he isn't killed off, it might make me wonder why.
^I agree with everything here.

Both could have been blocked, both could have been inactive, or a mixture of the two. And then their is the final option, one of the players could have accidently come across the Godfather/Godmother, as that role can not be killed by a third party, and finally the Vigilante or Serial Killers may be inactive members, and never sent in their nightkills. [..] Personally, I believe that the Godfather may have been found, whilst the other nightkill role was inactive or blocked, as both being blocked is a very unlikely occurance according to probability.
Yes chances of both role blockers randomly (or pretty much randomly) choosing both the sk and the vigilante is about (1/10 x 1/20=) 1/200, while chance of sk-or-vigilante choosing the godfather is about 1/10. So. It's more likely that someone has found the godfather.

Also the doctor may have had a hand, but the chances of two people picking the same person (i.e. the doc and the sk/vigilante) is in the neighborhood of 1/400, so ya.

Austin

Austin
I just want to clarify something, as I've been getting quite a bit of PMs lately. There was no deadline for everyone's night-ability PMs, and I received all of them and took them all into account. No one's PM was ignored or anything. If you're confused about the current situation, I recommend that you take a look at the initial post of the game, or continue to discuss amongst yourselves.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
KrazyKyuubi

I don't really find anything much scummy of KK. The only thing that makes her suspicious is the in activeness.

Jetter

I agree, but the 1/2 Guild Wars game, Jetter posted only 4 times, and that too all his posts were to either vote, FOS or IGMEOY someone. He was the village leader there.

Axle the Beast

Yes, this is always really suspicious. In my opinion, Axel posts a lot. I never played any games with him, but I know that he is a really experienced player and so I think that he probably posts a lot. He also once said that he used this in active thing when he was scum and he survived for a long time. He might be doing it here too.

link to present

Yes, I agree, that is really suspicious, but the last time he was online was October 11th, and he posted that post on October 10th. He might be really busy with school or something like that. Maybe that's why he can't post, but still, this game has been going for more than a week I think, so he should have posted :hmm:

IGMEOY: Hero of Time because of the way he switched his vote after others joined. He may have been trying to act out of the norm to alleviate suspicions.

(Sorry guys, I just got back from school, and I'm too tired to quote all the posts which I'm going to mention) Actually, for a lot of pages, HoT has been planning to vote no lynch. He was discussing it and saying that that might be a good idea etc. On page 14 he got a bit suspicious of Awesome and gave awesome an IGMEOY. His next post, page 15, HoT votes no lynch as he has been planning. Then Awesome posts and tells everyone that voting someone is better than voting no one. Plus, 3 people started voting Awesome, and others started voting someone else. HoT had already been a bit suspicious of Awesome, and he pointed out that Awesome is trying to get others to change their votes and unvote him. Looking back at it, I would also have voted Awesome to say the truth because Atsuma did something like that when he was done for. I don't clearly remember, but I do recall him doing something like what Awesome was doing and Atsuma turned out Mafia. This is just my opinion of why I think that HoT is not really that suspicious. You could think differently if you want.

Guys, there are several options for what happened with the Vigilante and Serial Killer's nightkills. Both could have been blocked, both could have been inactive, or a mixture of the two. And then their is the final option, one of the players could have accidently come across the Godfather/Godmother, as that role can not be killed by a third party, and finally the Vigilante or Serial Killers may be inactive members, and never sent in their nightkills. So we are going to have play our hand very well, as if we rush in thinking we could kill the Godfather/Godmother or Serial Killer, we could end up killing the Vigilante, and that's a serious disadvantage to have. This is an interesting occurance, and we should discuss it well before we make up our minds. Personally, I believe that the Godfather may have been found, whilst the other nightkill role was inactive or blocked, as both being blocked is a very unlikely occurance according to probability.

Actually, if the role blockers are experienced, then they could get their target right.

That isn't entirely true. If they post once every three days they will not be modkilled by PJ. But this would still be considered inactive in the eyes of those that post quite a bit.

Fair point.

But if the vigilant and/or the serial killer did submit their vote, he/she or they might already know who the godfather is.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
But if the vigilant and/or the serial killer did submit their vote, he/she or they might already know who the godfather is.
We don't know if either of them got the Godfather/mother, and even if one did, the other was likely roleblocked or something. Point is, neither of them knows what happened to their nightkill choice, so neither knows if they got the Godfather/mother or not, and thus neither would risk revealing themselves by suddenly throwing suspicion onto their nightkill choice unless said person was already under fire. Either way, we won't get any clues out of this scenario.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
Kybyrian was killed by the Mafia and Awesome was innocent...

Neither the Serial Killer or Vigilante made a kill. This means that the role blockers are really experienced or the SK and V are inactive. Perhaps Axle is one of these. He hasn't been posting here recently.

I don't mean to be a bandwagon jumper again, but I agree that Axle is suspicious. Considering from what I know, he brought Mafia to ZD, so even if he isn't game mod surely he would play right? I know he has jobs as a mod and mailbag and all, but I've seen him here numerous times without posts.

IGMEOY: Axle the Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom