• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Before people are too quick to vote for a lynch or even a no lynch at all, go back and really analyze and make sure that is what you want to do. I'm afraid some people might be quick to jump on a lynch/no lynch bandwagon.

Lynching:
Pros: Besides the vigilante and serial killer, this is the only other way to get rid of scum. The Godfather can not be nightkilled, which means that the only way to get rid of him/her is to lynch. Therefore we have a chance, though small, of actually lynching scum. If this is the route we choose, we need to make sure we analyze EVERYTHING and make the best choice possible.
Cons: We risk losing a innocent townie. However, with 19 townies to 6 scum, losing 1 townie may not be as that bad in the long run.

No Lynch:
Pros: We avoid lynching an innocent townie.
Cons: We forfeit a chance to lynch scum, so the further opportunities we'll have at getting rid of the scum will be reduced by 1. Plus, we gain no connection to those who voted, who was lynched and who was nightkilled.

Honestly guys, at the risk of sounding more suspicious, I say we should probably go ahead and lynch someone. It's going to be a while before we are in a lynch-or-lose situation. We have 13 more townies than scum, which means even if we go 2 days without lynching a single scum, we would be in a 11 to 6 situation which is still a clear majority. What do y'all think?

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I guess I walked right into that one XD

I just realized that I'm not going to be around when the deadline ends. I'm going to go ahead and make my vote. It sucks though since I never got to finish my analysis.

VOTE: Ver-go

Reasons: His use of WIFOM to suggest that his contribution of posts is not scum behavior because scum would do *this* or *that*. Bad reasoning dude. Also for not contributing a whole lot. I'm not talking about his lack in posts, just the content in them. He says "look out for this", "look out for that", "I'm really busy" and "I've posted more than once which means I'm not scum" (I know those weren't his exact words but that's what I gathered from what he said)

Please read post #213 for my reasons for NOT voting No Lynch.

Last edited:
Infact, reading over Awesome's posts again, I believe he's pushing a little too hard to stir up suspicion amongst the group. It's like he wants to try and subtlely and therefore...

Vote: AwesomeLink86

Also, you state that Vergo had bad reasoning for something, but when someone said you were trying too hard to control the game, you said something about why no be suspicious of others?. I don't really see this as a good reason for trying to stir suspicion amongst the group. I know you are stating that it's not an attempt to get anyone lynched, but to cause suspicion, but it's also a tactic used by Mafia.

The only reason I have suddenly found AwesomeLink more suspicious than Icetomeetyou is because I think her posting is more of a beginners mistake, whereas AwesomeLink has history in the game.

Kybyrian

I find that AwesomeLink is trying a bit too hard to push. He claims it was starting a spark, but I believe that spark was started long ago. It seems he's trying to control everybody and lead them toward a person. The same that can be said of Vergo can be said of quite a few people in this game. AwesomeLink seems way too much like MK9 at this point to me.

Vote: AwesomeLink86

Yes Awesome seems suspicious, but something tells me he's an overzealous town member. Its hard to be sure. I just get the townie vibe from him.

Instead of lynching a likely innocent I think it would be best to let night go through its phase and continue our investigation when we have a little more information to go off of. However I leave the choice up to you.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
You know what the irony is? That by trying to "start the spark" I've done just that and it's caused people to come after me. I mean this is really what I wanted, it just so happened that I caught in the crosshairs but I'm not disappointed in the least. I'll say my farewell if I have to. Now I've given the townies somewhere to start in the coming days. I have no need to roleclaim, you'll see my innocence. I have to go for now, so just in case I'm the one that's lynched, good luck townies!

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Yes Awesome seems suspicious, but something tells me he's an overzealous town member. Its hard to be sure. I just get the townie vibe from him.
Any defense of anyone makes you suspicious. IGMEOY: Baysiderulez
Not to say that defending someone is suspicious, but defending someone that people already have established as having suspicious behavior puts you in cahoots and therefore in the line of fire.
Instead of lynching a likely innocent I think it would be best to let night go through its phase and continue our investigation when we have a little more information to go off of. However I leave the choice up to you.
If you'll reread the info from the Mafia wiki you keep referring to, you'll read that it's unwise to give up a possible scum lynch. According you the infor that you provided we need to lynch someone.

You know what the irony is? That by trying to "start the spark" I've done just that and it's caused people to come after me. I mean this is really what I wanted, it just so happened that I caught in the crosshairs but I'm not disappointed in the least. I'll say my farewell if I have to. Now I've given the townies somewhere to start in the coming days. I have no need to roleclaim, you'll see my innocence. I have to go for now, so just in case I'm the one that's lynched, good luck townies!

The funny thing is, he never once says he's a townie, he just says good luck townies. He's just trying to get pity and for us to unvote him IMO.

Vote: Awesome

Any defense of anyone makes you suspicious. IGMEOY: Baysiderulez
Not to say that defending someone is suspicious, but defending someone that people already have established as having suspicious behavior puts you in cahoots and therefore in the line of fire.

Fair enough. I've had a 50% success rate in catching mafia, by interpreting their behavior in and out of the game. While 50% is still a failing grade in school. In mafia its quite a significant rate of success. He just doesn't give me the scum vibe. But his overall attitude is all I can attribute to my theory that he is innocent. We will only know if that's correct when he is lynched or night killed.

Also remember I was the first one to point out MK9's suspicions last game, and you guys laughed at me and lynched me for accusing him. Turns out I was right... as well as a few other names I put on my "likely scum" list.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Ok.
50% is a pretty good record, and at that rate we might be able to get rid of the mafia before too long, but there's still a 50% chance that AwesomeLink86 is mafia, according to you and your feelings or whatever.

And 50% isn't all that impressive. It's not like it's easier to win the lottery or anything XP

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I've decided that I'm not going to vote this game day. Why? Because I think that AL is not scum. This is my own opinion, so you could think differently. If I had to vote, I would vote Ver-go, because he is on top of my list, but he is not too suspicious for a vote, so I don't want to vote him for a small reason. With the BSR thing, she is more experienced than me. I do agree with her, and if she is defending someone, that does not necessarily mean that they are from the same team. I don't know much about Mafia, so I'll use a Guild Wars example. In Guild Wars, I was an assassin of guild 1. While people were accusing me, Elfen was sort of defending me. He turned out as the assassin of guild 2. We were supposed to be killing each other, but we ended up defending each other. This just shows that you could be from different sides, but be helping each other. We are never certain that we are from the same side. Plus, BSR is smart enough, and more experienced to know that defending someone from your same team is not a good idea. I'm not saying that BSR is innocent. She could be doing WIFOM thing as mention before with someone else. I just want to point this out so that whenever someone is defending someone else, (anyone, not necessarily BSR and AL) then you don't suspect them for this one reason ;) You need stronger suspicions than just that, because that might make us loose innocent townies.

Wow, I just went way off topic from what my main point of posting was :lol:

EBWODP

Going back to my main point of posting, I don't know who to vote for, so I won't vote. And I also don't really like the idea of a no lynch. I'll leave the decision up to you, because I don't know what to do ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom