• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Approve or Disapprove Posts?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Which do you do more, approve, or disapprove? Just wondering. I guess this is a question for moderators too cuz they moderate? idk.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
I don't think I've ever disproved of a post. I'm too nice, and I don't think I've ever seen a post that deserved to be derep'd anyway.
And I don't hand out approvals unless it's obvious that the person put a lot of work into the post :p

I disapprove of most posts, because I feel as though if someone is flaming, spamming, not contributing to the conversation, or using foul language, it is my civillian duty to point it out with what I can.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I disapprove of most posts, because I feel as though if someone is flaming, spamming, not contributing to the conversation, or using foul language, it is my civillian duty to point it out with what I can.

If most posts on this forum were flaming or spamming, the forum would not be in existence. To dissaprove of most posts can be counted as falsely de-repping, which is an infractionable offense.

I only dissaprove of posts that are trolling or properly flaming. This is a rare occurence, as most threads that contain these elements are closed within an hour of their creation.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I hand out more approvals than disapprovals for posts. And I always have a legit reason. If the posts seems a little spammy, then I'll disapprove and say the reason why I disapproved. When I write out approvals, sometimes, it's for a silly reason, like if someone posted something that made me laugh hard, then I'll approve the post. Other times, I just approve when someone really put a lot of hard work into their posts.

If most posts on this forum were flaming or spamming, the forum would not be in existence. To dissaprove of most posts can be counted as falsely de-repping, which is an infractionable offense.

I worded that wrong. My bad.

I should have said "most posts that I've rated." If I disapproved of "most posts" in general, I wouldn't be in existence, because I would have been reported at this point.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I worded that wrong. My bad.

I should have said "most posts that I've rated." If I disapproved of "most posts" in general, I wouldn't be in existence, because I would have been reported at this point.

Ah. I thought that was what you meant. If you completely dissaproved of everything, I think you would have been banned a long time ago. ;)

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Yes, I often approve posts, and sometimes I disapprove things.
When I disapprove things it's mainly because it's a really stupid post. Like in the "no left-handed option thread" were some guy said something like he was glad they've made it right-handed and everything else doesn't matters. Well, I'm left-handed and when I see someone posting such stupid answer they are just screaming to be de-repu'd

also when I disapprove things it doesn't really matters because something is wrong with my reputation points :D Everything I get is always neutral :xd: (even when I know the person who gave it to me had 4 repu bars)

i don't derep I give Reputationj but some gave me a derep for saying OoT is my 2nd favorite game

Usually, that's the kind of thing you screencap and send to mod. Some people don't know that they're ruining your credibility as a user. Keep in mind people, to show that you disagree with someone, you must put in a post with a legit argument. DON'T use the rep system for that.

I disapprove a lot of posts, but not in reputation, I disapprove them in my mind. I don't really use the reputation system a lot, and if I do I use it for good reason. My reputation has gotten a bit high, so I don't use the system unless the post is really thought out or it's just horrible.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, I barely use the rep system to be honest. But, on the off chance that I do, usually I approve more than I disapprove. When I approve, it's usually for something that's great like an increase in quality of a person's posting, when a person gives several amazing points in a thread, or something along those lines. Basically, triple a behavior is what I give rep for.

When I disapprove, though, it's only if a person's posting is bad enough (and that's a rare occurance for me because my tolerance for bad posting is pretty high XD), if they are downright flaming (again, rare occurance: threads in which a person flames are usually shut down within an hour of their creation), or if they're just trolling more or less (posting spam, flaming, posting things that aren't related to the topic at hand, etc. etc.).

All in all, I only use the rep system in extreme cases, whether a post is extremely good or extremely bad. ;)

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I usually approve of posts. I've only disapproved a post once, and that was only because that person was obviously spamming. ("Spam spam spam spam..." = his whole post) I approve posts that are usually thought-out, well-written, or prove a subtle point that I've never heard about. I don't like disapproving posts because, well, I don't think anybody likes to have their Rep go down. ^^; But I will disapprove if I have to.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I've never really come across a disrespectful user of that sort, so I've always approved posts, but it's not often that I actually do.

I hand out reputation more than I "de-rep" people. I only hand out reputation when a person has a very well thought out post that they put a lot of time into. And I only disapprove when people flame, spam, or have comments that are totally off topic and unproductive to a thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom