• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanyou

didn't build that
To be honest, I've been watching this thread for some time now, and no one's done anything that's a definitive scumtell. I'm trying to FoS people here, but nothing's working.

There's been some suspicious behavior, I suppose, on the part of AwesomeLink, but that could go either way. When you're looking to dig up mafia, you will read mafia-ness into their posts. It's very easy to do.

It's fair to say AwesomeLink is defensive because he was put on the defensive. One logically follows from the other. If he seemed to apathetic, that would be a problem too.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
I would agree with your Kybyrian if it was later in the game. However it's the first day and I'd rather see this "spark starter" approach that AwesomeLink is taking rather than everyone quickly bandwagon voting against someone because of one line in their first post like we did last game (which btw could have very easily happend to DM and SS but didn't. <3).

Din Akera

Sniper
Wow you guys post a lot lol. Right now. I agree with what was said about Zack. I believe it was Xinn a couple pages back.
Stay tuned for more names when I'm not falling asleep.

T

TheSkywardSword

*eyebrows shoot up in surprise*

Six pages later, I have finally gotten through all your posts. At least we are going somewhere now!

But seriously, I am surprised that when I make one post to try to get things moving, I get criticism and IGMEOYs. I suppose that's how it is in Mafia. At least there aren't any votes yet, which is comforting.

If you look at my reasonings, you'll see why I'm trying to be a spark starter. To get things moving. Nothing more, nothing less.
Same here. I haven't played forum Mafia before and I worry that we'll end the day with no votes, thus giving the mafia a free kill. I know that I shouldn't, but I still do.

Also, I love the way that you all think I'm a guy. As far as I know, I have not had a sex change, and I like to think that I am female. :P

EBWODP: Sorry if anybody gets offended by what I just said. I have just been notified that that sort of thing is what is on the mature forums. I didn't know and once again, I am sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just throwing this back into the mix... The day ends on the 11th. That gives us 3 days till our first night. I do think we are on the right track so far. While I'm greatly against bandwagoning. It would be harmful to allow a person to die with only one or two votes against them. Thats leaving too much power in the hands of too few. I'd be wary of this happening, as no good could come of it.

I think we need to begin to make our final statements for the day, then start the voting process. That is if we would like to systematically end this day without a false sense of urgency.

I think we need to begin to make our final statements for the day, then start the voting process. That is if we would like to systematically end this day without a false sense of urgency.

If that's the route you want to take, the we got to be careful on who to chose because of the new role.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Bayside is right! But since we don't have any strong suspicions against anyone yet, do we a) lynch someone with little evidence, b) lynch someone at random, c) lynch an "idiot" (there's really hasn't been one of these...........yet), or d) lynch one of the lurkers?

All of these are shots in the dark. I'm more in favor of choice A TBH. With 19 townies vs 6 scum, we are more likely to lynch a townie than scum, BUT even if 5 townies die during Day/Night 1 (lynch, vengeful kill, mafia kill, SK kill, & vigil kill), we will have 14 vs 6 which is still a majority by 8. That's not TOO bad. That doesn't mean we stop discussing and just vote, but we do need to be ready by deadline.

Anyways, when I have more time, I'll look through the players and give my 2 cents on who we should lynch first.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Ok, I've read through everything. I could not post because of the tests and stuff, but this weekend is a long weekend, so I'll be posting ;).

I'll start with the AL accusation. I think that it's a 50-50. Most scum are people who try not to get the attention to themselves. These are mostly people who are new to this game. I don't clearly remember, but I think that MK9 said that AL has played a lot of games. MK9 himself played a lot of games, and always acts to 'help the townies'. This is what AL might be doing, but at the other hand, he might be wanting to lynch scum. That is also a townie thing sometimes. We need scum hunters and try to bring out the scum and keep the townies instead of loosing both, right?

Right now with what AL said, it's a hard choice. A is a big no. B, as you know, I'm always against it, so that's also a no. C, I'm not really sure about this... D, same, not sure. Right now D is our best bet, is it? It might also not be a good thing because school started, and now we are in our first month of school (well, for me) and at this time, there are a lot of test and assignments and so real life could get in the way. What I say is a mixture of A and D. We look at the lurkers. Remember, just because you don't post too much does not mean you are scum. It could also mean that you are too busy, or are a special townie and trying not to get too suspicious so you could help us more but by night instead of day ;) Lurkers in my opinion are people who do post, but their posts never say to much. People like those are most likely to be lurkers to me and also the not too much info giving is a thing to be suspicious of. These are the people who I think that we should lynch (if you did not get that, then basically people who don't say too much in their posts). This is only my opinion. What do you think?

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Ok, I've read through everything. I could not post because of the tests and stuff, but this weekend is a long weekend, so I'll be posting ;).

I'll start with the AL accusation. I think that it's a 50-50. Most scum are people who try not to get the attention to themselves. These are mostly people who are new to this game. I don't clearly remember, but I think that MK9 said that AL has played a lot of games. MK9 himself played a lot of games, and always acts to 'help the townies'. This is what AL might be doing, but at the other hand, he might be wanting to lynch scum. That is also a townie thing sometimes. We need scum hunters and try to bring out the scum and keep the townies instead of loosing both, right?

Right now with what AL said, it's a hard choice. A is a big no. B, as you know, I'm always against it, so that's also a no. C, I'm not really sure about this... D, same, not sure. Right now D is our best bet, is it? It might also not be a good thing because school started, and now we are in our first month of school (well, for me) and at this time, there are a lot of test and assignments and so real life could get in the way. What I say is a mixture of A and D. We look at the lurkers. Remember, just because you don't post too much does not mean you are scum. It could also mean that you are too busy, or are a special townie and trying not to get too suspicious so you could help us more but by night instead of day ;) Lurkers in my opinion are people who do post, but their posts never say to much. People like those are most likely to be lurkers to me and also the not too much info giving is a thing to be suspicious of. These are the people who I think that we should lynch (if you did not get that, then basically people who don't say too much in their posts). This is only my opinion. What do you think?

yes I think you were right about that, did you remember last GW were Jebus and Rishian were always acting passive, and at the end they were the biggest scums..

Eduarda

yes I think you were right about that, did you remember last GW were Jebus and Rishian were always acting passive, and at the end they were the biggest scums..

Well, Jebus was the guild leader. Rishan was either a guild member or an assassin. I still don't know who the assassins were in both guilds. THP never told.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Bayside is right! But since we don't have any strong suspicions against anyone yet, do we a) lynch someone with little evidence, b) lynch someone at random, c) lynch an "idiot" (there's really hasn't been one of these...........yet), or d) lynch one of the lurkers?

All of these are shots in the dark. I'm more in favor of choice A TBH. With 19 townies vs 6 scum, we are more likely to lynch a townie than scum, BUT even if 5 townies die during Day/Night 1 (lynch, vengeful kill, mafia kill, SK kill, & vigil kill), we will have 14 vs 6 which is still a majority by 8. That's not TOO bad. That doesn't mean we stop discussing and just vote, but we do need to be ready by deadline.

Anyways, when I have more time, I'll look through the players and give my 2 cents on who we should lynch first.

If it came down to answer I think the best option would be A.
B is a definite no because you have a very small chance to vote a mafia out.
We haven't really had a C yet so no.
D is something to do later on in the game when we know more information. A lurker could be a mafia but it could be a the cop or doctor trying to lie low so they don't get lynched and can use their abilities to help us.

Right now they are all random but I think A is the best choice
IF WE HAD TO VOTE RIGHT NOW.
Let's try to get more evidence first we still have 3 days.

Eduarda

You can see the roles at the list you gave me :P

I looked at the list I gave you. It either says Guild leader or Guild member. No assassin or which guild the player is in.

@GG- What if that person turn up as someone really important? I agree on the wait for the rest of the 3 days part but.

EBWODP

Oops. I made 'I' italics instead of underlining it. Well, it does not really matter :P

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I looked at the list I gave you. It either says Guild leader or Guild member. No assassin or which guild the player is in.

@GG- What if that person turn up as someone really important? I agree on the wait for the rest of the 3 days part but.

EBWODP

Oops. I made 'I' italics instead of underlining it. Well, it does not really matter :P

I said IF I HAD TO VOTE RIGHT NOW. I chose A because I think it would be the best option IF I HAD TO VOTE RIGHT NOW.

I was just answering Awesome's question. But for right now it is best to try to find evidence for 3 more days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom