• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I think Awsome is a good target.How much sparks is he trying to start?He started enough at the beggining.Soon he's gonna make so much sparks that his fire will engulf the entire world.Huge exaggeration,but you know what I mean.It seems like he's trying to convince us to vote for whoever he wants.Also,it seems like he's trying to convince us to think he's townie and unvote him as a last resort.I say he's the best choice for a lynch,but i'd rather not vote for him since I don't have enough evidence.

FOS:Awsome

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
There is only 2 hours left I think. So far it's like this maybe, I'm not sure:

No Lynch: 2 votes
Awesome: 4 votes
Ver-go: 1 vote

Austin

Austin
There is only 2 hours left I think. So far it's like this maybe, I'm not sure:

No Lynch: 2 votes
Awesome: 4 votes
Ver-go: 1 vote
Pretty much, except only one person has a vote for No Lynch right now. Hero of Time voted for AwesomeLink86 which cancelled out his first vote for No Lynch. Everyone, remember to unvote before casting a new vote. All in bold ;)

Kirino

Tatakae
I find HoT suspicious for the following reasons.

Hero Of Time said:
So, um, I just caught up and no one really looks suspicious to me. At least, nothing worth voting for.

He's just acting passive here.A lurker?

Hero Of Time said:
I was just gonna say pretty much the same thing.
Vote: No Lynch

Here he just jumps on the bandwagon.And look at this:

Hero Of Time said:
The funny thing is, he never once says he's a townie, he just says good luck townies. He's just trying to get pity and for us to unvote him IMO.

Vote: Awesome

Here he just changes his vote because he sees other people voting for him.Maybe he found a chance to lynch an innocent townie,and now he's going for it?Also,he voted for him based on a single piece of evidence.Others that voted had several.

FOS:Awsome,HoT.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
His use of WIFOM to suggest that his contribution of posts is not scum behavior because scum would do *this* or *that*. Bad reasoning dude. Also for not contributing a whole lot. I'm not talking about his lack in posts, just the content in them. He says "look out for this", "look out for that", "I'm really busy" and "I've posted more than once which means I'm not scum" (I know those weren't his exact words but that's what I gathered from what he said)

I agree that Ver-go's repetitive points is a rather suspicious way to play, but we can't forget that Ver was watching the whole last game knowing everybodys roles and watched their strategies in real-time, not just in hindsight. So... he might just be trying to bring that experience to the game? :c

I say leave him in the game for awhile, an IGMEOY seems more appropriate than a vote at least for the time being.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I'm voting No Lynch.

Simply put, the most "suspicious" people have also been the most helpful, and lynching any of them puts us at risk. While I would like to have come up with someone to vote against, there's simply no way I can do so right now without taking this risk. For all any of us know, AwesomeLink and Vergo could be helpful townies.

I'm against punishing people for being too quiet, but I'm even more against punishing people for being talkative.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
For all any of us know, AwesomeLink and Vergo could be helpful townies.

I'm against punishing people for being too quiet, but I'm even more against punishing people for being talkative.
Hanyou: Voice of Reason or Mafia Defender?
We'll never know. O wait yes we will :P Anyway it's about finding scum, not about punishing people. If the town agrees (via voting) that we think these people are potential mafia, then (via voting) we will find out.

Also, Ver-go-a-go-go hasn't proven to be helpful in the smallest degree. He's posted fluff and a small amount of it at that.

I'm going to go ahead and vote with my suspicions.

Vote: Ver-go-a-go-go

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
The funny thing is, he never once says he's a townie, he just says good luck townies. He's just trying to get pity and for us to unvote him IMO.

Saying "you'll see my innocence" is not saying I'm townie? Well shoot me. :?

Fair enough. I've had a 50% success rate in catching mafia, by interpreting their behavior in and out of the game. While 50% is still a failing grade in school. In mafia its quite a significant rate of success. He just doesn't give me the scum vibe. But his overall attitude is all I can attribute to my theory that he is innocent. We will only know if that's correct when he is lynched or night killed.

Also remember I was the first one to point out MK9's suspicions last game, and you guys laughed at me and lynched me for accusing him. Turns out I was right... as well as a few other names I put on my "likely scum" list.

Ok.
50% is a pretty good record, and at that rate we might be able to get rid of the mafia before too long, but there's still a 50% chance that AwesomeLink86 is mafia, according to you and your feelings or whatever.

And 50% isn't all that impressive. It's not like it's easier to win the lottery or anything XP

If you want to know whether or not I'm innocent, flip a coin! :lol:

I've decided that I'm not going to vote this game day. Why? Because I think that AL is not scum. This is my own opinion, so you could think differently. If I had to vote, I would vote Ver-go, because he is on top of my list, but he is not too suspicious for a vote, so I don't want to vote him for a small reason. With the BSR thing, she is more experienced than me. I do agree with her, and if she is defending someone, that does not necessarily mean that they are from the same team. I don't know much about Mafia, so I'll use a Guild Wars example. In Guild Wars, I was an assassin of guild 1. While people were accusing me, Elfen was sort of defending me. He turned out as the assassin of guild 2. We were supposed to be killing each other, but we ended up defending each other. This just shows that you could be from different sides, but be helping each other. We are never certain that we are from the same side. Plus, BSR is smart enough, and more experienced to know that defending someone from your same team is not a good idea. I'm not saying that BSR is innocent. She could be doing WIFOM thing as mention before with someone else. I just want to point this out so that whenever someone is defending someone else, (anyone, not necessarily BSR and AL) then you don't suspect them for this one reason ;) You need stronger suspicions than just that, because that might make us loose innocent townies.

Wow, I just went way off topic from what my main point of posting was :lol:

EBWODP

Going back to my main point of posting, I don't know who to vote for, so I won't vote. And I also don't really like the idea of a no lynch. I'll leave the decision up to you, because I don't know what to do ;)

To use a mafia example, the mafia knows who the townies are except for the SK. A mafia member might try to defend a townie to not only gain the townie's trust, but to also make his/herself look better if that person ever does flip townie. Then again, that person can be defending the townie because of being a cop or just believes them. So defending someone is neither a scum nor a townie tell, it just is what it is.

I think Awsome is a good target.How much sparks is he trying to start?He started enough at the beggining.Soon he's gonna make so much sparks that his fire will engulf the entire world.Huge exaggeration,but you know what I mean.It seems like he's trying to convince us to vote for whoever he wants.Also,it seems like he's trying to convince us to think he's townie and unvote him as a last resort.I say he's the best choice for a lynch,but i'd rather not vote for him since I don't have enough evidence.

FOS:Awsome

Where the crap is this coming from?? A spark starter starts a spark (tongue twister :D) but once the flame is lit it's lit. I never once said that I was going to keep on lighting flames in the game. I starting the spark (okay I'm starting to hate this phrase now XD) to get the game going. That's it. After that point, people can play like they want. You say flame (and others have too) like it's a bad thing. I'm just getting the game going so that we don't just sit on the sidelines and let the mafia pick us off one by one we're so lazy to actually try and find the scum because we expect the scum to come out and tell us who they are! *breathes* But if you want to lynch for it, fine go ahead. Maybe just maybe you'll believe me if I flip town.

Good catch BTW in post 229! FOS Hero of Music

So apparently we're ending at 11:30 EST and not 5:30 EST.

Mod: What will happen if there is a tie between someone and NO LYNCH?

Now off to KK Mafia 4 at LOZ.com! We're ending Day 2 there tonight! :-)

My current tally I have is

(2) No Lynch (THP, Hanyou)
(4) awesome (Kokorion, Durion, Kybyrian HoT)
(2) Ver-go (AwesomeLink, TheGreen)

I do not feel good voting with such little evidence there is, given AwesomeLink's behavior as I mentioned before, is still not suspicious in my eyes. And not having complied enough information on Ver-go. I am content to see how night plays out and if I live to see tomorrow, pick up on it from there.

Vote: No Lynch

In case I do not live through the night...
FoS: Kokorian and HoT

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
Looks like the ice is freezing the sparks~

(2) No Lynch (THP, Hanyou)
(5) Awesome (Kokorion, Durion, Kybyrian, HoT, Ice)

Whoa...Deja Vu...o.o

By the way, you don't have to call me by my who username. I go by Icy, Icey, and Ice.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Looks like the ice is freezing the sparks~

More like contributing to them :facepalm:

And you forgot Bayside's vote for no lynch in your tally.

It should be:

(3) No Lynch (THP, Hanyou, Bayside)
(5) Awesome (Kokorion, Durion, Kybyrian, HoT, Ice)

Well looks like I'm a goner. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Unless 3 more people vote No Lynch that is...

Din Akera

Sniper
wow, lots to catch up! I don't think there is any problems with the number of posts!
tbh, the person that stands out to me is Kokirion and that is mostly from earlier in the game that I say that. He was under fire for a long time by Durion and then just didn't post for awhile. Suddenly he post with just a vote against the person the majority is voting aganist. Sounds like trying to stay out of the fire to me.

And as for Vergo, i know he is really really busy and don't think he is mafia at all. And voting on just his absence I do not think is wise.

Also, a no lynch imo give mafia and SK a free kill. So i don't think that is wise to vote that way.

Vote: Kokirion

Voting for me.... lolz. Listen to your peers guys. Durion, Kybyrian, Din Akera and Hanyou are incredibly good at this game; look at what Kybyrian pulled off last round. Their reasoning stands true; I could be quite valuable when it matters most. Pulling the trigger on me merely because of my "suspicious" aura and my "fluff" posts is horrible reasoning. I'll say it again - in-depth analysis at this point proves nearly fruitless. We're all still alive here; the chances of actually lynching a mafia member on day one are slim. The Green, your reasoning doesn't make sense; am I the only one that has proved "useless" in this first day? Better yet, could any of us *truly* do anything "helpful" on day one?

But eh, voting. I can't say I'm really vibing for this "no lynch" thing. If we're indecisive and not confident about ourselves, how can we possibly get anywhere? It would be like us losing the Beloved Prince/Princess right off the bat, except then we could lose a lynch when it really mattered most (endgame).

Vote:Awesome

Needle in a haystack. Honestly, I don't know what to think of you. If you turn out to be another Elfen, I really am sorry. But doing nothing isn't a good alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom