• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Guys... are we getting anywhere here? By this time last game we were close to lynching Elfen...

Let's not try to rush things. We still have five days to make an informed decision. And look what happened with Elfen (I did my research on the last game), he was a townie. We need to compile as much suspicions and evidence as we can before we lynch someone.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I want to say something about the vengefull vigilante and RVS.

We're playing with 25 players, the "vengefull vigilante" is only one of them, while there are 7 scum. The change you randomly lynch a scum is seven times as big as the vengefullie (more easy to say) so you don't have to be afraid.
But you're forgetting about the other townies. There are 18! The chance you randomly lynch a townie is ~2.5 times greater than the chance you randomly lynch a scum.

The problem is that "inactivity" can be used by the Mafia, they pretend like they are inactive while the village is only lynching the active players (most of the townies in this case) so I'm really glad people will get modkilled when they don't post in 3 days. 3 days are to short to play inactive.

@chise, have you ever played Guild Wars? In that game almost the half of everyone is scum but the game still takes at least a month. It's not that fast ;)
What he means is that it could be over quickly. [...] And guild wars works differently I think, I'm not sure how largely Atsuma changed around the rules for this game when he made it though.

I also believe that Hanyou is thinking of the following reason...

When we start the RVS, we are more than likely to kill one of our own for no reason, therefore we must put a little more thought into the first in game "day" so that we may have a chance of lynching someone that is Mafia or the SK.
There are three 4 systems to die:

scum
- mafia (they kill always townies, so yeah, every night at least one townie dies)
- SK (most of the time he's helping the townies (I know that from experience) but he decides his kills in his own so it's easy to make mistakes.

town
- the town leaders (I forgot his name, he kills a player for the town but the problem is that only one person/the "town elite' is able to decide)
- the lynching system (is 100% corrupt, is hard to trust, but this is the only system everyone has a vote in)

If you think about it there are 2-3 systems who work for the townies and 1-2 for scum. So if the lynching system is disabled it's not a huge problem ;) but the problem is that the mafia system always kills the right target while all the other systems are random
This entire post is pointless. You reiterate the rules of the game, but still you're skewing the rules to make bad statistics; the statistics are in favor of the mafia. That's all there is to it.

Firstly, you missed the entire word "could" in my previous posts, I'm not saying that it will happen like that, but it could.

Kokirion, that was all that needed to be said. You're getting everyone worked up because you aren't reading/comprehending thoroughly. I'm not rooting for either side, but this confusion just leads to a confusing game and that just isn't as fun.
This debate is completely useless too, because it's not really that relavent to the game.
Well said.

What I said was about the "length" of the game, you started to argue about something entirely different. And after you did that you said something like: "why are we debating about something such stupid". And the things you said were quite pro mafia, FOS Durion

Please, stop saying stupid things.. why are you doing that? I don't believe you are a mafia because if you were they should've allready let you stop doing this but don't make yourself more suspicious when there is no need to

I'd like to ask you to bring up all this "pro-mafia" evidence so I can better explain myself.

I think the majority of this debate is more of a misinturpretation on both parts. I was just saying Chise meant that it is possible that this round could end very quickly, which then made you bring up the system argument. The only reason I said both our views on that systems thing wasn't relavent is because there is no correct answer, as there are so many variables involved. That sorted now?

Towards TheSkywardSword, that is a very suspicious thing to say. Why do we need to rush the game? Rushing is what causes mistakes in our lynching process, and we want to avoid that. You said that we were closing to lynching Elfen last time, but he turned out to be a Townie, more annoyingly, a Townie with a role that could have been helpful. We don't want a repeat of that again, especially with Dracomajora's comment, I think what he said was more of a mistake based on the fact that he's so young and inexperienced.

I've yet to find anyone suspicios in this round, I might try and analyse people if I have any spare time. The closest to a IGMEOY I have is TheSkywardSword, but I still believe that was a beginners mistake down to lack of experience.

Guys... are we getting anywhere here? By this time last game we were close to lynching Elfen...

And Elfen was innocent... Scumtell much?

For the first day I see a lot of good discussion going on. I would like just as much of the rest of you to see a mafia go down. And it would be great if we could nail one on the first turn.

IGMEOY - theskywardsword

Austin

Austin
IMPORTANT NOTICE

Pocket Asian has decided to quit Mafia, but since it's early in the game, instead of modkilling him I'm going to have TheGreen take his place. So for all intents and purposes, Pocket Asian is now TheGreen.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's wrong with taking our time? We want to make sure that this first lynching is a well-thought out one, not something random. From the looks of it, that is what has happened early in last games and people don't like it.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
As much as it's good that there is suspicions going around, be careful to not get caught following fake evidence.

Allow me to ask another question to spice things up: If you had to vote to lynch someone right now, who would it be and why?

Right now if I had to I would probably vote Kokirion. I get the strange feeling he's trying a little "too hard" to scumhunt.

IGMEOY Kokirion

EBWODP: I agree that we shouldn't rush, however we shouldn't just sit on the sidelines either...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Alright, just got done with the thread and now I'm ready to post some more. POST MOAR GAIZ! lol jk

This sentence reminds of Master Kokiri 9. During the first game, he made a lot of analysis on people and it was later revealed that he was the serial killer. Fast forward to the second game and he uses the same strategy, even used it against one of his own. Although I seriously don't think he may be scum three times in a row, but you may never know.

That's my usual playstyle, I just adapt it a little bit for when I'm scum (just enough to not hurt the scum and keep it the same). Go to games where I've been confirmed Town. You'll see me doing the exact same thing as I have been in the previous two games, as well as this one. ;)

Why do you say "the Townies" like you're not one? IGMEOY Durion!

I realize this might be/seem insignificant to bring up, but we have to start throwing suspicions around somewhere!

Well, it is good that people are bringing things up. But the problem with bringing that up is that it doesn't really matter.

It's quite obvious that Durion was talking in third person by accident. And miswording isn't much of a reason to suspect someone. People can easily misword and be Town (IE Me in my first game where I worded my posts badly and got lynched for it, ahhh the memories <3), while at the same time, they can be scum (look at me in Round 2 here for an example, I misworded a couple times and flipped Mafia Roleblocker).

I like to point out that RVS and random lynching are two different things. RVS does not necessarily mean lynch, it's just random votes to get discussion started. Anybody can take back their votes, so one vote on somebody is not all that harmless. And since there are 25 people in this game, at this point a majority would be comprised of 13 votes. That's a lot to reach majority on a single person.

Sidenote: Watch the guys who post massive responses that seem to be contributing a ton. It's a common mafia tactic when trying to blend in really well. Master Kokiri 9 pulled off for a SUPER long time last game.

I didn't even make it to Day 4, just like Round 1. I'm not understanding how I pulled that off for a super long time last game. But I do think that we should keep a careful watch on the "analyzers", ya never know who might be trying to copy my epic game from last time.

As for the Durion/kokirion war, I personally think that they're just two Townies misunderstanding each other. But I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of one of them being Mafia or both of them being Mafia and staging a war to draw attention away from their other scum buddies/confuse the Town.

As for Durion, he isn't doing anything really very scummy in my opinion. Just bein' himself. Of course, I pulled that off flawlessly last game and look what happened. Mafia victory. And kokirion could easily just be a newb who doesn't quite know what he's talking about.

For now, I say we just keep our eyes on them and go from there.

But, I have a big suspicion on TheSkywardSword now. He says that by this point Elfen was already dead or something along those lines (I'm too lazy to find the quote XD). Honestly, I don't think speed lynching is a good thing. By speed lynching, we cut our Day 1 info short. To top it off, we also can very possibly lynch a Townie.

FoS: TheSkywardSword

How dost thou pleadst?

But, I have a big suspicion on TheSkywardSword now. He says that by this point Elfen was already dead or something along those lines (I'm too lazy to find the quote XD). Honestly, I don't think speed lynching is a good thing. By speed lynching, we cut our Day 1 info short. To top it off, we also can very possibly lynch a Townie.

He should at least know what happened last time we speed lynched and understand why we aren't doing the same thing this time.

However, I won't pass this off as newb behavior since this IS his first game.

FoS: TheSkywardSword

How dost thou pleadst?

There. I fixdeded it. Sooooo... i herd u liek mudkipz?

Kirino

Tatakae
Please, stop saying stupid things.. why are you doing that? I don't believe you are a mafia because if you were they should've allready let you stop doing this but don't make yourself more suspicious when there is no need to

How am I saying stupid things?

Kybyrian

Elfen was lynched within the first 24 hours of the game's beginning. Any lynch that goes that fast is bound to end up townie when the odds are as they are. It's preferable to take the time that we have to make better analyses in order to avoid lynching other members.

Problem with that?

IGMEOY TheSkywardSword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom